Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2004, 18:45   #31
Full Member+

Re: If we had a defence we would be top of the league

I am always reluctant to point the finger at individual players, but I think there are enough other people feeling the same way for it to be worthy of a mention. Has anybody else noticed that the end of the sequence of clean sheets coincided with the return of a certain defender? I'm sure he gives 100% but is he good enough to shoulder the responsibilities at the heart of the defence? Surely Smithy is worth a run?!
Oldgobbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2004, 19:31   #32
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEFF
Smiffy and Fearon. I am making observations, you say if Norwich had a defence they would win the Premier League, if Norwich had a defence they would win **** all.

We have proved that we can score goals, we must have the best midfield in the league but our defence is not good enough.

I asked you a question - are you happy with the way we played last Saturday and last night or do you not wish to express an opinion in case anybody accuses you of moaning.

Smiffy, Fearon give us your opinion instead of slagging off other people.

Smiffy "moan, moan, moan"
Fearon "Thats all he ever does"

Are you two on here to discuss me, or are you on here to discuss Stanley, and maybe come up with something constructive ? If people took offence to your remarks and stopped posting on this forum there would be nobody left. Can we not have a discussion about Stanley without being personally critisised ?

JEFF I've supported stanley for as long as I can remember I go to all away games and I work at the club on the home games.......I put a lot of effort and hard work in for the club, working their throughout the time I am not at school.......

Stanley are the club I love and always will be........

As i've said before on this topic it's a forum and people are entitled to their own.....doesn't say we have to agree with them.

Have you been to all of the games this season JEFF?

Yes last night we was poor but the defence wasnt bad until the last 10, then yes I agree with you, but sometimes if you get the result and play poorly...you've still won the game even if you were crap.....that was the scenario on Saturday and we got the result.
We've won 3 away games this season and in those games we were cracking all over the pitch(defence included) and no team in the league could of matched us on them performances.........

Were second in the Conference and looking forward to Saturday for a good result and take us top of the league were we belong........

STANLEY TILL I DIE
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 19:39   #33

Smiffy do you have to be so positive its boring, its going well at the moment lets hope we can maintain the results and hopefully be a bit more consistent in performance.
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 19:52   #34
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=JEFF]At least I have put my money where my mouth is by pledging £10.00 for every league game in which we keep a clean sheet. Come on Smiffy & Fearon why not pledge £10.00 for every league game in which we do not keep a clean sheet.[QUOTE]

Jeff maybe i don't want to put a pledge for a clean sheet because it would of cost me a lot of money so far and if you forget I dont work I'm still at school and spend all my money every week on attending the games both home and away......I have put a pledge for Ged Brannan goals and thats cost me already e.g. Daggers

Last edited by Smiffy16; 22-09-2004 at 19:54.
Old 23-09-2004, 07:23   #35
Super Moderator

Anyway, Fearon, you'll be able to judge Stanley's playing style for yourself on Saturday. Oh no, I forgot, you'll be going to watch Burnley, won't you? Never mind, doubtless you'll "know someone who went" - a sound basis indeed for debating the team's prowess so far!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004, 09:07   #36
Resting In Peace

Smiffy - Yes I've been to all the games this season - I've been to all the games for years, I am a life member. I was a junior season ticket holder when Stanley played at Peel Park when they were in the league. I've seen good times and bad times. I would love us to get back into the football league. All I am saying is let's sort the defence out and maybe we can win this league. We all seem to agree that we have a problem with the defence but we only seem to sign strikers and midfielders. As I have said before I am always 100% behind the team I will support them for the whole 90 minutes of every game, I will not critisise any player when the game is in progress, but after the game I will voice my opinion. I would love us to have a clean sheet every game because clean sheets don't lose games, the more it costs me in my pledge the better I will feel. I didn't know you were still at school, if you are, well done for your pledge, let's hope Ged scores a bagfull.

Fearon - You seem to make your decisions after listening to other supporters reports of the games, two people who have watched a game can have entirely different views of that game, you should not really express an opinion unless it is your own opinion. The only game you can express a true opinion of is the Leicester v Burnley game, so why not go on the Burnley forum and discuss that game.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004, 09:14   #37
I am Banned

I do go on the Burnley forum aswell as this one.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004, 09:15   #38
Senior Member+

JEFF well that I can agree on......so I'm not going to argue and we can agree on this....

Come on Stanley and get us top of the league on Saturday...
Old 23-09-2004, 09:16   #39
I am Banned

The game last saturday was the only stanley home game i missed this season
Old 23-09-2004, 09:29   #40
Super Moderator

...until this Saturday coming - and any other Saturday when Burnley are playing at home or away at a venue you can travel to.

And, yes, I know you go on the ClaretsMad forum. What was it you were saying a few weeks ago on there when we were giving Clarets fans a bit of stick over nicking their fans? "Stanley fans are having a go at us." Such loyalty!
Old 23-09-2004, 09:34   #41
I am Banned

Ive looked at the fixtures and i can go to another 10 stanley home games, or would you rather me not give money to the club when i go to watch at these 10 games.
Old 23-09-2004, 09:40   #42
Senior Member+

Woah woah woah

Keep coming on here & KEEP coming to the games

You are very welcome & so are all paying burnley fans who will eventually have red & white blood running through their veins

Jase

PS The Blue Nose Huns inflicted the first defeat on my other football love, Aberdeen FC. Lucky Hun Freaks. They'll always be my second team & Fearon can have us as his second team NO PROBLEM fella

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004, 09:42   #43
I am Banned

I also spent a lot of my time when i was on work experience at the club for 2 weeks. I helped out on the ground during my summer holidays.
Old 23-09-2004, 09:48   #44
Super Moderator

I'd rather you came to all the home games you can do. But don't come on here and start berating real Stanley fans for expressing their concerns about the team. And if you think that the money you pay to watch Stanley play is enough, then don't make spurious pledges.
Old 23-09-2004, 09:57   #45
I am Banned

Well i dont see why people are so concerned when we are in 2nd place. Everyone is entitled to thier own opinions but it doesnt mean i need to agree with them.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..