Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree38Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2014, 21:31   #1

Home game v Morecambe

Hi, I'm a Swansea fan and I'm in Liverpool for our game against Everton on 1/11/14. My wife, 11 year old son and I will be travelling up to your game the night before. Which is the best part of the ground for families and is it best to buy tickets before hand or on the night? Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?
Swansea Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-10-2014, 21:39   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Home game v Morecambe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swansea Jack View Post
Hi, I'm a Swansea fan and I'm in Liverpool for our game against Everton on 1/11/14. My wife, 11 year old son and I will be travelling up to your game the night before. Which is the best part of the ground for families and is it best to buy tickets before hand or on the night? Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?
I think our famous Mr T will answer all your points
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2014, 22:27   #3

Hello Swansea Jack,

Our Jack Barrett Memorial Stand is our recognised family stand but if you wish to experience something different I certainly would suggest the Sophia Khan Stand (Clayton End) . This is a half standing and half seating stand which give you the choice.

Tickets are just pay on the turnstile on the night and if you wish to park there is a small charge on the local Accrington Amateurs pitches next to the ground on Livingstone Road.

Home you enjoy your visit and feel free to nip into our club store and make yourself know to any member of staff I'm sure they will make you feel extremely welcome.
Old 21-10-2014, 18:53   #4

Is the Sophia khan stand the home of the Stanley ultras. If so we may go in there. Sad, but true, my son has never stood on a terrace to watch a match and after driving from South Wales I'll probably feel like stretching my legs. When my son goes to football training he loves wearing football gear nobody else wears (his wardrobe is full of kit from obscure Icelandic and danish teams etc)......so a trip to the club shop is a must. As it's a derby game so I'm looking forward to it even more. Cheers and "up the Stanley".
Outback Ozzy likes this.
Old 21-10-2014, 21:44   #5

Under 12s are free if in Halloween fancy dress for the morecambe match.
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 21:49   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
Under 12s are free if in Halloween fancy dress for the morecambe match.
Only under 12's? And there was I busy planning my fancy dress costume - not gonna bother now
Red-Osbornello likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-10-2014, 22:29   #7
Junior Member+

Quote:
When my son goes to football training he loves wearing football gear nobody else wears, so a trip to the club shop is a must.

Old 22-10-2014, 05:14   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpster View Post
Get a life can,t wait to play your horrible hostile club and fans and take 3 points.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 06:17   #9
God Member

Quote:
Also, what's parking like - is there street parking?
As someone said, you can pay to park but there is street parking around the ground. Hope you enjoy your visit, Swansea Jack.
Exile on Spencer St is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 07:52   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrimpster View Post
Laugh all you want mate, question is how many kids will be seen around Swansea wearing a Morecambe shirt - answer, 1 less than will be seen wearing a Stanley one
sparkie, Redash and DaveinGermany like this.
Old 22-10-2014, 08:02   #11

It's that grim, even Eric Morecambe's statue tried to escape the other week.
sparkie, Redraine, Redash and 2 others like this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 09:16   #12
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smobile View Post
It's that grim, even Eric Morecambe's statue tried to escape the other week.

Foot loose and fancy free !!
sparkie likes this.
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 12:19   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Laugh all you want mate, question is how many kids will be seen around Swansea wearing a Morecambe shirt - answer, 1 less than will be seen wearing a Stanley one
I wasn't being disrespectful. There'd simply be no reason for any child to have anything other than swansea shirts (with the exception of the odd barca, Madrid or Man utd chucked in). There will now be an accrington Stanley shirt at his training.....and certainly nothing with morecambe on it.
Old 22-10-2014, 12:35   #14

Quote:
I wasn't being disrespectful. There'd simply be no reason for any child to have anything other than swansea shirts (with the exception of the odd barca, Madrid or Man utd chucked in). There will now be an accrington Stanley shirt at his training.....and certainly nothing with morecambe on it.
I'm sure no one took it that way. I'd guess it was aimed at the Morecambe fan.

It may be worthwhile checking the shop have one his size to avoid disappointment.
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2014, 15:15   #15
God Member

Quote:
I certainly didn't think you were being disrespectful, the jibe was definitely aimed at the Morecambe fan who thought that your comment was hilarious - we'll see who's laughing a week on Friday when we take the first installment of our guaranteed 6 points from the Shrimps.
Hope you & your son enjoy the game, should be a cracking atmosphere.
Kiwi John likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..