Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree125Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-08-2019, 11:58   #1

iFollow and Stanley

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Does anyone know if we are now signed up to iFollow and have access to watch any games - home or away - when unable to attend games in person.

There is a link on the website, but when I follow it it says something like "packages will be available here - please check back soon".

I've been checking since the season started but nothing has been added to this page?
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-08-2019, 13:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: iFollow and Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Does anyone know if we are now signed up to iFollow and have access to watch any games - home or away - when unable to attend games in person.

There is a link on the website, but when I follow it it says something like "packages will be available here - please check back soon".

I've been checking since the season started but nothing has been added to this page?
as far as I know Andy Holt is not allowing Stanley to sign upto ifollow
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 14:25   #3

Thanks for that accybeme. I thought that was the case last season but then saw the statement on the ifollow page on the Stanley website. It would make sense to me from a supporter (customer) point of view to make that clear when I clicked on the website link to ifollow.....
Old 19-08-2019, 17:04   #4

We are signing up to I-follow. That is why we have a new compatible website.
Ifollow will be up and running soon.
(for overseas viewers and for midweek matches I think)
stanleyhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 17:39   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanleyhouse View Post
We are signing up to I-follow. That is why we have a new compatible website.
Ifollow will be up and running soon.
(for overseas viewers and for midweek matches I think)
thanks for the info Robert, the last I read Andy was dead against signing up to ifollow. question what will be available on ifollow i.e. would you be able to watch away matches from within the uk

Last edited by accybeme; 19-08-2019 at 17:42.
accybeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2019, 19:25   #6
Senior Member+

There's a good overview of iFollow here:
https://www.theguardian.com/football...ootball-league
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 08:22   #7

Many thanks to you all for your replies.
Old 20-08-2019, 10:07   #8
Full Member+

From what I've seen on Twitter, Andy has been forced to agree to ifollow/the new website setup or face a £30k 'penalty' - though not sure who would penalise us?
Old 20-08-2019, 11:10   #9
God Member

On the EFL’s website it lists those clubs not signed up to iFollow and says this:
“We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic.”
So are all these other clubs to be fined?
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2019, 11:38   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
On the EFL’s website it lists those clubs not signed up to iFollow and says this:
“We are therefore unable to provide subscriptions to fans of Birmingham City, Bristol City, Cardiff City, Charlton Athletic, Derby County, Forest Green Rovers, Fulham, Hull City, Leeds United, Leyton Orient, Middlesbrough, QPR, Salford City, Stoke City, Sunderland, Swansea City and Wigan Athletic.”
So are all these other clubs to be fined?
probably Not, andy tells em the truth, they wont like that.
Old 21-08-2019, 09:49   #11
God Member

Not 100% on this, but I have been told that the 'fine' would be the fact that we would not receive the monies......

Somebody might clarify...

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-2019, 09:45   #12

Yes, there would be monies witheld from the tv and broadcasting revenue
Spartacus2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 03:45   #13
Senior Member+

Doesn’t help Ifollow like the other major sports channels is widely available on illegal servers, further reducing revenue.
Compared to sky sports and BT Sport, the revenue Stanley will lose is pennies but it’s still a loss as no doubt there will be home and away fans who will be watching illegal streams with no funds going to the club via ifollow .

On a wider point, it will be interesting when clubs begin to offer there own home matches direct to fans without the need for a 3rd party aka Ifollow and the EFL taking a large cut of the profits.
Ifollow only offer a centralised market place website and payment procedure; clubs like Stanley could easily emulate if there was enough interest and no nasty EFL regulation stopping them. Costs of infrastructure around streaming games is continuing to get cheaper.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 09:54   #14
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Doesn’t help Ifollow like the other major sports channels is widely available on illegal servers, further reducing revenue.
Compared to sky sports and BT Sport, the revenue Stanley will lose is pennies but it’s still a loss as no doubt there will be home and away fans who will be watching illegal streams with no funds going to the club via ifollow .

On a wider point, it will be interesting when clubs begin to offer there own home matches direct to fans without the need for a 3rd party aka Ifollow and the EFL taking a large cut of the profits.
Ifollow only offer a centralised market place website and payment procedure; clubs like Stanley could easily emulate if there was enough interest and no nasty EFL regulation stopping them. Costs of infrastructure around streaming games is continuing to get cheaper.

Clubs get their own TV money then Stanely die.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2019, 22:15   #15
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

iFollow Stanley is now live and will allow #asfc supporters to follow the action with live audio commentary and video streaming.
The first game to be streamed will be this Saturday’s fixture with
@MKDonsFC

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..