Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2004, 09:02   #1
Resting In Peace

If we had a defence we would be top of the league

Another game of desparate defending and no organisation. When will we ever learn and get the defence sorted out. Oh well, they saved me a tenner through not keeping a clean sheet.
JEFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 22-09-2004, 09:37   #2
Senior Member+

Re: If we had a defence we would be top of the league

Moan moan moan..........
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 09:38   #3
I am Banned

Thats all he ever does
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 09:41   #4
God Member

It's an observation and some would say a fair one..
Old 22-09-2004, 09:42   #5
Resting In Peace

Do you not think that there is something to moan about after last night's and last Saturday's performances, or are you happy with the way we played. Why don't you look at the performances realisticaly. Do you think that the crowds are going to improve after these sort of performances, no way, and by the way 'If we had a defence we would be top of the league' is a statement not a moan.
Old 22-09-2004, 09:46   #6
God Member

Fearon and smiffy... Why not debate the point he has made with your reasond arguments against his observation rather than just insult.

For example

Rightly or wrongly after one full game and a bit last night I have done a complete turn aroud and would have Smith in from the start.. I stand by my views that he wasn't up to it at the start of the season for whatever reason.. But I think he is now.

Cook is an insperation and can turn a game when he comes on for the last 20/15 or 10 but I dont' think he should be on from the start.. Thats just another opinion based on the games seen.

I have no idea why Rory isn't on from the start for every game.. there could be reasons other than tactics.... fully fit? recoverd from injuries I dunno..
Old 22-09-2004, 09:49   #7
I am Banned

well anyone could say that, Norwich could say IF we had a defence we would win the premiership, so you be realistic and stop ifs and buts. Anyone can say if, Leeds could say IF we had a defence we would not have been relegated.
Fearon1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 09:52   #8
Senior Member+

I agree this is a forum and everyone should have their own opinions...this doesn't mean we have to agree with these opinions........

Everything you said KIPAX commenting on the players eg. Cooky's full game etc i agree on.....

I'm not saying JEFF isnt entitled to his own opinion but for heavens sake lighten up we are second in the league!
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 10:18   #9
Full Member+

We have just played two teams who finished in the relegation zone last year and are favourites to do so again in May. On Saturday, we're playing a team that has won five of their last seven matches. The silly mistakes at the back will have to be stopped for the game or we will be punished far more effectively than in the last two games. With Barnet playing away to Scarborough, we have a good chance of going top of the league on Saturday, but only if the defence play as well as they did before the last four days.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 10:31   #10
God Member

I don't want to tempt fate but when we play the 'better' teams, we do usually raise our game & play a lot better than when we play the teams at the bottom of the league. I'm sure the lads will be up for it on Saturday even though their confidence must have taken a fair old knock last night.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 10:57   #11
I am Banned

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, BUT here goes.

Was at Gravesend last night. Don't want to say to much until I have passed on info to the management team, but unless we can combat three extreamly quick and skillful forwards we will have problems on Saturday.

The good news is their defence is far from convincing and Chris Moore of Dagenham could have scored four! As well as his goal he hit the bar twice and should have had a penalty.

Gravesend also missed numerous gilt edged chances and a 5-3 score would have been more reflective of the game.

Maybe we should be all have more faith in our management team who are trying to blend together the right defensive unit; injuries permitting.
southernred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 11:04   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred
The good news is their defence is far from convincing and Chris Moore of Dagenham could have scored four! As well as his goal he hit the bar twice and should have had a penalty.
Sounds like we could be in for a high scoring game

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernred
Maybe we should be all have more faith in our management team who are trying to blend together the right defensive unit; injuries permitting.
Maybe we all already do have faith in them.. Maybe we just like talking football...

FFS are we only allowed to say nice and pretty things in here without everyone jumping on our backs... what shall we do? talk about knitting and eat prawn butties?
Old 22-09-2004, 11:11   #13
Resting In Peace

Smiffy and Fearon. I am making observations, you say if Norwich had a defence they would win the Premier League, if Norwich had a defence they would win **** all.

We have proved that we can score goals, we must have the best midfield in the league but our defence is not good enough.

I asked you a question - are you happy with the way we played last Saturday and last night or do you not wish to express an opinion in case anybody accuses you of moaning.

Smiffy, Fearon give us your opinion instead of slagging off other people.

Smiffy "moan, moan, moan"
Fearon "Thats all he ever does"

Are you two on here to discuss me, or are you on here to discuss Stanley, and maybe come up with something constructive ? If people took offence to your remarks and stopped posting on this forum there would be nobody left. Can we not have a discussion about Stanley without being personally critisised ?
Old 22-09-2004, 12:33   #14
Resting In Peace

At least I have put my money where my mouth is by pledging £10.00 for every league game in which we keep a clean sheet. Come on Smiffy & Fearon why not pledge £10.00 for every league game in which we do not keep a clean sheet. Fearon - I see you have a good pledge - £500 for an Eric Whalley hat trick - no chance, and £2.00 for every goal Danny Alcock scores (Isn't Danny Alcock our substitute goalkeeper) - not much chance of having to pay anything there then is there.
Old 22-09-2004, 12:49   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad
I don't want to tempt fate but when we play the 'better' teams, we do usually raise our game & play a lot better than when we play the teams at the bottom of the league. I'm sure the lads will be up for it on Saturday even though their confidence must have taken a fair old knock last night.
Exactly, we are going up, say, we are going up

Keep the faith, it could be worse - you could've got beat against Burton last night like Barnet did

Calm down & KEEP THE FAITH (There's not much wrong if we have 19 points after 9 games) Remember where we were last season at this time

There is not much better than us in this league & with luck, hard work, a better standard of refs & an experienced centre half (thats for JEFF) we will be promoted

JASE

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..