Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-03-2013, 10:39   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

How Many Points Will We Need?

To ensure Div2 Football next season? My guess looking at the fixtures would be 48, If thats correct then another 5 pts from last 7 games should do it.
Old 20-03-2013, 10:52   #2

Re: How Many Points Will We Need?

I would think 50+ but if we could come away on Saturday with at least a point and results around us go as you would expect for once, yer probably not far of the mark Cashy.
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 10:57   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Think last season twas 45 the cut off point? But this is the tightest Div2 i can remember, certainly since Stanley came back, a few of those now in the mix were in play off positions or just under, earlier in season.
Old 20-03-2013, 11:12   #4
Full Member+

64 will do for me....meaning we win the last seven !!! That way no danger of getting relegated !!!

Realistically, I think we'll need 52 or even 53 to get safe.

Too many sides at the bottom getting results at the moment. Was gutted to walk out of the ground last night, to hear that yet again all results had gone against us.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 11:25   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpon View Post
64 will do for me....meaning we win the last seven !!! That way no danger of getting relegated !!!

Realistically, I think we'll need 52 or even 53 to get safe.

Too many sides at the bottom getting results at the moment. Was gutted to walk out of the ground last night, to hear that yet again all results had gone against us.
Oh i will settle fer 64. I wasn't pleased wi last nights other results, but not gutted, The fact that its in our own hands is fine wi me. I am convinced we are good enough, The thing we have lacked this season imho is consistency (Big Time) If we perform as i know we can,until end of term then safety will be assured.
Old 20-03-2013, 11:34   #6
Full Member+

I suppose the fact that other sides keep picking up points is working in Leam's favour..as in we can't afford to take our foot off the gas in the sprint for safety.

I'd agree, the football we played at times last night ( and in parts on Saturday against Barnet) wouldn't look out of place for a side at the right end of League 2!!!

Just hope that the confidence that back to back wins should bring, steels them for the game on Saturday. If we carry on playing in the same vein, then there's no reason why we cant come back with a good result !!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:20   #7

I also reckon it will be nearer to the 50 mark.

Teams at the bottom are picking up points, but looking at some of their remaining fixtures, they will be taking points off each other.

Games against other bottom 9 sides -

Barnet have home game against Dagenham & away games at Afc Wimbledon & Torquay

York have away games at Torquay & Dagenham, Home games against Plymouth & Accrington

Aldershot have home game against Dagenham & an away game against Rochdale

AFC Wimbledon have a home game against Barnet & away game at Bristol Rovers

Torquay have home games against York, Barnet & Bristol Rovers

Accrington have away games at York & Bristol Rovers

Plymouth have an away games at York & Rochdale

Last edited by smobile; 20-03-2013 at 12:23.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:29   #8

A team with 50 points has not been relegated going back to 1994, couldn't be arsed going any further back

But history is not going to keep us up even if we get to 50, we need other teams to start dropping points.
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 12:32   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
A team with 50 points has not been relegated going back to 1994, couldn't be arsed going any further back

But history is not going to keep us up even if we get to 50, we need other teams to start dropping points.
If yeh read smobiles post john, other teams are forced to drop points.
Old 20-03-2013, 12:41   #10

I normally ignore smobiles posts
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 13:39   #11
Senior Member+

I can’t find my rose tinted glasses looking at our remaining fixtures we still have a tremendous fight on our hands to survive.
Can see us taking maybe 6 points from the remaining games, which will give us 49 points
The Oxford last game of the season could be very interesting depending a lot on what points are needed by both teams going into that match
Away to Gills (live in hope but we will be lucky to get anything from this game) no points
Away to Wycombe (maybe able to snatch a point) 1 point
Home to Burton (live in hope again) no points
Away to York (a must win game) 3 points
Home to Morecambe (even when not playing well we usually take points of them) 1 points
Away to Bristol (will not be easy they have found their shooting boots recently) 1point
Home to Oxford (let’s hope we are safe by this game) depends very much what is required on the day
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 14:10   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnc View Post
I normally ignore smobiles posts
Best way John, then you'll never be in danger of learning owt!
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 17:47   #13

one more that the bottom two
sparkie, cashman and smobile like this.
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2013, 17:59   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
one more that the bottom two
That musta took some working out.
smobile likes this.
Old 20-03-2013, 18:34   #15
Senior Member+

50 points is essential, any less puts us in danger
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..