Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-04-2009, 19:11   #31
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ian Craney Coming Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
With no big sponsors at the moment (a lot of money gone with Fraser Eagle) and season ticket sales not exactly setting the world alight, I'd suspect that budgets will be cut for next season. We'll be lucky to keep many of this season's better players.
thats my worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR ADIM View Post
But surely the club should be activily looking for another ground sponsor since they knew Fraser were stopping sponsoring the club.
i'm sure they knew/suspected months before they went tits up, not n easy task in fairness in this climate. bottom line is here apart from 1000 approx die-hards the club aint much going fer it,sadly.
Old 14-04-2009, 19:17   #32
Senior Member+

We could have really strong team next season with this team we have plus a few addition to the squad! Maybe this is the time the club should listen to Iilyas comments

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 19:45   #33
God Member

Smile Re: Ian Craney Coming Back?

Yes it is time for Eric,Rob and whoever to ensure the best outcome for the club We must get the best deal from The DO'N or/and Ilyas plus all the others involved :- Clayton Park, Combined Stabilisation,Greyhound Ford Etc. Every little bit is at this time massively important to our next season, as mentioned the season ticket offer has not really set the world on fire

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2009, 21:08   #34
Super Moderator

...all the more reason for the club to get talking to Ilyas.
Old 14-04-2009, 21:40   #35
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
...all the more reason for the club to get talking to Ilyas.
theres n owd saying- where theres no sense,theres no reason.
Old 14-04-2009, 21:55   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
theres n owd saying- where theres no sense,theres no reason.
I know, Mr C, but I live in hope that the club will in the words of Lindsay O. have "a sudden attack of common sense".
Old 14-04-2009, 22:03   #37
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
I know, Mr C, but I live in hope that the club will in the words of Lindsay O. have "a sudden attack of common sense".
thats the difference between n Optimist n a Pessimist.
Old 15-04-2009, 09:08   #38
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
bottom line is here apart from 1000 approx die-hards the club aint much going fer it,sadly.
One other thing it has going for it is a proud name. Or at least it was proud until it was sullied by recent allegations and even more by the club's pathetic response.

However, it will not be long before this sad situation is resolved and we can move on.

I remain convinced that there must be some big company out there which can see Stanley's on-field success. Yes, I know that we seem to live in almost constant fear of relegation but, in view of the poor attendances and limited facilities, we do well; possibly we punch above our weight as has often been said. Surely some big company can see that and would wish to be associated with that kind of success and maybe help it to achieve more.

My constant worry is the inertia which seems to grip the club. It could be argued that I do not know what goes on behind the scenes. That would be true - I don't. What I am saying is that the club seems to lack any proactive effort. Whether it be player registrations, response to allegations, installation of seats, etc etc, it always seems to be too little too late. I would like to think that the club is seeking sponsorship from a big name.

Why am I saying all this in this thread??? It should be about Craney! Sorry!
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 11:35   #39

Actually Revived Red, it does fit in with the Craney thread, as without the efforts you describe, we have little hope of attracting players of his quality. Yes, at times he did go missing in games but he did give us some great memories whilst he was with us. It's been stated many times, and I travel all over the UK, when I say I used to live in Accrington for over 40 years the comment is always, 'Accrington Stanley!' A very proud and unique name, which I agree should bear more fruit from a brand perspective.
Preston Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2009, 11:47   #40
Senior Member+

Very good post Revived Red it fits in with this post because Accrington Stanley should be a club players look at and can see us progressing into league one/Top half of the table, with their help and a club they want to stay at And not see the club as where they know if they play well they will get other offers and go! We would attrack players of Craneys ability not that we have not already with Mr Ryan, but we know we could lose him if other clubs offer more money to him so if we payed wages that where right for league 2, players would want to stay and help us progress! We could lose Edwards, Arthur,Turner etc to clubs offering more money! We dont need a big transfer budget as look at this season! with the amount of quailty we have in the players just more money to pay better wages. But that is only going to come from investment and with the credit crunch hitting than its going to be hard to keep hold of better players we have at the club!

The Harder The Conflict, The More Glorious The Triumph

MCR ADIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 15:47   #41
Senior Member+

I see Danny Carlton is due to be released by Carlisle at the end of the season. Carlton has been a target for Coleman on a couple of occasions, but this time I think he'll be another player we can't afford.
Old 16-04-2009, 16:28   #42
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post
I see Danny Carlton is due to be released by Carlisle at the end of the season. Carlton has been a target for Coleman on a couple of occasions, but this time I think he'll be another player we can't afford.
I've wanted to see Carlton in a Stanley shirt for some time. We couldn't even get him in on loan in January, though. Methinks it'll be another tough summer for Coleman - scraping the barrel for Conference standard free agents.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 16:50   #43
God Member

Smile Re: Ian Craney Coming Back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
I've wanted to see Carlton in a Stanley shirt for some time. We couldn't even get him in on loan in January, though. Methinks it'll be another tough summer for Coleman - scraping the barrel for Conference standard free agents.
And rejects/cast offs from Shrewsbury

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 16:54   #44
God Member

We can live in hope
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2009, 20:25   #45
God Member

Telegraph tonight, Jimmy Bell says that he isn't surprised with the link for Craney and had a phone call off him to see if we had tried to get him back. We haven't.

But he and John would jump at the chance to have him back if finances allowed .....

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..