Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2005, 14:08   #16

Re: Have you woken up yet?

I would advice the aptly named DrBull (should be DrBull----) to ask the Antiques Roadshow to have a look at Edgar Street. It's old enough. Trouble is they'd value it at nowt! No wonder there's an exodus of players - it's Barrow-on-Wales. And don't worry about promotion....you're just where you should be - non league! You're a natural non-league team who happened to get lucky and join the football league for a few seasons. The very opposite of Stanley in fact. We intend to regain our natural place in the football league which the like of you imposters have been keeping warm for far too long already.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2005, 17:33   #17
Junior Member+

I just love well informed, intelligent football fans. I'd like to thank you for bringing to light this exodus of players that you mention, I must have missed it. I quite like how you all think that you are some sort of amazing club that is destined for great things, where on earth does this misguided blind faith come from? Like Swansea are the best Welsh team! Charisma!? Ill have to remember that one when I am next in a pub with an away fan, "my clubs better than yours, its got more charisma"
DrBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 17:36   #18
Junior Member+

Will have to see how brave you feel with your infatuation of Wales on July 16th I hear the Soul Crew love it when people have a go at their nationality
Old 16-06-2005, 18:02   #19
Junior Member+

Hang on a minute trough we were a league club for over 25 years, where as you have never been a league club, so how would this make stanley a natural league club and hereford a natural non league one?
Old 16-06-2005, 18:57   #20
Junior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrBull
Hang on a minute trough we were a league club for over 25 years, where as you have never been a league club, so how would this make stanley a natural league club and hereford a natural non league one?
I think if you check your football history, you will find that Accrington Stanley were in the Football League for 41 years ( from 1921 to 1962 ) and also that the original Accrington FC were in actual fact one of the 12 founder members of the Football league.

Just thought you might be interested....
redgps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 19:16   #21
Senior Member+

i see another idiot has registered to this board...I thought we were lucky enough to have that ricardo guy
Old 16-06-2005, 19:48   #22
Junior Member+

ummm I thought that the club that you now support was founded in '62 after the old one went under!?
Old 16-06-2005, 19:55   #23
Junior Member+

sorry i correct myself, "The present Accrington Stanley Football Club was formed in 1968" or so your official site says??
Old 16-06-2005, 20:29   #24
Junior Member+

Your post referred that Stanley were never a league club..

The club is still Accrington Stanley, we still play in Accrington, I've supported them through thick and thin since 1953 when they were a league club, lets just leave it at that.
redgps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2005, 20:42   #25
Junior Member+

Thats fine by me
Old 16-06-2005, 21:11   #26
God Member

look mate why dont you face it we are both clubs in the same league around the same size and also around the same quality of squad give or take a few, we are both looking to get into the league but the majour difference between the two clubs is that we are growing and developing our faciltities and team whilst yours is deteirating at least that is wat is shown by the state of edgar street.

The thing you and many other people in this league are finding impossible to deal with are that accrington stanley the small joke of a club which helped form the league are now heading back to the football league and are on a par with your "great" club and that just *****s you off but trust us you should get used to it quickly because we are not stopping around for long onwards and upwards
Old 16-06-2005, 21:22   #27
Junior Member+

I have no doubt of you been a not bad conference team, but the delusions of grandeur are the bizarre bit.
Old 17-06-2005, 00:17   #28
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

1 question for drbull are you tealeaf in disguise? lol
Old 17-06-2005, 11:22   #29

Excuse me but why are you on our website being ever so cocky from your little dump. Do you have nothing better to do in your inbred town but to go on to other websites and be abusive just because you got walked over in the play offs. Before you say anything I'm not jelous of your posistion or your team, as stanley are going about things correctly looking and building to the future and getting better every week. As stanley fans we know to focus ourselves on our team and the clubs needs why dont you spend time focusing on yours or do they bore you like they bore us? Just one final Question how are you on the internet I thought you where crying out for it last time we where there? are you sending by carrier pidgeon to a friend in England!!!!
flying red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2005, 11:39   #30
Junior Member+

How very intuitive of you 'red', in fact we use gerbils running through the victorian sewer system to deliver the messages. I came on your website just to poke fun, but we can see how you all like that dont we, its almost like touching a raw nerve The reason been that we have been laughing at your one thread http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/t...r-stanley.html and I personally found some amusement at your levels of a) hatred b) self loving. I am in no doubt you are a useful side and a very charismatic club! But you a small club thats working its way up and there will obviously be a limit to your rise, as yet you have not proven yourself to be in the best couple of teams in the conference, and so you seem to have rather large heads about where your club is going. I base my confidence in my clubs next season on the last 2 seasons form and the fact that the squad is currently looking better than those seasons, and the stability that the club is now seeing. Our ground isn't aesthetically pleasing but we like it, it adds charisma! The worst bit about the ground is the away fans terrace, unfortunately for the away fans! I would perefer it as is, but upgraded rather than pulled down to create a synthetic, atmosphere challenging brand new all seater. Not too sure the play offs were a walkover, and no I am not bitter in the slightest, if I was surely I would aim that bitterness to 'boro. I don't think a post poking fun and ending with a smiley shows bitterness, but would suggest maybe that all the replies that have obviously taken so much careful thought and wittingly suggest we are 'inbred, welsh' etc are from the more bitter fans!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..