Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-04-2005, 11:11   #16

Re: Hereford FC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo
As for the extra £1 for us being in the top 5, that is our pricing policy, so like it or lump it. We don't care what you do or don't charge when you briefly hit the dizzy heights of 2nd, and we're not going to change it just for you. Why should we?
Sorry I thought you said that was the Conference policy. So you admit its a club policy? So you ARE ripping people off which is exactly the point big al was trying to make....

Jimbo T blower

Born and Bred in Accrington - You cant BUY class

"We invented the big time now we're back in the big time" ( Loweiy circa 2006 )

AND THATS WHERE WE'RE STAYIN!!!!
Jimbo T Hornblower is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 24-04-2005, 11:20   #17
Junior Member+

Of course it's club policy!

Why are we ripping people off?

Home and away are charged the same, so whats your problem? We are aware of this at the start of the season, as we have for the last 2 seasons.
Ricardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 12:46   #18

Neither are you for all your pompous talk. The banner was put up for a laugh & held up by the same kids your admin bods ripped off. Shame it took four burly stewards to snatch it off children. A simple please put that down by one steward would have been respected but they had to turn into snivelling bullies. As I said , the excuse of inciting racism would not hold water in court because it is regarded as a black/white issue. Maybe the anti racism bands haven't reached your backwater yet but for future information they are white & black intertwined bands. Or maybe you dont wear them cos your stewards may see them as an incitement.
Who said anything about the club charging £80? Seems you can only read what pleases you & it that is not bias, what is? Unfortunately we will be meeting next season cos you won't be going up on yesterdays performance. Unless you continue to be so far up your own backsides as to play in your own personal league on your own, without other teams who under league/conf rules have to play home & away. Try spending the summer break taking chill pills & a full course on civility. UK laws & citizenship guarantee the right to freedom of speech whether vocal or written. Were Welsh people not present yesterday? Simple comment, but it seems the twist has been put on it by your own people to take a simple comment & make it offensive. By your own actions judge yourselves!
Sorry Bazf, we were told on our coach the driver had been fined. Funny how we never or rarely see police presence at the Interlink. Wonder if it is their own fans they are frightened of!
Old 24-04-2005, 13:04   #19
Junior Member+

1. " Who said anything about the club charging £80?"

I said the £80 was nothing to do with the club. My point being it isn't the clubs fault.

2. "UK laws & citizenship guarantee the right to freedom of speech whether vocal or written"

You're joking right?

You try taking the club to court over restricting your right to "freedom of speech" by us not letting you display your banner. You'd be laughed out of town (and court). The very suggestion that you have the right to display any banner is frankly laughable.

3. "As I said , the excuse of inciting racism would not hold water in court because it is regarded as a black/white issue."

Again, this is laughable.

4. "Were Welsh people not present yesterday?"

For starters, I'm part Welsh myself.

5. "simple comment, but it seems the twist has been put on it by your own people to take a simple comment & make it offensive. By your own actions judge yourselves!"

Look, I don't mind being called Welsh, but the whole point of the banner was to wind the home crowd up. I personally don't mind, but it is perfectly reasonable for the stewards to refuse.

6. "Maybe the anti racism bands haven't reached your backwater yet but for future information they are white & black intertwined bands."

