Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2015, 13:49   #46
God Member

Re: Hunt and Atkinson gone.

Good luck Joycey always a polite chap when I met him been a club man and captain imho he,s had some good games but a hell of a lot of average ones, lets hope we get someone in there with a bit of quality on our budget the club moves on and if we are losing less money than previous that is a good sign we are moving in the right direction financially.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2015, 13:50   #47
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
What happened to Whitehead who Coley seemed to have lined up for this season? Seen him and not rated him? Don't think he was offered a contract!
Left along with Tony Warner.
Old 21-05-2015, 14:06   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Good luck Joycey always a polite chap when I met him been a club man and captain imho he,s had some good games but a hell of a lot of average ones, lets hope we get someone in there with a bit of quality on our budget the club moves on and if we are losing less money than previous that is a good sign we are moving in the right direction financially.
It is a good sign as far as i'm concerned, but we will NEVER do sod all unless the Commercial side starts producing big time, either that or a multi-millionaire takes oer.
baldy likes this.
Old 21-05-2015, 21:18   #49
God Member

Wildcard stab in the dark time ... Merf returns to replace Joycey.

No longer a regular at Wycombe and probably further down the pecking order if they go up
Old 21-05-2015, 22:26   #50
Senior Member+

Wasnt one of Lukes biggest fans when he first came but over the past 2 seasons ive had my mind changed. Does the easy stuff well and keeps the ball ticking! But the fact he had the love for the club and fans he deserved the respect people have for him! For me , hes replaceable and i hope we put someone who is a big leader, so its proccy for me as captain! If Peter Murphy was still at the club then it probably would of been his time...

Wasnt nice reading Lukes interview on the carlisle website! More or less stateing what we already know! Wants to play infront of 1,000 away fans, better training facilities , more money etc etc! But we know the deal here at stanley that we cant compete with such things!
Redraine likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 06:15   #51
God Member

I think Mr.Joyce's interview on the Carlisle web site is very generous to Stanley.

Luke Joyce on signing for United for a second time
Wynonie Harris and cashman like this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 07:13   #52
Junior Member+

I dont think Murphy would return, Stanley wouldnt be able to match the £1,????? a week wage he is currently on with Wycombe.

Also, there was a rumour he left as the contract renewal he was offered by Beattie was actually less money than he was on at the time.

On the other hand, his connection to John and Jimmy could see us with a great player back at Stanley.

Last edited by Mr T; 22-05-2015 at 09:47. Reason: guesses at a person's salary shouldn't be made
RedArmy1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 07:20   #53
God Member

for 6 months before he (Murphy) left there seemed to be a lot of press saying how great he was and that he would play in the Championship, at the time I thought it sounded like he or his agent had written it himself. Murphy wasn't great but he had a lot of heart and that carries a long way in this league and especially at a club like ours. He's had a go elsewhere and not set the world on fire so I don't think we'd have a massive amount of competition for his signature if he's available. Wages wise we wouldn't compete with Marine so it would come down to whether he wants to come back to an 'easy' club to play for.

Should he become available though I wouldn't be surprised to see him end up at Morecambe.
cashman and Red-Osbornello like this.
Old 22-05-2015, 07:25   #54
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedArmy1968 View Post
I dont think Murphy would return, Stanley wouldnt be able to match the £1,???? a week wage he is currently on with Wycombe.

Also, there was a rumour he left as the contract renewal he was offered by Beattie was actually less money than he was on at the time.

On the other hand, his connection to John and Jimmy could see us with a great player back at Stanley.
Beattie probaly wanted him out that,s why he offered him less, I think he,ll probaly stay were he is if he is under contract also I believe Morecambe are sniffing round after him but doubt wether they will match his wages.

Last edited by Mr T; 23-05-2015 at 07:52. Reason: wage quoted
Old 22-05-2015, 08:45   #55
Senior Member+

I pop on Morecambes forum every now and then and I don't think they have as much money as people think!
Old 22-05-2015, 10:49   #56

It always amazes me how fans always claim to know the wages of players both past and present.

As for my club having less money than people assume, this is just another example of how fans think they have a financial insight into the finances of clubs. With regards to our interest in Murphy. He along with a number of others are always of interest to both our respective clubs if the manager(s) think that they will improve the overall squad.

Best of luck with your rebuilding of your squad. Coley has done it before so there is every reason he can do it once again.....finances permitting!!!!!!
Christies Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 13:07   #57
God Member

just he will be missed.back from a weeks holiday and saw the news of players leaving. hunt and Atkinson well there are as good or better out there but again itsMONEY MONEY AND MORE MONEY but as for joycey I still cant get over this. I know there are some who cant wait to get on his back especially someone who sits somewhere behind coley, but I have always said when luke plays well so do Stanley. he does a lot of graft in mid field and never pulls out of a 50 50 tackle. he will be missed. thanks for your service to the club and good luck at Carlisle.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 13:52   #58
I am Banned

Bobby grant close to signing for Shrewsbury, guess he's off the cards
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2015, 14:04   #59
Full Member+

What's Michael Symes up to nowadays? Last I heard there were rumblings about Southport?
Red-Osbornello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2015, 14:35   #60
Senior Member+

Just read another Luke Joyce interview, Apparently we offered him a 3 year deal, Is there going to be more of these or just a one off?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..