Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2017, 15:11   #1
I am Banned

Ifollow

https://www.efl.com/news/2017/may/if...obal-efl-fans/

Another money making scheme from the efl encouraging fans to stay at home and watch, luckily Stanley are not signed up to it
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-06-2017, 16:13   #2
God Member

Re: Ifollow

Must admit wondered what the 'Ifollow' in the thread title was - thought maybe it was a relation if the Gruffalo . . . . . . (I'll get me coat)!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 18:17   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
https://www.efl.com/news/2017/may/if...obal-efl-fans/

Another money making scheme from the efl encouraging fans to stay at home and watch, luckily Stanley are not signed up to it
I doubt that many of the subscribers would have gone to the game anyway as you have to live overseas.

It may be possible to get a dodgy stream if you are tech savvy enough but I would doubt it. Either that or a VPN but who would do that and pay for the game rather than just go.

Stanley don't go with the mediaplayer thingy which sounds like where this came from
deeayess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 18:18   #4
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
I doubt that many of the subscribers would have gone to the game anyway as you have to live overseas.

It may be possible to get a dodgy stream if you are tech savvy enough but I would doubt it. Either that or a VPN but who would do that and pay for the game rather than just go.

Stanley don't go with the mediaplayer thingy which sounds like where this came from
You don't have to be overseas as stated in the article people in this country can also access it
Old 21-06-2017, 19:21   #5

Quote:
You don't have to be overseas as stated in the article people in this country can also access it
That's what they have already. All it is was radio commentary, highlights later on and other guff. I used to subscribe to the Burnley one to get Accy commentary as you get all the games even if it was the opposition commentary. This will have little effect as most happens already

"iFollow will, for the first time in English football, enable EFL fans based outside the UK and Ireland to watch their team during the regular EFL season."

"Fans based in the UK and Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s existing PlayerHD platform"
Old 21-06-2017, 19:31   #6
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeayess View Post
That's what they have already. All it is was radio commentary, highlights later on and other guff. I used to subscribe to the Burnley one to get Accy commentary as you get all the games even if it was the opposition commentary. This will have little effect as most happens already

"iFollow will, for the first time in English football, enable EFL fans based outside the UK and Ireland to watch their team during the regular EFL season."

"Fans based in the UK and Ireland will still also have access to live audio commentary, highlights packages and exclusive content as part of the new offering, rebranded to replace the EFL’s existing PlayerHD platform"
But Ifollow also offers the chance to watch 1500 games live
Old 21-06-2017, 19:34   #7

Quote:
But Ifollow also offers the chance to watch 1500 games live
Only if you live abroad. It already happens with quite a few Scottish clubs. They cannot be shown live in the UK or Ireland.

They won't be shown abroad through this if a proper tv channel is showing it either as some games are also shown abroad but not here already
Old 21-06-2017, 19:44   #8

Quote:
Fans in the UK & Ireland can only access live audio & televised 'highlights' - not live match streaming.
It is clearly intended for the thousands of British expats all over the world who want to follow their own EFL club.
Not all footie loving expats are interested in the Premier League.
If it brings money in for EFL clubs, it can only be a good thing.
We've already got fans in Norway, why not New Zealand or New York?
We need all the international fans we can get.
Seems an opportunity missed if we opt out.
Greger likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2017, 23:05   #9
God Member

From what I can gather ...

We haven't opted out, we just never opted in!

Pretty much all other websites are the same generic claptrap run by 'Realise'. We were instructed or offered the same website in 2006 when we got to the FL but refused as it meant that we had no control over content ... ie sponsorships etc.

It's our own uniqueness and should be celebrated
Old 22-06-2017, 07:46   #10
Super Moderator

Macca and all;

Mine and Mr Jewell's views only:

Ifollow + the EFL Digital (or whatever it's called) has been opted out by ASFC.

14 other EFL clubs have done the same.

It is a subscription based website with a third of the money to the EFL. Those that pay nowt get the absolute basic website; minimal interviews and match highlights plus no commentary

I'm sure one North West Club has 45 subscribers.

We get a share of the profits to be the basic contractual stuff without any massive constraints.
maccawozzagod likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2017, 09:44   #11

The player-thing is really good for listening to away games for only a couple of quid a month given scant coverage on our local radio.
Inspector Morse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 16:22   #12
God Member

must be morecambe.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 10:34   #13
Senior Member+

So can you watch Stanley games live with an IP address proxy and registering with a foreign address?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 10:46   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
So can you watch Stanley games live with an IP address proxy and registering with a foreign address?
Possibly. But would a true fan, who could otherwise attend home games, do that knowing it would be depriving Stanley of much-needed income?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2017, 10:49   #15
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post

must be morecambe.
Give over Morecambe don't have that many fans
monkey hanger likes this.

« friendly's | Oldham »

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..