Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2005, 20:04   #1

Talking I don't understand.........

I din't understand why everyone dislikes Barrow FC so much. I have only been watching Stanley for 3 years, and may have missed something from the past. Could anyone enlighten me???
Old 28-09-2005, 20:59   #2
Senior Member+

Re: I don't understand.........

Possibly goes back to when a section of their own fans turned on the team after Stanley beat them at the Crown (as it then was). Plus a repugnant centre-half, Hulme(?), who finally totally disgraced himself and Barrow got rid of. Not to mention a totally self opinionated visitor to this forum called "The Chief", not even the Barrow fans liked him.

Plus it's great to chant, "we hate Barrow, and we hate Barrow, we are the Barrow haters".

But now they've got Jonathan etc., I find it hard to do that except in an ironic and nostalgic way.

Now it’s out in the open, there are no secrets at the club.
Oggy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..