Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree78Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2017, 10:38   #46
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Hartlepool match thread (H)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Do not know if you heard the post match from Coley on Radio Lancs. but Coley mentioned this chance, Coley said that Shay did not think it was a chance...??

Bullshine he should have walloped the ball,instead he tried to place it, WRONG Decision.Also if yeh cant hold yer hand up when yeh drop one that suggests to me bad attitude?
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 03-01-2017 at 10:46.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-01-2017, 10:40   #47
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
What is fact to some is opinion to others - that's football
So do you honestly think he plays more good than bad?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:57   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bullshine he should have walloped the ball,instead he tried to place it, WRONG Decision.Also if yeh cant hold yer hand up when yeh drop one that suggests to me bad attitude?
Spot on

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 11:26   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Spot on
If thats the case should be only 1 outcome as far as i'm concerned.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:44   #50
God Member

Quote:
So do you honestly think he plays more good than bad?
I just don't think he's anywhere near as bad as he's painted by some folk & doesn't deserve the constant criticism no matter what & I don't think those who voice the opinion that he's only in the team because of bias shown by the management team realise that they're just as biased in the other direction, basically he's damned if he does & damned if he doesn't, just my opinion of course
baldy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 12:51   #51
Full Member+

Quote:
Go catch a ferret, S.M. is consistently poor FACT.
Go catch a Ferret. Such a churlish remark I would expect from a 5 year old, but I will not get into a childish argument, get dragged down to your level, you know the rest.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 13:16   #52

McConville seems pretty good to me.

Yonmon - ok, it can be said you make your own luck in sport. Maybe it's usually true, but my impression has been that every bloody free kick outside the box has been scored against us, been on the wrong end of sendings off, have lost countless games 1-0 against teams that have only had one attack.
I know that you can argue that's because we are defending badly, but I just don't see that we are. We could replay those games, play as we did and get a lot more points.
But yes, I accept it's just an opinion backed up by zero evidence!
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 13:26   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Go catch a Ferret. Such a churlish remark I would expect from a 5 year old, but I will not get into a childish argument, get dragged down to your level, you know the rest.
Never heard Cashy described as 'churlish' before !. This adjective which you so unkindly cast in his direction is often construed as 'one being mean-spirited and surly !'. Now if you really knew Cashman you would know him to be an extremely generous and cheerful gentleman and never the Churl that your ill- mannered outburst suggests !
Of course one could paste many criticising labels upon him, and believe me many on this forum have done just that !, but one who thoughtlessly makes churlish remarks...never !.
It also pleases me to see that you are one who is au fait with remarks passed by five-year-olds, does not get into childish arguments and does not get dragged down easily to the level of a person you are so obviously not acquainted with !.
Your final barb...'you know the rest', is really intriguing. I only wish that I knew the rest so that I could prepare my future behaviour for the task of achieving a settled and ordered life ,.
If then you happen to know 'the rest', then perhaps you might oblige us with a short dissertation on the matter !.
Like the tom-cat who ate Gorgonzola Cheese and then blew into a Mousehole...I await with
'bated breath !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 13:31   #54

I say you chaps!
We've been whinging all season about the lack of stature in our attack.
About how we need a big strong striker to bully the opposition.
Well, perhaps the answer has been staring us in the face all along.
This is my cunning plan!
Put the man mountain that is Aaron Chapman up front. At six foot eight, defenders would just bounce off him. Think of the corners he would head in without jumping. I think professor Coleman should give him the no.9 shirt in the next practise match & see what happens.
Who knows, he could become our very own Akinfenwa!
Chrisr likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 14:07   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Please yerself i really could not give a stuff.
Old 03-01-2017, 14:17   #56
Senior Member+

Quote:
Please yerself i really could not give a stuff.
See Ferret-man ! ...or perhaps you are of the opposite gender who can tell ?..

Not a churl to be seen !.
Old 03-01-2017, 14:19   #57
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I say you chaps!
We've been whinging all season about the lack of stature in our attack.
About how we need a big strong striker to bully the opposition.
Well, perhaps the answer has been staring us in the face all along.
This is my cunning plan!
Put the man mountain that is Aaron Chapman up front. At six foot eight, defenders would just bounce off him. Think of the corners he would head in without jumping. I think professor Coleman should give him the no.9 shirt in the next practise match & see what happens.
Who knows, he could become our very own Akinfenwa!
Venturing into 2017 with a pleasing bit of levity !... I love it !
Old 03-01-2017, 14:51   #58
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
McConville seems pretty good to me.

Yonmon - ok, it can be said you make your own luck in sport. Maybe it's usually true, but my impression has been that every bloody free kick outside the box has been scored against us, been on the wrong end of sendings off, have lost countless games 1-0 against teams that have only had one attack.
I know that you can argue that's because we are defending badly, but I just don't see that we are. We could replay those games, play as we did and get a lot more points.
But yes, I accept it's just an opinion backed up by zero evidence!
A case in point highlighted my thoughts about luck having any effect whatsoever during a soccer match . A fan sitting by me bemoaned the fact that Mark Hughes was so unlucky to concede the free kick which resulted in a Hartlepool goal .
But in reality Mark slipped, the ball being in close proximity to his hand struck the same, Graham Salisbury, a poor excuse for a Referee and a poser to boot, saw this and decided it was a free kick, and the rest we know.
Now this, as with every element occurring during every match was merely a chain of unfortunate events and whatever 'luck' happens to be had nothing to do with it whatsoever !.

Can I suggest that all the happenings which you describe are events of a similar nature ?..and that which we call luck be it good, bad, or indifferent is merely what we feel when an outcome
to an action or event doesn't turn out the way we expect or want it to ?.

Good luck for 2017 ! ( What am I saying ! ).

KTF.
Old 03-01-2017, 15:23   #59
Senior Member+

As I sit here in the depressingly hot Tenerife weather,I recall my and Redraines many discussions about the game,and I would have being on moaning about clean sheets!!!
Sense of perspective has ensured and I am off to the bar to reminisce our many
Discussions,great memories!!
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 15:50   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by football19 View Post
As I sit here in the depressingly hot Tenerife weather,I recall my and Redraines many discussions about the game,and I would have being on moaning about clean sheets!!!
Sense of perspective has ensured and I am off to the bar to reminisce our many
Discussions,great memories!!
I am so tempted to say "get lost " or words to that effect !...But I'll wish you the happiest of New Year's instead !....Give 'er indoors my very good wishes!....Have fun!...Keep swinging !..
Hurry back !
football19 likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..