Your point being?
Old 24-04-2005, 19:48   #20

By your own admission there were Welsh people there. Explain no problem> First one of the kids stood with me is part Welsh like you, two, Gary Roberts who plays 21 for the Stanley is from Welshpool. So who is the bigot?
The fact is only you lot saw any antagonism in that banner, so by your own mouth you judge yourselves, if the cap fits etc. Don't think I need to go on as you have proven Hereford fans like yourself are self inflicting bigots.
Again I clearly said the police, not the club had apparently threatened one of our coach drivers with a fine, simply cos some of the fans wanted to spend some money in your shops. Now I work for myself & it is b****y hard work to earn a living as such, so I personally would take great exception at such a cack handed approach from the people my hard earned taxes pay for, especially at depriving a local the right to earn a living. I suppose Hereford is not particularly regarded as a tourist spot, sorry you do have a tourism office for the area? I am not overly convinced from my first visit to your town to come back of my own free will.
Laws are made to be upheld & there are simple methods of dealing with a situation to prevent escalation & matters getting out of hand. Your stewards were bullies in their handling of the situation, they even pushed & manhadled some of those kids rather that simply ask to remove the banner. Placing one hand on a person withour their consent is assault, whick they would learn by taking an NVQ course as all our stewards have done. Oh, my experience, I have only stewarded at places like Bolton, Man City, Oldham, Hillsborough .....
You are the ones taking issue over a simple banner & reading more into it than there is. No different to you coming up here next season & putting a banner up "WE SEE LANCASHIRE PEOPLE". Some of our visitors put a banner up on Tues nights game accusing Rory of diving. Big deal, we even posted a photo on our site so more could have a laugh. By the way, our stewards did not remove it although it could have been taken in poor light. Still the further North you travel the better a sense of humour you will find.
Anti racism between Welsh & English? Who is that goes into native tongue when they hear English people visiting Wales cos we English don't speak Welsh? Similar to when we walk into an Asian shop...ring a bell. Just one final thing Ricardo. Yacky Da!
Old 24-04-2005, 20:14   #21
Junior Member+

Look, I don't have a problem with the banner personally, but it is perfectly reasonable for the stewards to refuse.

"Anti racism between Welsh & English? Who is that goes into native tongue when they hear English people visiting Wales cos we English don't speak Welsh? Similar to when we walk into an Asian shop."

WTF?

"I suppose Hereford is not particularly regarded as a tourist spot, sorry you do have a tourism office for the area?"

What, like Accrington you mean? No offence, but I'd rather take my two weeks in Fallujah than Accrington.

" Again I clearly said the police, not the club had apparently threatened one of our coach drivers with a fine"

Yes, I understood that the first time. So why are you going on at us about it?
Old 24-04-2005, 20:43   #22

[QUOTE=Ricardo]1. " Who said anything about the club charging £80?"

I said the £80 was nothing to do with the club. My point being it isn't the clubs fault.

Try going back & reading your own comments. Me thinks you may have the problem of having the memory span of a goldfish. We have had our gripe here at Accy, you have proven our point in your comments, Unfortunately arrogance does not become you & I don't hold grudges against all Hereford fans cos quite a number of them said hello as we were walking round to the supporters end. Can't comment for the end of the game as stated your bobbies didn't seem to want us lingering. Possibly they did not want any of that good Hereford hospitality rubbing off on us to bring back North. Think the post has reached an end cos you r getting boring now Ricardo! When you visit us next season make yourself known to us & I will personally show you some Northern hospitality with a pint of your choice in our clubhouse. Can't end on a fairer note than that.
Old 24-04-2005, 21:01   #23

Wink Re: Hereford FC

Definately getting boring now - all Ricardos arguments end in a very constructive "WTF" - very clever indeed...

Jimbo T blower

Old 24-04-2005, 21:11   #24

self inflicting bigots

What does this mean, can i have a definition please?

The £80 thing. It was nothing to do with the club so why not mention it in another thread entitled 'the police in hereford'. This would be far more apt.

We charge the same for home and away fans. Fact. The £1 surcharge is not ripping fans off, it is a marginal increase, which inturn proportionally increases the gate revenue. This is done in order to pay any increased overheads caused by larger attendances due to the clubs sucess (such as safety, extra staffing, more players to help clubs progress etc). This is a simple economic principle, fairly prudent, and shows how we have traded ourselves out of a cva and large debts, made a running profit last season, and have money to develop the club for everyones benefit (we will then be able to repair the stand behind the goal so that it is again useable for away fans, as its currently not suitable for large attendances).

