Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-01-2005, 08:01   #1
Super Moderator

If you want to go up, bring a friend

John Coleman is asking for more support from the Hyndburn public in the Telegraph. As he says, "If we're going to be able to make additions to the squad, we need the finances coming in through the gates."

Now I know a lot of people keep telling me to give it a rest when I go on about low gates, but I would suggest that everyone really does talk a mate into coming with them next Saturday. It'll boost the morale of the team and also give Coley more readies to play with in the transfer market. Come on, you know it makes sense!
Wynonie Harris is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 31-01-2005, 11:36   #2
I am Banned

Re: If you want to go up, bring a friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris
John Coleman is asking for more support from the Hyndburn public in the Telegraph. As he says, "If we're going to be able to make additions to the squad, we need the finances coming in through the gates."

Now I know a lot of people keep telling me to give it a rest when I go on about low gates, but I would suggest that everyone really does talk a mate into coming with them next Saturday. It'll boost the morale of the team and also give Coley more readies to play with in the transfer market. Come on, you know it makes sense!
lol
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 11:44   #3
Super Moderator

What's so funny about that?
Old 31-01-2005, 11:56   #4
I am Banned

lol
removal-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 13:24   #5
Super Moderator

Interesting signature you've got there, Removal-man. Next time I'm up in Accy, I'll look for a van with "Acts Like a 5-Year Old" on the side.
Old 31-01-2005, 18:07   #6
Senior Member+

There does appear to be the point that Stanley are releasing players either on loan (Hacker for example) or to other clubs permanently. I do not see how increasing the crowds to bring in extra revenue will make that much difference in bringing fresh blood. Both E.W. and J.C. have stated that the club is on a sound financial footing, so if its new players we want/need, then J.C. should approach the chairman and board.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Outback Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2005, 19:25   #7

Thing is though i was one of these friends that was brought to stanley and when i came in unbond season i liked the club and the football but since then i ave brought with me about 5 friend to the games but they never want to come back because they do not enjoy the football that the club has to offer IMHO i think this is a lose lose situation because as the club needs higher gates to afford new players but people will not come and watch some of the crap perfromances that have been laid on in SOME games this season.

SO honestly i dont know what we can do to get higher gates??? except try and make stanley more lively which in all honesty is what the stanley ultras are trying to do KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK LADS and lets all us non ultras help them!!!
It is OUR CLUB that has to pay the bills so lets try and get those extra people through the gates, even persaude the rovers, burnley, man u fans to come to our games when we are away
Old 07-02-2005, 10:34   #8

I've noticed in one or two threads that Steven keeps calling himself a "non-ultra". How can anyone who is as passionate about Stanley as he is not be an Ultra? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't being an Ultra about showing that passion loud and visibly at every match home and away? Seems to me there's nothing stopping you from joining in.
Alice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:38   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alice
I've noticed in one or two threads that Steven keeps calling himself a "non-ultra". How can anyone who is as passionate about Stanley as he is not be an Ultra? Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't being an Ultra about showing that passion loud and visibly at every match home and away? Seems to me there's nothing stopping you from joining in.
You are not wrong Alice, we don't have any formal membership plans so flag waver or not, if you are a passionate Stanley fan then you can be Ultra.......

I saw pensioners (Mal Isherwood was one....) throwing streamers at Halifax

Ultra.....all welcome

The Voice of the Terrace

www.stanleyultras.co.uk

Willie Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2005, 15:48   #10
God Member

Everyone is an ultra.. theres no club. no membership, no joining... so why have an ultras if theres no difference?.. well I cant explain it... BUT IT WORKS you have to admit... A lot of people (including me) dont like the name ultras.. but it works and the match day experience has got better each week.. it wasn't doing before but it is doing now. plus other clubs are taking notice.. stanley ultras get positive recognition on premiership and league websites for the pashion they are generating at games...
Old 07-02-2005, 17:23   #11
Senior Member+

well said kipax

loweiy

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..