Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-01-2017, 21:09   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hartlepool match thread (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Hughes was pushed, but the ref chose to only see that as a result of said push our lad touched the ball with his hand hence the free kick that should never have been given resulted in their equaliser - not that it should've been a surprise, the ref had a nightmare game, don't think he was biased just inept!
I fully agree on both counts AccyMad.
I said to my daughter and son in law after twenty minutes that I thought the ref was poor and he certainly went on to prove so! Hughes was clearly pushed sideways and the ball struck his arm. There was no intent whatsoever from Hughes to handle the ball because it was just dropping to his feet for him to belt it into Row Z. All afternoon the Pools players got away with a lot of pushing and leaning.....they weren't a dirty side but were well coached in the use of 'spoiling tactics' that the referee did not seem to see!
Their first goal was a late Christmas Present.......enough said!
However, having been in front twice, we should have been able to close the game down and come away with all three points.
The new lad looked lively in the closing minutes!

KEEP THE FAITH

ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-01-2017, 22:30   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Very cruel Shaker......but...Explains why you don't post on here very often anymore. As for the game......... Stanley continue to be good until the final third......As to league 2 this year, it's the poorest standard I can remember in recent years. Carlisle probably best of a bad bunch. The best footballing side are Portsmouth who continue to under perform against the poor sides they play each week. I think there are at least 2 poorer sides than Stanley this year, but our inability to convert chances is my biggest worry and surely our bad luck can't go on forever?

Bad luck , is for sure an indefinable and elusive element ,, but whatever it is it can in no way be connected with, or used as an excuse for the under-performance of a Football team !.
How it can possibly be linked to abysmal defending and the lack of the most basic skills needed to control, pass and strike a ball so apparent in our team of the moment is surely a futile exercise !.
Attention to these elements and not whether good fortune is smiling on our Club or not would
surely be of more value to their future efforts ?.
It grieves me to see that my opinions seem to mirror those of a Jeremiah...and I hope that I never come across as a prophet of doom ....

KTF....I'm trying to!.
Crown Grounder likes this.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 23:11   #33

Correct me if I'm wrong but we've been the better team in (almost) all the last 10-12 games we've played, as our form has steadily improved? Had an awful problem creating and scoring goals which also appears to be getting a little better. Been on the wrong end of lucky breaks.
We've got a couple of loan players in, and no-one is out injured. Got a great chance of being in the cup 4th round too.

I'm still very optimistic about the rest of the season.
chevyfire likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 23:41   #34
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Correct me if I'm wrong but we've been the better team in (almost) all the last 10-12 games we've played, as our form has steadily improved? Had an awful problem creating and scoring goals which also appears to be getting a little better. Been on the wrong end of lucky breaks.
We've got a couple of loan players in, and no-one is out injured. Got a great chance of being in the cup 4th round too.

I'm still very optimistic about the rest of the season.
Lord D !,......Are you able to define further the lucky breaks you mention ?..today the Reds lost two points because of poor application when it was most needed, and on many occasions a demonstration of an alarming ineptitude where basic Soccer skills were concerned !.
Those elements which you describe as lucky breaks, I would argue, don't really exist where the game we have both come to love is concerned !.
As for the contest with Luton Town, I wish that I could share your confidence !.
But I KTF...although being extremely concerned about the lack of quality existing in our current squad .
Old 03-01-2017, 00:45   #35

We all know we've had a problem scoring, but we've also got one keeping them out.
Some of the 'unlucky' odd goal defeats we've suffered have been due to errors that a keeper the likes of Marcus Bettinelli would have had no trouble stopping.
Parish is capable of making some superb saves but then commits the odd blunder. Despite his size & presence, Chapman flatters to deceive. He's seems massively insecure & needs an experienced goalkeeping coach to build up his confidence.
Do we still have one?
Revived Red likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 00:54   #36
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

yes we Doo
Old 03-01-2017, 01:30   #37
Full Member+

The silence is deafening, if Sean had missed the SITTER Mcarten missed early on the lynch mob's would have been all over these pages.
AccyMad, baldy, DAV007 and 1 others like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:45   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
The silence is deafening, if Sean had missed the SITTER Mcarten missed early on the lynch mob's would have been all over these pages.
you,re right there. best chance of the game never mind the first half. bright spot was the new lad looked lively when he came on but again another goal conceded from a free kick. overall a fair result for me against my hometown lads. wanted a draw with some goals in it before the game and i got it. same ref who we had at bradford in the cup where he was excellent but some major decisions went against us. thought sean had a decent game and was surprised when he went off. when he,s having a nightmare he usually plays the full 90. as for the goalkeeping situation chapman looked like he did against doncaster but the problem is parrish is no better. can,t see us getting another as they,re both on contract unless we can ship one out to bring a new one in.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:00   #39
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Go catch a ferret, S.M. is consistently poor FACT.
yonmon likes this.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06   #40
God Member

Quote:
Do not know if you heard the post match from Coley on Radio Lancs. but Coley mentioned this chance, Coley said that Shay did not think it was a chance...??

yonmon likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19   #41
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
We all know we've had a problem scoring, but we've also got one keeping them out.
Some of the 'unlucky' odd goal defeats we've suffered have been due to errors that a keeper the likes of Marcus Bettinelli would have had no trouble stopping.
Parish is capable of making some superb saves but then commits the odd blunder. Despite his size & presence, Chapman flatters to deceive. He's seems massively insecure & needs an experienced goalkeeping coach to build up his confidence.
Do we still have one?
Watched Darren Randolph on t'Beeb last night and remembered the commitment which he, and that excellent lad Rob Elliott gave to the team when supreme efforts were really needed !.
....and sighed for a return to those halcyon days !.
This position is a difficult one to fill though, even the very best make errors which really cost their team dearly...as Herr Klopp has discovered with his two keepers this season !.
But having two who perform well only on occasion and who do little to give confidence and inspiration to the defenders around them for most of the time surely makes for consistent failure ?.
As for our diminutive Irish striker who seldom strikes, it is the considered opinion in our coven that he has made little in the way of development since leaving Turf Moor, and has, after being given every chance to do otherwise, has become little more than mediocre !.
The other Mac, who shall not be vilified at any cost on our forum, or so it seems, was in spite of what others say, at the best inept in ball control, passing, crossing, finishing, and actually turned his back on two tackles !. His contribution was negligible !.
( and AccyMad, Monkey hanger, etc al will be after my blood no doubt ! )
Incidentally, it was not one of my New Year resolutions to morph into a grumpy old whinger
about the team I love. But the lack of quality on show, and worst of all the bewildered and sad look on our players faces as they left the pitch yesterday is causing me some concern .

As I said.....QUO VADIS STANLEY ?.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:21   #42
Senior Member+

Quote:
the silence is deafening, if sean had missed the sitter mcarten missed early on the lynch mob's would have been all over these pages.
balderdash !.
Old 03-01-2017, 11:00   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Do not know if you heard the post match from Coley on Radio Lancs. but Coley mentioned this chance, Coley said that Shay did not think it was a chance...??

he must be the only one who didn,t. miss of the game.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:34   #44
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Go catch a ferret, S.M. is consistently poor FACT.
What is fact to some is opinion to others - that's football
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:35   #45
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post

Did he not say that with regards to the miss, Shay did not think??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..