Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2004, 13:58   #16

Re: If we had a defence we would be top of the league

Good man,Kipax! Whilst I've considered Smithy should have been a regular in the team all along he won't be able, alone, to wave a magic defensive wand and everything will be perfect. An experienced central defender from league 1 or 2 is still essential to play alongside the lad and help him become an even better player than he currently is. Certainly, appearances alongside the unduly favoured R.Willaims will achieve nothing in that respect.
qualtrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2004, 14:27   #17
I am Banned

JEFF, why dont u start looking at the positives instead of the negatives all the time. We are 2nd in the league for crying out loud.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 14:50   #18
Super Moderator

Are you really? I thought you were 14th.
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 15:19   #19
Resting In Peace

Fearon - Twice I have asked you a question - "are you happy with the way we played last Saturday and last night or do you not wish to express an opinion in case anybody accuses you of moaning." Why don't you answer it ? Your last question to me said "why dont u start looking at the positives instead of the negatives all the time". Have you read what I have posted ? I said that we have proved we can score goals - IS THAT A POSITIVE ?, I said that we probably had the best midfield in the league - IS THAT A POSITIVE ? Read what I post and let it sink into your brain before just coming on here slagging me off, and by the way, as I said before, why not have a sensible pledge instead of your £500 for a Whalley hat-trick and £2.00 for every goal the substitute goalkeeper scores. It just shows how your brain works when you keep stating that Burnley are going up - how much have you bet on that ? Come on put your money where your mouth is. How much are you betting that Stanley and Burnley both get promoted, which is what you keep displaying. I can guess the reply, probably the same amount that you will end up paying Stanley for your pledges.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 15:46   #20
I am Banned

It keeps saying that clarets and stanley are going up because its my signiture, it displays on every post... So why dont you get your brain working and learn how to use a computer, have you not noticed other peoples signiture at the bottom of the screen, they dont write it on every 1 of there posts it does it automatically. If you want an avatar or a signiture go on your profile but you probably dont know how to do it.
Old 22-09-2004, 15:54   #21
Super Moderator

The very fact that you do have it for your signature shows how much you must believe it. So why don't you put your money where your mouth is and pledge a contribution to the club if it happens?
Old 22-09-2004, 15:58   #22
I am Banned

i av had that signiture since i joined the forum
Old 22-09-2004, 16:00   #23
Senior Member+

Sorry but fighting between each other on an anonymous forum. Just have a chat at the game on Saturday.

However, what happened last night was football, it was similar last season but we are making progress year on year. The management team should be applauded & are obviously as cheesed off as us as to what happened last night. But the margin, between 2-0 & 3-1 is very small to 2-1 & 3-3. Last year we beat Shots, Hereford then drew with Northwich & got beat by Telford.

Bet we beat Gravesend........

Jase

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 16:00   #24
Super Moderator

Still carefully avoiding the question of a sensible pledge, aren't you?
Old 22-09-2004, 16:02   #25
I am Banned

I give enough money to stanley when i watch them.
Its my choice what pledge i do and what it is about.
Old 22-09-2004, 16:08   #26
Super Moderator

Burnley fans, eh...don't ya just love 'em!
Old 22-09-2004, 16:09   #27
Resting In Peace

See - there you go again Fearon - slagging me off for not learning how to use a computer. When I was at school we learned how to use our brain, obviously something that you have not learned yet, although you are probably a wizard using a computer.

This is the third time of asking "are you happy with the way we played last Saturday and last night or do you not wish to express an opinion in case anybody accuses you of moaning."

That is a simple enough question for a computer wizard to answer isn't it or maybe you can't answer it because you didn't go to the games.

Simple questions for you - Did you go to the Stanley matches on Saturday 18th September 2004 against Leigh RMI and on Tuesday 21st September 2004 against Northwich.

Did you go to the Burnley matches on Saturday 18th September 2004 against Leicester and on Tuesday 21st September 2004 against Wolves.

Has it ever occurred to you that some people may not want a signature at the bottom of the screen.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 16:17   #28
I am Banned

u dont have to be a computer wizard to know how to put a signiture on.

Last saturday i went to leicester to watch Burnley..... on tuesday i had a football match so i didnt go to that game either, but i know people who went and i have talked to them about the game. We beat Leigh RMI and drew against northwich so 4 points out of 6 which isnt too bad. Wer getting the results and they are what count not how well they play. They could play brilliant and get beat 1-0 would you be happy then...........
Old 22-09-2004, 16:41   #29
Senior Member+

I'll also reply JEFF so that you can have my feelings on the subject.

I remember, & you probably do as well, the "old days" when 100 or so fools went on the Stanley & watched pub players kick a ball around. I saw defeats at Bamber Bridge, Frickley, Fleetwood, Prescot etc.

These days, & following on from the successive promotions HOW COULD YOU NOT BE HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disappointed last night BUT still happy. Coley will get it right & I'm sure that we all want an experienced centre half to organise & steady the ship. I do! There are no walkovers at this level & maybe we are a little optimistic to think that just because we turn up at Northwich the points are ours. The worst I've felt this season was the Woking game when we offered nothing. Last night could of been avoided & we could have won 3-1. Saturday was a more flattering performance than the score suggested. Daggers was SUPERB. Over the course of the season this evens out.

Personally, i like this league it is a good friendly level to follow, promotion would be superb but at the moment I am enjoying the ride (oo-er). I am 100% sure as Eric is that Coley will get us there. Remember the starts teams with bigger budgets than us have had (Stevenage & Morecambe)

Its all Good but there will be more ups & downs over the course of the season. But remember this if we win at home & draw away & only lose about 4/5/6 games we will be at least play offs.

so

SING YOU BUGGERS SING & as Coley says Keep the faith................

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 18:07   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by qualtrough
Good man,Kipax! Whilst I've considered Smithy should have been a regular in the team all along he won't be able, alone, to wave a magic defensive wand and everything will be perfect. An experienced central defender from league 1 or 2 is still essential to play alongside the lad and help him become an even better player than he currently is. Certainly, appearances alongside the unduly favoured R.Willaims will achieve nothing in that respect.
Glad to see that someone other than myself and my family thinks that smithy deserves to be chosen over robbie williams. Although he is injured if we can't get a league defender, then the duo of hacker and smithy could work well.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..