Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman
  • 1 Post By ddevil2006

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2013, 17:12   #1

ian craney signs

for stockport county, he says it was a big lure for him and the only place to go, reminds me of someone else
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-06-2013, 17:42   #2
Senior Member+

Re: ian craney signs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddevil2006 View Post
for stockport county, he says it was a big lure for him and the only place to go, reminds me of someone else
What you doin' to us, trying to emulate Maccawazzagod!!!!

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 18:55   #3
Senior Member+

Chippy next to the ground better stock up then
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 19:00   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Chippy next to the ground better stock up then
and all the take aways between Stocky and Liverpool..could be a prosperous few months!
Old 01-06-2013, 19:00   #5

Wish him well. Always an Accy legend and with the right team crafted around him he should be able to rip it up at Conf North level. Smash one in against Barrow please Ian.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:37   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin the chipmunk View Post
Wish him well. Always an Accy legend and with the right team crafted around him he should be able to rip it up at Conf North level. Smash one in against Barrow please Ian.
Bit of a waste of talent IMO - if he wanted to he could still be playing in the league - when he is fit and motivated he can win a game on his own - could see him in a holding midfield role pulling the strings even if his pace has gone.

Shame he just doesn't seem to care anymore.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:39   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Think Sams nailed that un spot on, coulda been playing at a much higher level if the application was with him, as it is "A Legend In His Own Lunchtime"
yonmon likes this.
Old 04-06-2013, 00:15   #8
Full Member+

One of Coley's gems who starred in the Conference winning team! I also witnessed that goal at Morecambe!
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 01:34   #9
Full Member+

I agree with other posters...Craney had shedloads of potential, but sadly, lacked the ambition and application to back it up.

Bigger sides gave him chances, which he spurned. Could have played Championship level easily.......... had he applied himself.

And it spoke volumes to me when the Dynamic duo let him leave Rochdale. I may be wrong ( & will stand corrected ) but wasn't "lack of fitness" one of the reasons Coley & Bell released him??

Lower league football is full of examples like Craney, who had potential, but never realized that potential to the full. The likes of Putterill, McConville, McEvilly spring to mind. So there's Four prime examples of lads who have graced the Red shirt, who had more than a modicum of ability, but are likely to end their careers muddling around in the extreme lower echelons of the league pyramid.

Incidentally, I too was on Christie when Craney lashed it in from distance, probably one of the best goals I've seen scored by a Stanley player !!

Shame his career never realized his potential really.

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
carpon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 17:07   #10

have to disagree on the goal, i would say ray puterill's goal against newcastle, take some beating
maccawozzagod likes this.
ddevil2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 22:02   #11
Senior Member+

Are Stockport part time as Kieron Charnock joined them today as well
Old 06-06-2013, 21:13   #12
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by nige b View Post
Are Stockport part time as Kieron Charnock joined them today as well
Yep, they've gone part-time, now they've dropped down to Conference North.
Old 18-06-2013, 18:57   #13

I must just post a thank you to Cash. This forums full off differing opinions and Cashmans post made me laugh out loud on the train when I read it! Some of you may disagree but I thought it was very funny.............and I was a Craney fan..........sorry Ian
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-2013, 18:57   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Heard a whisper Craneys health aint too great. Certainly hope that aint the case.
Old 18-06-2013, 18:58   #15
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
I must just post a thank you to Cash. This forums full off differing opinions and Cashmans post made me laugh out loud on the train when I read it! Some of you may disagree but I thought it was very funny.............and I was a Craney fan..........sorry Ian
Hey i was a craney fan meself.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..