Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2017, 21:47   #16

Re: Hatter's Match Thread

Coley's post match interviews are usuallly excellent but I think he's got it wrong today. Complaining about decisions and the like.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-10-2017, 23:41   #17
God Member

We were beat by a better side today at times it looked like men against boys they were better second ball and midfield all game 1 upfront not for me but good luck Luton you deserved it today,PS you can blame officials all day long but same for both sides we deserved nothing from the game today on to next week.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 07:50   #18
God Member

took the words out of my mouth andyd. want to win every game but at times you,ll get outplayed like yesterday and just got to take it and move on. for 90 odd mins. luton were the best div.2 side i,ve seen for years but we do not really help ourselves either. the main gripe i,ve got is the number of players they got in our box against the number we did. i know jackson was out but this billy up front on his own does not work without someone being near him all the time. we looked like the away side yesterday.
cashman and keep the faith like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 08:22   #19
Full Member+

After watching a poor display in the first half at least you get to then queue 15 mins for beer in the rain for a beer, even though the queues are not actually that long.

The Luton crowds seem to get smaller each time, I can see the same happening if we play them next year.

Good to see turnstile staff showing discretion

Last edited by Mr T; 08-10-2017 at 10:59. Reason: needs checking out
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:16   #20
God Member

To be honest I thought Coley got it pretty much spot on in his interview, Luton were quicker than us especially in the first half but were also much more physical than us - the ref never really had a grip on the game, couldn't clearly see the incident with Hughes in the first half but whatever happened he failed to deal with it properly & from that point handed Luton licence to do whatever they wanted & they took full advantage of that as most teams would.
The subs didn't really help matters, McCleod was lively & probably the best of the three but unless Sean & Jordan were injured I don't get why they were brought off tbh.
Hopefully yesterday was just a blip & we'll get it right & be back to winning ways next Saturday
choirboy likes this.
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 10:26   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

If we play 1 upfront against Coventry,we got little chance of 3 pts, imho.
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 15:41   #22
God Member

Have they found somewhere new to hide it on the Fishy site, or is there a reason why Professor Coleman's post-match comments don't appear as quickly as they used to?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 18:37   #23
God Member

Smile Re: Hatter's Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Lets just hope hes a decent Ref.

AccyMad and cashman like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 20:12   #24

Accymad - Hughes feigned a head butt, pure and simple. All hell then broke loose and to be quite honest I thought the ref dealt with it superbly. Took his time and let the players cool down, consulted all the other officials before delivering a compromise punishment that let the game continue with less recriminations.

Sadly, he didn't have eyes in the back of his head so was never going to be able to know the full detail of what had actually happened.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2017, 20:52   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

To me Hughesy dropped like a sack of King Edwards, penalty my arse.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 08-10-2017, 22:05   #26

Just seen goal rush on channel 5 on catch up. Have to say two decisions I thought where iffy where correct decisions (Hughes incident and penalty). Shame we get 1600 home fans but can't help entice them back with a winning performance. Luton away support will continue to drop as there fans will have ticked of our ground as visited and some will think of the soaking they get and not be keen to come back.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk
chevyfire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 09:13   #27
God Member

[QUOTE=chevyfire;1202684]. Luton away support will continue to drop as there fans will have ticked of our ground as visited and some will think of the soaking they get and not be keen to come back

why would anyone in their right mind leave somewhere like luton on a saturday for a day up north.
AccyMad likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 11:06   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

why would anyone in their right mind leave somewhere like luton on a saturday for a day up north.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:13   #29
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1202688]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
. Luton away support will continue to drop as there fans will have ticked of our ground as visited and some will think of the soaking they get and not be keen to come back

Some Luton fans we were talking to afterwards in the Crown were staying for the weekend - says it all
AccyMad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 17:59   #30

Hi there, thought I would visit your forum, on the back of Saturdays game, yes I’m a Luton fan who was at the game ( and got wet!)... not here to cause trouble or even gloat , on what I regarded as a very good away win for us......but I have just listened to your managers view of the match.......is he for real?....I have no idea what he was going on about.... to quote “ I thought we were playing against 2 goalkeepers”.....and also “ my players don’t dive” .......pardon? What the hell was your player up to with that fall to the ground holding his head, which was a clear attempt to get our player sent off.........Is Coleman always like this?.......would expect it from someone like Evans or Ainsworth..... just felt it was worth popping on here for your views......anyway good day out, always like Accrington.....and good luck for the rest of the season ( sort of )....
Hatterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..