Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2017, 19:22   #16
I am Banned

Re: Huddersfield match thread

Gotta say it is a very strong Huddersfield 2nd half
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2017, 19:31   #17
Senior Member+

From the Examiner:
Accrington have just brought on Rommy Boco - he’s a Benin international, just like Town’s Steve Mounie...Unusual to have two feature in one game in England.
AccyMad likes this.
MikeA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 20:13   #18
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

In my opinion Huddersfield moved the ball very well, but stanley were more dangerous, the second half though they scored, we were every bit as good,, thought the trialist No5 did very well, hope we sign that lad, the No8 not for me.
Old 12-07-2017, 20:34   #19
God Member

No.5 was Ben Stephen Everton looked a proper centre half could be a useful signing No.8 not sure who he was was bypassed by their passing game No. 10 again not sure who he was but looked very useful good control and guick Jordan Clarke looked very sharp as did new signing Mcleod did,nt deserve to lose goog workout for both sides.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 20:35   #20
God Member

Also saw Ryan Scicluna warming up but did,it get on.
Old 12-07-2017, 20:38   #21
Senior Member+

So annoyed Ince scored have a pathological hatred for him and hope he falls on his over-rated ass this season
st06nc2 likes this.
Old 12-07-2017, 20:46   #22
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

To be honest i reckon we have nothing at all to fear in Div2,more so even when we add a couple more to the squad, Dont forget Huddersfields lads were worth millions and we acquitted ourselves very well.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Old 12-07-2017, 20:48   #23
God Member

No 5 trialist impressed me with his talking and constant organising alongside Hughes. Looked strong in the air and solid in the tackle. Got caught out late in the 1st half when covering Donacien and got smashed for pace down the wing. Maybe an able alternative to Hughes? But with Sykes, Mohammed and Ogle as youth team graduates I'd be reluctant to offer him a job just as an alternative. Worth another look though.

No 8. Questionable sized shorts, questionable haircut and didnt impose himself. Looked a real unit in the warm up, and his hair drew Pogba comparisons. I thought he looked composed with and without possession to start with but as the half drew on he became less and less involved. Was that the ebb and flow of the game or did he go missing?

No 10. Looked a little Lutelish in his play. Hatd to judge really from tuther end but had more to offer than Billy in the 1st half. Size wise he looked like he was going to be nippy, but he had one or two chances to engage the afterburners ... but had forgot to put fuel in.

2nd half

Sousa, Boco, Ogle, Sykes, Beckles, Edwards and Brown were the knowns that came on. No 16 (nolan?) in the middle seemed alright, didnt do 'a lot' but probably more than Pogba. I liked the look of no 22 (McCleod?)as well. Looked like Akinfenwas little cousin. He tried to go at the full back every time and was more than willing to chase the ball back if he lost it.

Ryan Scicluna and Zaid Mohammed were unused subs.

Hard to gauge the team from this BUT I'll stick me neck out and say we'll be no worse than last year. We need someone alongside Conneely and tried 2 tonight and still have the Maltese guy to go at. However, he's not our guy to try to remould but I'd give Edwards a go there. He looks and plays so similarly to Crooks ...

We also need a keeper. Chapman made a couple of half decent saves, and I couldnt see the goal enough to comment, but solely based on last season he doesnt give enough confidence to the 4 in front of him.
Wynonie Harris and Chrisr like this.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 12-07-2017 at 20:55.
maccawozzagod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2017, 20:56   #24
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
No 5 trialist impressed me with his talking and constant organising alongside Hughes. Looked strong in the air and solid in the tackle. Got caught out late in the 1st half when covering Donacien and got smashed for pace down the wing. Maybe an able alternative to Hughes? But with Sykes, Mohammed and Ogle as youth team graduates I'd be reluctant to offer him a job just as an alternative. Worth another look though.

No 8. Questionable sized shorts, questionable haircut and didnt impose himself. Looked a real unit in the warm up, and his hair drew Pogba comparisons. I thought he looked composed with and without possession to start with but as the half drew on he became less and less involved. Was that the ebb and flow of the game or did he go missing?

No 10. Looked a little Lutelish in his play. Hatd to judge really from tuther end but had more to offer than Billy in the 1st half. Size wise he looked like he was going to be nippy, but he had one or two chances to engage the afterburners ... but had forgot to put fuel in.

2nd half

Sousa, Boco, Ogle, Sykes, Beckles, Edwards and Brown were the knowns that came on. No 16 (nolan?) in the middle seemed alright, didnt do 'a lot' but probably more than Pogba. I liked the look of no 22 as well. Looked like Akinfenwas little cousin. He tried to go at the full back every time and was more than willing to chase the ball back if he lost it.

Ryan Scicluna and Zaid Mohammed were unused subs.

Hard to gauge the team from this BUT I'll stick me neck out and say we'll be no worse than last year. We need someone alongside Conneely and tried 2 tonight and still have the Maltese guy to go at. However, he's not our guy to try to remould but I'd give Edwards a go there. He looks and plays so similarly to Crooks ...

We also need a keeper. Chapman made a couple of half decent saves, and I couldnt see the goal enough to comment, but solely based on last season he doesnt give enough confidence to the 4 in front of him.
16 was new signing Liam Nolan.
Old 12-07-2017, 20:56   #25
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Also saw Ryan Scicluna warming up but did,it get on.
He is a player that would be a really good signing for us
Old 12-07-2017, 21:08   #26
Senior Member+

16 was Liam Nolan!

He isn't a bad keeper on his day, just prone to too many errors!

https://twitter.com/westerhampete/st...19631530749953
Old 12-07-2017, 21:08   #27
Super Moderator

I'm even more confident of our prospects this season after that second half performance. I shall be going down the bookies tomorrow to put a score on us reaching the automatics.
cashman likes this.
Old 12-07-2017, 21:14   #28
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'm even more confident of our prospects this season after that second half performance. I shall be going down the bookies tomorrow to put a score on us reaching the automatics.
Marathon bet have us at 6/1
Old 12-07-2017, 21:37   #29
Super Moderator

Hmmm...would've thought the bookies would be offering longer odds than that, as they usually have so little confidence in us. Will have a mooch round tomorrow.
Old 12-07-2017, 22:05   #30
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Hmmm...would've thought the bookies would be offering longer odds than that, as they usually have so little confidence in us. Will have a mooch round tomorrow.
We're nowhere near favourites to go up, forest green and Lincoln have better odds than us

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..