Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree76Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2015, 14:43   #1
Senior Member+

Hunt and Atkinson gone.

No surprise Nicky has left....... As for Atkinson, a massive loss.

Good luck to both.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2015, 15:09   #2
God Member

Re: Hunt and Atkinson gone.

We leaked more goals than anybody last year defence needs sorting Nicky and Rob both probaly at the bigger end of our wage structure and probaly been offered less little wonder with our resources lets hope Coley gets some replacements that are up to the task required.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 15:12   #3
God Member

Best of luck to the pair of 'em - not overly surprised about Nicky if I'm honest but both will be missed big time
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 15:14   #4
Full Member+

It is sad to see them go but we do need to make tough decisions, The goal against column did not lie. let's just hope we can get good replacements.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 15:16   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

All the best to both lads, more will no doubt follow.
Old 19-05-2015, 15:21   #6
Senior Member+

Not surprised with Nicky Hunt!

Atkinson is a strong attacking the ball but if he gets turned I don't think he has enough pace unlike Winnard and only think he really played well when Scott Davies signed from Fleetwood where they both played together so had a good understanding.

Hopefully get a decent loan keeper for the season that players can get used to after a terrible last season plagued with goalkeeping injuries!
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 19-05-2015, 15:24   #7

BIG loss in my book .
For my money , the defence always looked less leaky when Nicky Hunt was playing . Rob Atkinson was probably the most under rated player in the team ........... add to the fact that Tom Aldred went to Blackpool in Jan 2015 and that leaves huge gaps in what started last season as a good experienced back four .
Centre halfs ( at least as good as Rob ) are not ten a penny on this money and the priority surely remains a good keeper who will galvanise the defence rather than the nine different keepers we had to make do and mend with last time !
AccyMad, Redraine, cashman and 1 others like this.
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 15:28   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
It is sad to see them go but we do need to make tough decisions, The goal against column did not lie. let's just hope we can get good replacements.
Nine different keepers certainly didn't help though did it ?
AccyMad and Chrisr like this.
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 15:35   #9
Senior Member+

I wouldn't mind putting Robs wages towards securing Lloyd Jones on loan!
Old 19-05-2015, 15:59   #10
God Member

Coleman will probaly want to play 3-5-2 next season with 3 at the back they need to be quick and mobile as balls are often played down the flanks when wing backs are caught forward, not having a go at Rob because he as been a good servant putting is head in were it hurts but imho did,nt think 3 at the back suited his style.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 16:01   #11
God Member

Not surprised by either release - I imagine they were offered much less than their Beattie-era contract provided; more in line with what the club can actually afford.

Wish both lads all the best. Each can be said to have genuinely contributed to the club's success in their time.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 16:35   #12
Senior Member+

I thought Rob had a great season and I am very sorry to see him go,
(as andyd said in post 2 We leaked more goals than anybody last year)
but in my opinion the defenders were not entirely to blame as all to often our negative approach work and loss of the ball in midfield put continued pressure on our defenders
Revived Red and choirboy like this.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 17:31   #13
Senior Member+

2 big losses for me.

Does anyone know where they are going? As we offered them new contracts, presumably they wouldn't leave within the month unless they had somewhere to go? Also, where did your info come from Smudgie?
Old 19-05-2015, 17:38   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
I wouldn't mind putting Robs wages towards securing Lloyd Jones on loan!
According to "Raine Sports" sources that is a season long done deal!
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2015, 17:53   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post
2 big losses for me.

Does anyone know where they are going? As we offered them new contracts, presumably they wouldn't leave within the month unless they had somewhere to go? Also, where did your info come from Smudgie?
Its in the LET me owd mucker. Have n idea were one of ems going but till its concrete i will leave alone.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..