Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-03-2016, 21:59   #31
Senior Member+

Re: How many points will get us in play-offs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Remaining fixtures of main rivals :
Oxford : A-Crawley H-Luton A-Newport H-H'pool A-Carlisle H-Wycombe

Bristol R: H-Crawley A-N'pton H-YeovA-Stev'ge H-Exetr A-York H-Daggers

Plymouth: A-Exetr H-W'don A-Pompey A-Orient H-Daggs A-Cambs H-Hpool

Portsmouth: H-Carlisle A-Daggs H-Plymth A-York H-WycW A-Hpool H-N'ton & A-Wimbledon

So roll up your sleeves Stanley 'cos runners up defo on
Seems like the resurgent Hartlepool can have a big say on who gets to the auto promotion and who gets into the play offs. They have to play 4 out of the 5 teams from 2nd down to 6th including us. Should be an interesting ride for Stanley fans.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-04-2016, 00:10   #32
Senior Member+

My guess-
1-Northampton 92 pts
2-Oxford 87 pts
3-Bristol 84 pts
4-Stanley 83 pts
5-Plymouth 80 pts
6-Portsmouth 80 pts
7-Wycombe & Leyton Orient both 72 pts

So third is def. doable with a bit of luck and lots of heart.
ossy kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:32   #33
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Reckon it would be very ironic,if we needed a result from our last match against Satanage for automatic promotion. Looking at the other fixtures, i reckon we are defo in play-offs now?
monkey hanger likes this.

Last edited by cashman; 11-04-2016 at 12:37. Reason: other thought.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 12:55   #34
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
...As for the stars, I hope you're right, Mab, but is it the Voodoo Gods of Football who picked the opponents for Stanley's final game....?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Reckon it would be very ironic,if we needed a result from our last match against Satanage for automatic promotion.

Cashy, poke not the Voodoo Gods of Football!
AccyMad and Red-Osbornello like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 13:04   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post

Cashy, poke not the Voodoo Gods of Football!
I would love to poke them horrible gits.
Old 11-04-2016, 14:42   #36
Senior Member+

The current answer to the original question is 78 ... for absolute certainty. 76 unless Wycombe and Exeter both win their last 5 games.
Old 11-04-2016, 14:49   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Exeter have Nhants n Bristol R. to play, Wycombe got Pompey,Oxford n Stanley so they are most unlikely to win em all imho. wimbledon got Pompey n Leyton O, Pompey got a nightmare run in.

Last edited by cashman; 11-04-2016 at 14:51.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 16:40   #38
Senior Member+

Stanley - Morecambe, Hartlepool, York, Wycombe, Stevenage.

Bristol Rovers - Yeovil, Stevenage, Exeter, York, Dagenham.

Plymouth - Portsmouth, Leyton Orient, Dagenham, Cambridge, Hartlepool

Portsmouth - Plymouth, York, Wycombe, Wimbledon, Hartlepool, Northampton.
Old 11-04-2016, 21:17   #39

Oxford's last 2 at least don't look to be guaranteed max points & Bristol have two nearish derbies amid their easier looking run in. We haven't been trashing teams like those two but I'm reminded of the tortoise / hare outcome. Gonna be tight I think and apart from hoping to be at Wycombe, I'm saving my pension for either a trip 'home' (if a win agin Stevenage would see us promoted) or a visit to Wembly. Just ordered my mugshot from Tony (Kipax) of that day at Woking - d'ya sense I'm getting excited ?
Outback Ozzy likes this.
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2016, 21:26   #40
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Oxford's last 2 at least don't look to be guaranteed max points & Bristol have two nearish derbies amid their easier looking run in. We haven't been trashing teams like those two but I'm reminded of the tortoise / hare outcome. Gonna be tight I think and apart from hoping to be at Wycombe, I'm saving my pension for either a trip 'home' (if a win agin Stevenage would see us promoted) or a visit to Wembly. Just ordered my mugshot from Tony (Kipax) of that day at Woking - d'ya sense I'm getting excited ?
I'm thinking similarly. But however handy it is, what I really don't want is a playoff semi-final at Fratton
Old 11-04-2016, 22:57   #41
Senior Member+

Time to close this thread Moderator! Or alternatively rename to how many points to automatic promotion!
The way I see it is we will finish with 85 points, Bristol Rovers will finish with 81 points, Plymouth and Portsmouth could be discounted as their run ins are horrendous and as Pompey have to play both Plymouth and Northampton I cannot see either team getting more than 80 points maximum. It all depends on Oxford and how they finish as to whether we are 2nd or 3rd.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 06:33   #42
God Member

I like you're thinking Ozzy - I'm still not brave enough to think the 'P' word never mind say it out loud but am getting up the nerve to peek over the parapet & think maybe, just maybe it could be our year
Outback Ozzy likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:14   #43
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
Time to close this thread Moderator! Or alternatively rename to how many points to automatic promotion!
The way I see it is we will finish with 85 points, Bristol Rovers will finish with 81 points, Plymouth and Portsmouth could be discounted as their run ins are horrendous and as Pompey have to play both Plymouth and Northampton I cannot see either team getting more than 80 points maximum. It all depends on Oxford and how they finish as to whether we are 2nd or 3rd.
What was that little proverb about not counting chickens??
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 08:33   #44
Senior Member+

I'm struggling to see where Brizzle are likely to drop any points, let alone 6. Yes they will probably have a blip somewhere along the way, but then you have to expect so will everybody else .... ooh me fingernails
Old 12-04-2016, 08:34   #45
Senior Member+

Trying not to be too confident but a few stats...We've scored in every home game this season and conceded 1 goal in our last 5 games!

Morecambe haven't kept a clean sheet since 2 January, 18 games ago!

Whatever you do just make sure you drag everyone you know up to The Wham Stadium on Saturday afternoon!
monkey hanger likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..