Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-07-2017, 19:44   #46
I am Banned

Re: Huddersfield match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
After you have made it clear you won't be attending any more games in the foreseeable future, you have the stupidity to make a comment about showings at the Wham. You really are a mixed up individual. Please do us all a favour!
Well look at last year for an example, of the back of one of our best ever seasons we nearly have hmefans outnumbered by don't fans on first game, Accrington will never have big attendances especially for pointless friendlies they only come out the wood work for important games like Stevenage last home game other season, think it's pretty fair to say while there is the band of loyal fans most of the people in the surrounding area are plastics that only come out when the team is being successful, that probably won't change in the foreseeable future unless heaven forbid one of the big teams around us goes tits up
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-07-2017, 21:18   #47
Super Moderator

Re: Huddersfield match thre

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
Well look at last year for an example, of the back of one of our best ever seasons we nearly have hmefans outnumbered by don't fans on first game, Accrington will never have big attendances especially for pointless friendlies they only come out the wood work for important games like Stevenage last home game other season, think it's pretty fair to say while there is the band of loyal fans most of the people in the surrounding area are plastics that only come out when the team is being successful, that probably won't change in the foreseeable future unless heaven forbid one of the big teams around us goes tits up
Tell us something new! You're missing the point, though - you're complaining about stay away fans, but you're one of the fans who's staying away! As Davo says, get behind the team!
cashman and keep the faith like this.
Old 14-07-2017, 08:44   #48
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Tell us something new! You're missing the point, though - you're complaining about stay away fans, but you're one of the fans who's staying away! As Davo says, get behind the team!
i suppose i,ll be put into the stay away fans group. just don,t do friendly matches, never have, never will. even if i lived down livingstone road i wouldn,t bother, but can,t wait for the season to start though.
keep the faith likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 08:57   #49

I've been to one friendly match in 45 years of watching football. I can see why people might want to go (nice weather, cheap, nowt else to do, some new players to see) but I've just never got enthused by them.

Same with european matches, or 99% of premier league matches on the telly.... If I don't feel desperate for my team to win then I ain't bothered.
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 09:19   #50
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I love to see the trialists and any new signings is why i go, gives an insight to me on the coming season. it was annoying though the fact they dont announce who the trialists are.
Chrisr likes this.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:37   #51
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
i suppose i,ll be put into the stay away fans group. just don,t do friendly matches, never have, never will. even if i lived down livingstone road i wouldn,t bother, but can,t wait for the season to start though.
I know quite a few who don't do friendlies, but like Cashy I love 'em. However, the point is, you'll be there for the Colchester match. St06nc2 won't be because he's boycotting the club until Andy Holt goes. So it ill becomes him to start commenting on other's non-attendance.
Old 14-07-2017, 09:46   #52
God Member

Quote:
I know quite a few who don't do friendlies, but like Cashy I love 'em. However, the point is, you'll be there for the Colchester match. St06nc2 won't be because he's boycotting the club until Andy Holt goes. So it ill becomes him to start commenting on other's non-attendance.
why does anyone comment about a club they no longer support is beyond me. is it to wind up those who actually do.
Old 14-07-2017, 10:27   #53
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
why does anyone comment about a club they no longer support is beyond me. is it to wind up those who actually do.
Never squad I didn't support the club anymore, I will never not support Stanley, I just got support the owner
Old 14-07-2017, 11:21   #54
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Never squad I didn't support the club anymore, I will never not support Stanley, I just got support the owner
Oh well whats the post yeh made on the signings thread? Post 210? or is yer memory worse than mine?
keep the faith likes this.
Old 14-07-2017, 11:48   #55
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Oh well whats the post yeh made on the signings thread? Post 210? or is yer memory worse than mine?
It said I would not be returning, it doesn't say I wiuo stop supporting the club
Old 14-07-2017, 11:54   #56

Quote:
Precisely put Wynonie!!!

A typical example of someone not thinking before putting his fingers on the keyboard. I wish he would either admit he's made a mistake by making such a brash statement or, pack up and leave this forum and join whatever club forum he decides to favour with his flexible loyalty. I for one am sick and fed up of reading his pathetic comments when I know his heart and loyalty aren't with Stanley.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 11:58   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
It said I would not be returning, it doesn't say I wiuo stop supporting the club
Thats utter crap not returning means not supporting to anyone with an I.Q, of 1.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:11   #58
God Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't "supporting your club" mean, if it's to mean anything, spending some of your money to the benefit of that club.

And, again unless I've missed something, I don't believe Andy Holt's ownership of the club can be compared in any way to the recent experiences of Orient, Blackpool, Rangers, Coventry, etc, etc, etc. He happens to be the current owner, for which I am glad, but he is not Accrington Stanley.

If, for whatever reason, st06nc2, you 'boycott' Stanley by not giving a single penny to the club you are as much a 'fan' as those six year old kids you see in every shopping centre wearing Barcelona shirts. In fact, not even as much as that, as they at least buy a shirt and some of the exorbitant cost goes back to the club.

If you do donate financially to the club then good on you.
But then is not watching the team just cutting your nose off to spite your face rather than an act of principle.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-2017, 12:19   #59
God Member

Quote:
owners, managers and players go but the club lives on. if you,ve got a personel gripe with andy holt why don,t you attempt to sort it out face to face as you,re the real looser by not attending games. hated a manager at hartlepool when he wouldn,t give me a trial even as two other league clubs did but it didn,t stop me supporting them at the time.
Old 14-07-2017, 12:41   #60

As I said I don't think this clown gives much thought to what he posts. People have long memories and what ever the future holds for our club and I think the "new dawn" has arrived this season. any future comments st06nc2 happens to post on this forum will be met with reminders of a silly statement he made on this thread. It will in effect return to bite him on the a**e. I still recall statements made by certain individuals on here following the re-appointment of Coley and Jimmy.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..