Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree33Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-10-2017, 18:42   #31
Senior Member+

Re: Hatter's Match Thread

They came for the lovely weather 'Up North!'
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-10-2017, 20:41   #32
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
We were beat by a better side today at times it looked like men against boys they were better second ball and midfield all game 1 upfront not for me but good luck Luton you deserved it today,PS you can blame officials all day long but same for both sides we deserved nothing from the game today on to next week.
Don't think it was quite the same for both sides take a look at page 22 telegraph, don't remember any of our players trying to knee one of theirs whilst holding them in a headlock.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 21:17   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
Don't think it was quite the same for both sides take a look at page 22 telegraph, don't remember any of our players trying to knee one of theirs whilst holding them in a headlock.
That,s my point men against boys in football sometimes you have to bully your way to a win if you think we are going to win this league with pretty football think again not nice to watch but it,s a part of our game I don,t think we are very good at their 1st goal is an example of this Clarke was just pushed off the ball by their very slightly built left back and he had all the room in the world for the cross that resulted in the goal, I like the good football we play at times but we will need to adapt at times to the nasty stuff and if a referee let,s you get away with it you carry on.
chevyfire and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:18   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
I like the good football we play at times but we will need to adapt at times to the nasty stuff and if a referee let,s you get away with it you carry on.
don,t think luton were really that OTT with the physical stuff and there have been plenty worse sides that have come to the crown in the last few years. got to agree however that we need to match these sides in the nasty department which we seem reluctant to do. in the words of the ex derby and coventry manager harry storer,, no player likes being kicked but some dislike it more than others.
chevyfire likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 09:21   #35
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To me Hughesy dropped like a sack of King Edwards, penalty my arse.
I am sure you will put me right if I am wrong but along with the commentator on 5 live did you think that Hughesy was after a pen in our own pen box.
Old 10-10-2017, 09:27   #36
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
I am sure you will put me right if I am wrong but along with the commentator on 5 live did you think that Hughesy was after a pen in our own pen box.
No yeh aint wrong, tis me, but he still dropped and coulda earned an Oscar fer it, in fact ive seen some sent off fer faking.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:23   #37
Full Member+

[QUOTE=cashman;1202717]No yeh aint wrong, tis me, but he still dropped and coulda earned an Oscar fer it, in fact ive seen some sent off fer faking.[/

Glad the Ref didn't send faker's off could have finished with 8 men
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
Old 10-10-2017, 11:35   #38
Full Member+

Luton radio said Stanley were denied a penalty
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 16:44   #39
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeny View Post
Luton radio said Stanley were denied a penalty
That's par for the course Greeny

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..