Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree90Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-07-2017, 18:34   #76

Re: Huddersfield match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
In reply to your last point Lord S I feel the answer would be roughly the same amount as most supporters I know go to watch our own team & the calibre of the opposition doesn't really matter.
It gets on my wick when people start trying to divide fans according to their, for want of a better word, 'worthiness' - not everyone can go to every game, be it friendlies or otherwise but we're all on the same side, god knows there's few enough of us without making out that some aren't as good a supporter as another!
AccyMad, I couldn't agree more!
This all goes back to a response to my thoughts on the Huddersfield game from a so-called Stanley 'supporter' who shall remain nameless (post #33), who decided to take one element of my post - about the poor attendance; & make what I felt was a ludicrous & flippant remark.
I'm not trying to divide fans, just responding to the apparent apathy evident on some of the posts regarding whether its worth attending friendlies.
I'm old enough to remember the 'can't be bothered' apathy that caused the downfall of Stanley in 1962 & it dismays me to see it rearing it's head on this forum.
What saddens me more, are the number of contributors who have rushed to defend the 'stay-away fans' & criticise one who is actually supporting the club by bothering to attend these friendlies.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-07-2017, 18:53   #77
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
What saddens me more, are the number of contributors who have rushed to defend the 'stay-away fans' & criticise one who is actually supporting the club by bothering to attend these friendlies.
Mate, don't take it so personally, comments I made in response to your offerings were merely a counter opinion & not meant as criticism. As I've repeatedly stated, supporters come in all shapes & sizes & the same goes for their options to & how they support.

Tell you what, we (me & the better half) should be over Sept-Oct so we'll be looking to take in a game or several, if you get yourself down to the "Greyhound" on match day were we meet up with the other "Owd Contemptibles" (they know who they are ), I'll get you a pint & we can have a natter ..... sound fair?

After all, as one ex tory PM & Scuzzbag (although I'm pretty sure he wasn't a Stanleyite) once said "We're all in this together!" KTF Bro, KTF!
Lord Stiffupperlip likes this.
Old 15-07-2017, 19:05   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Tell you what, we (me & the better half) should be over Sept-Oct so we'll be looking to take in a game or several, if you get yourself down to the "Greyhound" on match day were we meet up with the other "Owd Contemptibles" (they know who they are ), I'll get you a pint & we can have a natter ..... sound fair?
My multieloquent mule - a free pint! How could I refuse such a tempting offer!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 21:10   #79

Lord S - I'm sure the club will value my support at one of those cold winter midweek must win away matches where there's about 100 of us Can Be Bothereds vociferously shouting the team on - more than a polite pre-season friendly.
Surely a true supporter has the instinct to know where his limited time and effort best serve the club and take appropriate action?
monkey hanger likes this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 21:22   #80
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
Lord S - I'm sure the club will value my support at one of those cold winter midweek must win away matches where there's about 100 of us Can Be Bothereds vociferously shouting the team on - more than a polite pre-season friendly.
Surely a true supporter has the instinct to know where his limited time and effort best serve the club and take appropriate action?
So basically what your saying is that the people that don't got to midweek away games can't be bothered?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2017, 22:31   #81
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
So basically what your saying is that the people that don't got to midweek away games can't be bothered?
I'll tell you what, you've got some brass neck. You've deserted the club for the most spurious of reasons and you won't be going to any matches, midweek, weekend, home, away, friendly, league, cup. Yet, you're all over this forum like a rash, pontificating about matches you haven't seen and now having the sheer gall to air your thoughts on the subject of support!

Why don't you do us all a favour and go and post your views on the forum of the club you've "chosen" to support next season?
Old 17-07-2017, 07:21   #82
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I'll tell you what, you've got some brass neck. You've deserted the club for the most spurious of reasons and you won't be going to any matches, midweek, weekend, home, away, friendly, league, cup. Yet, you're all over this forum like a rash, pontificating about matches you haven't seen and now having the sheer gall to air your thoughts on the subject of support!

Why don't you do us all a favour and go and post your views on the forum of the club you've "chosen" to support next season?
Just because I've chosen not to attend games does not mean I will not still be following the club, I would never stop supporting Stanley I just would not attend games
Old 17-07-2017, 09:21   #83
Super Moderator

Quote:
Just because I've chosen not to attend games does not mean I will not still be following the club, I would never stop supporting Stanley I just would not attend games
You are not a supporter, you have willfully withdrawn your support for a ridiculous reason, which is why nobody else, to my knowledge, has joined your boycott. You don't attend matches (even though you're near enough to do so), you don't buy merchandise - what sort of support is that?
Old 17-07-2017, 10:06   #84
God Member

Quote:
You are not a supporter, you have willfully withdrawn your support for a ridiculous reason, which is why nobody else, to my knowledge, has joined your boycott. You don't attend matches (even though you're near enough to do so), you don't buy merchandise - what sort of support is that?
a supporter is a person who attends games. a follower is someone who says looks for the result, checks signings etc. but never sets foot in the place. unfortunetly he,s not on his own in the area but they don,t post on supporters messageboards.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 10:39   #85
God Member

[QUOTE=st06nc2;1197561]...I would never stop supporting Stanley I just would not attend games[/QUOTE

By any chance are Third Lanark and New Brighton some of the other options you have for watching footie?

God save Accrington Stanley with 'supporters' like you.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2017, 12:43   #86
I am Banned

Quote:
76 miles is hardly close enough to attend matches
Old 17-07-2017, 12:57   #87
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Yer full of crap, yeh gave the reason as our owner.
Old 17-07-2017, 13:11   #88
Super Moderator

Quote:
I know supporters who travel that distance and further, even if they don't make it to every single match. But, let's face it, this is just a red herring. You have been attending because you told us that you wouldn't be returning while Andy Holt is in charge.
Old 17-07-2017, 14:30   #89
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
I know supporters who travel that distance and further, even if they don't make it to every single match. But, let's face it, this is just a red herring. You have been attending because you told us that you wouldn't be returning while Andy Holt is in charge.
Yeh always were more polite than me Wyn.
Old 18-07-2017, 09:07   #90
God Member

[QUOTE=Exile on Spencer St;1197577]
Quote:
...I would never stop supporting Stanley I just would not attend games[

God save Accrington Stanley with 'supporters' like you.
that,s the problem i imagine there,s plenty like him and not just at stanley. they say they support a certain lower division club but would need directions to the ground. rather stay on the sumfy armchairs watching the plastic premier league.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..