Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-03-2016, 14:10   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How many points will get us in play-offs?

What yeh reckon? last season 71 pts did it i think, think it will be more this time? I think at least 76 should do it? Which means another 4 wins in last 9 games, if so thats well do-able? i aint ruled automatics out, but wherever we finish it will have been n amazing season.
chevyfire likes this.
Old 21-03-2016, 14:49   #2

Re: How many points will get us in play-offs?

I agree cashy, Win half games so 4 or 5 will for me guarentee play offs. either 76 or 79 points.

For automatics we need to win 6-8 games which with this group of players is not beyond the realms of possibility.

Looking on last few seasons Between 82-85 will do for automatics

ON STANLEY ON
cashman likes this.
Old 21-03-2016, 14:55   #3

Why do you want promotion?If you are realistic you know that we havent got the big enough fan base to be successful in that league. Better still to stay where we are and continue to have the most amazing seasons we have all enjoyed.
Jim Procter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 14:58   #4

FAN BASE will remain, quality of squad has no correlation.

WE'RE GOING UP!
Old 21-03-2016, 15:00   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Why do you want promotion?If you are realistic you know that we havent got the big enough fan base to be successful in that league. Better still to stay where we are and continue to have the most amazing seasons we have all enjoyed.
Thats a daft comment, to create history simple as. most dont expect promotion given our resources, but enjoy the ride what happens happens,
DAV007, AsFc62 and monkey hanger like this.
Old 21-03-2016, 15:35   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Procter View Post
Realistic? We're Stanley fans - we stopped being realistic the minute Paul Mullin won us promotion to the league at Woking! No-one gave us a cat in hells chance of staying & yet, here we are 10 years on & still enjoying the ride
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 15:49   #7
Senior Member+

Would Accrington Stanley get a decent payment for going up a league as they do in the Championship.
Old 21-03-2016, 15:59   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
Would Accrington Stanley get a decent payment for going up a league as they do in the Championship.
As far as i know yeh, not as much obviously but think it increases. plus all payments increase next season whatever i believe.
Gremlin likes this.
Old 21-03-2016, 16:42   #9
God Member

I think. 3rd place is now between us Bristol and Plymouth 81 points would mean Pompey having to win 7 out of 9 games left with 5 winnable home games for us it,s in our own hands now playoffs I think 76 points will be enough but let,s get in that top 3 let,s get behind the team now and cheer them over the line.
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 17:16   #10
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Wycombe away it's written in the stars... remember Woking!!!
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 21-03-2016, 17:41   #11
God Member

Last three seasons have required 71-71-69 points to make seventh spot, and 85-81-78 for third place. Very competitive season with several teams still fighting for promotion might suggest it may be fewer points than last year?

As for the stars, I hope you're right, Mab, but is it the Voodoo Gods of Football who picked the opponents for Stanley's final game....?
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 19:12   #12
Full Member+

73/74 is projected for 7th and 81 for 3rd.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 19:19   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewbacca View Post
73/74 is projected for 7th and 81 for 3rd.
That would be great. Bristol Rovers n Plymouth on paper have tough run ins,so owts possible.
Old 21-03-2016, 20:40   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
That would be great. Bristol Rovers n Plymouth on paper have tough run ins,so owts possible.
Have another look at Bristol's run in its by far and away the easiest of the three. They must have had a bit of jam to win 5 on the bounce so hopefully they will have used their luck up.

I guess all we can do is take it game by game now and try and win every one. Simple.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2016, 21:04   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Morse View Post
Have another look at Bristol's run in its by far and away the easiest of the three.
matter of opinion away to Carlilse n Northants are 2 bitches in my view.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..