Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2017, 08:17   #31
God Member

Re: Huddersfield match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Hmmm...would've thought the bookies would be offering longer odds than that, as they usually have so little confidence in us. Will have a mooch round tomorrow.
usually favourites for relagation along with morecambe. makes a change for sure.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2017, 09:42   #32

After months of closed season speculation, the big day had finally arrived. Yipeeee!!!
Conditions were perfect. Balmy, cloudless summer evening, premier league opposition, new strip & a pitch to rival Wembley. The anticipation was almost unbearable.
Imagine my surprise when I walked into the Crown for my pre-match libation, only to find I was the only customer at the bar! Was this a dream?
All around were fans in blue & white sporting all the bravado of the newly promoted anticipating a 8-0 thrashing of their lowly opponents.
By kick-off, the Clayton end was embarrassingly empty. Had the 7.00pm kick off confused the faithful?
It must have, as by half time it had filled up to a more acceptable level although nothing like I had anticipated for such a tasty pre-season appetizer.
When the teams took to the field it was a case of spot the old boys, so many new faces were on show.
The clubs decision not to name those 'on trial' for their futures was frustrating. Why all the secrecy????
Surely any player deemed fit to wear our shirt deserves a credit on the cast list!
The game proved to be the classical cliché - a game of two halves!
Despite dominating possession, Huddersfield rarely threatened our goal in the first half & the whole team, including Chapman, put in an excellent defensive display.
The second half was a more lively effort & despite their inevitable goal, we created some creditable goal attempts.
I thought all of those players named 'a trialist' showed promise & each proved more than worthy of league 2.
Huddersfield's superior technical skill ensured the game followed the script, although a draw would have been a fair result after 90 minutes.
Bring on Everton at 3.00pm Saturday! Let's hope this time I have to fight my way to the bar!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:46   #33
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
After months of closed season speculation, the big day had finally arrived. Yipeeee!!!
Conditions were perfect. Balmy, cloudless summer evening, premier league opposition, new strip & a pitch to rival Wembley. The anticipation was almost unbearable.
Imagine my surprise when I walked into the Crown for my pre-match libation, only to find I was the only customer at the bar! Was this a dream?
All around were fans in blue & white sporting all the bravado of the newly promoted anticipating a 8-0 thrashing of their lowly opponents.
By kick-off, the Clayton end was embarrassingly empty. Had the 7.00pm kick off confused the faithful?
It must have, as by half time it had filled up to a more acceptable level although nothing like I had anticipated for such a tasty pre-season appetizer.
When the teams took to the field it was a case of spot the old boys, so many new faces were on show.
The clubs decision not to name those 'on trial' for their futures was frustrating. Why all the secrecy????
Surely any player deemed fit to wear our shirt deserves a credit on the cast list!
The game proved to be the classical cliché - a game of two halves!
Despite dominating possession, Huddersfield rarely threatened our goal in the first half & the whole team, including Chapman, put in an excellent defensive display.
The second half was a more lively effort & despite their inevitable goal, we created some creditable goal attempts.
I thought all of those players named 'a trialist' showed promise & each proved more than worthy of league 2.
Huddersfield's superior technical skill ensured the game followed the script, although a draw would have been a fair result after 90 minutes.
Bring on Everton at 3.00pm Saturday! Let's hope this time I have to fight my way to the bar!
Stanley fans don't really come out in numbers for friendlies especially midweek
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 09:52   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Stanley fans don't really come out in numbers for friendlies especially midweek
My friend, bearing in mind the occasion & the ludicrously cheap tickets, I can only despair at that response!
keep the faith likes this.

Last edited by Lord Stiffupperlip; 13-07-2017 at 09:55.
Old 13-07-2017, 10:13   #35
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
My friend, bearing in mind the occasion & the ludicrously cheap tickets, I can only despair at that response!
Can probably expect same showings up until the 2nd home game of season when everyone's back from holidays
Old 13-07-2017, 11:49   #36

Quote:
Can probably expect same showings up until the 2nd home game of season when everyone's back from holidays
Second home game of the season!!!!
Some people must enjoy long holidays.
Old 13-07-2017, 12:52   #37
Super Moderator

Quote:
The irony of comments about low gates from someone who won't be coming anywhere near the club for years to come!
Old 13-07-2017, 13:45   #38
God Member

[QUOTE=Wynonie Harris;1197322]The irony of comments about low gates from someone who won't be coming anywhere near the club for years to come![/QUOTE

Irony from a Stanley 'fan' who's spoilt for choice as to his options of which other team(s) to support. Surely not. .
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 16:04   #39

Are you sure that was his name as searches dont bring anything up at all ?
NORTHERNSOUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 16:47   #40
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Have we all to guess who yer talking too?
Old 13-07-2017, 17:05   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTHERNSOUL View Post
Try Ben Richards Everton ex Airdrie...????

Surprised that your gate was quoted as being just over 1600. Not bad for a friendly...but I suppose the 'udders fans out numbered the Stanley ones....!!!!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 17:11   #42
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christies Child View Post
Try Ben Richards Everton ex Airdrie...????

Surprised that your gate was quoted as being just over 1600. Not bad for a friendly...but I suppose the 'udders fans out numbered the Stanley ones....!!!!
no doubt you out numbered the bamber bridge fans the other night then
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 18:07   #43
I am Banned

Still at least it wasn't Called off for a butterfly festival like plymouths
maccawozzagod likes this.
Old 13-07-2017, 19:33   #44

Quote:
After you have made it clear you won't be attending any more games in the foreseeable future, you have the stupidity to make a comment about showings at the Wham. You really are a mixed up individual. Please do us all a favour!
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2017, 19:41   #45
Senior Member+

Quote:
get behind the club
monkey hanger likes this.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..