Now onto the matter of your banner. The clubs has unfortunately had a history of violent incidents with other border teams. If you understand our local culture, you will understand that we are very offended by being called welsh. This is not just biggotry, but it is a view point forged many centuries ago during turbulent periods of war and chaos which saw many of our relatives murdered raped and assaulted. We have always been a loyal english stronghold and as such the welsh thing is an insult. This is similiar to the way in which a northern irish man is insulted if called a 'fenian', even though it is celtic for 'brave irish warrior'. If you cannot at least understand this, an see how such a banner is inflamatory, then to be frank i don't have a clue how you could have stewarded at the venues you claim to have worked at.
lemmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 21:47   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
You are the ones taking issue over a simple banner & reading more into it than there is. No different to you coming up here next season & putting a banner up "WE SEE LANCASHIRE PEOPLE".
Come on. You're being somewhat disingenuous now. Accrington is in Lancashire. Hereford is not in Wales. If you genuinely believe there is nothing in the banner that the stewards might consider potentially inflammatory, then what purpose does the banner actually serve? It may be factually correct that you could see Welsh people - Ricardo's presence half qualifies for example, but why point it out if not as a wind up?

For the record, I found it amusing (if a little unoriginal), but I can understand the stewards reasons for having it taken down (especially on St George's Day). If you feel their actions were unjustified or over the top, a complaint to the club may be in order.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your trip to Herefordshire. Maybe (if we're still in the Conference) next time will be different. I wish Stanley well for next season.
Schmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2005, 22:03   #26
Junior Member+

"I will personally show you some Northern hospitality with a pint of your choice in our clubhouse. Can't end on a fairer note than that."

Well if I make it to Accrington next season (I hope I won't have to), I'll hold you to it.

Don't expect me to holiday there though!
Old 24-04-2005, 22:05   #27

i waz holding the banner and my m8s were and we were pushed away from it and how waz the banner going to start a fight my m8 is welsh and he was there and we were telling the truth in the crowd we saw welsh people so theres nothing wrong with it and how is our hopitality bad up here in accrington after we have just been given an award on the best away ground in non league football based on hospitality and steward and facilities
Old 24-04-2005, 22:27   #28

Surely the whole point of the banner was that it was a laugh?? We all KNOW you are in England and are proud to be English but that was the whole point of the banner - its factually incorrect!! (To a certain degree) You didnt see too many Carlisle fans complain about the swimming pool banner yet the Accy fans seemed to get the same treatment from the stewards up there about that. Its harmless fun and thats all its intended to be... St Georges Day?? Surely thats argument has a flaw because if you are going to be soooo pedantic and factual about this whooooole banner thing, as you stated yourself, you are in England so wouldnt you be celebrating it with us??

To be honest, I just think some of our lot are a little upset with the unnecessary heavy handedness that arose from something that was simply meant to be a laugh... Not our fault you Welsh cant tek a joke is it??

Jimbo T blower

Last edited by Jimbo T Hornblower; 24-04-2005 at 22:28.
Old 24-04-2005, 22:33   #29

Some of the most funny commedians outside of Ireland are from the North West. Seems the sense of humour tails off the further south you go. By the way we do not have the reputation of Carlisle fans, we know who you meant by other clubs! But even they saw the joke with our banner of Carlisle baths & we got loads of karma back taking it in the fun intended. Our officials encountered a great deal of hostility in communication with your club officials throughout the week which does little to endear you as fans. We are not a club renown for causing trouble, rather that of having a laugh & leaving the aggro to the players on the pitch, (other that the person-see, politically correct-in black in the middle who quite often deserve some flack).
As I said before, Ricardo, as long as you are 18 or over, musn't break the law in either county should we, a pint is yours next season, better for both clubs to let Carlisle go up & remove some of the aggro from the conf, when you make yourself known. Just post on this site during the week before & I will honour our gentlemans agreement. Ain't buying your chief steward or chairman one though.lol
Old 24-04-2005, 23:01   #30
God Member

Phew, I'm knackered after reading that thread!!!! I do agree the stewards were rather heavy handed when it came to taking the banner, and smile, not sure they know how to?????

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..