Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-05-2016, 07:32   #1
God Member

'I'm struggling to get over it because...' :

...Today I went to watch a local club rugby game instead of my towns footy team. Unheard of.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-05-2016, 08:24   #2
Beacon of light

Re: 'I'm struggling to get over it because...' :

That is Ok as long as you didn't ENJOY it.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 08:51   #3
God Member

Usually I go into decline when the season ends, no promise of either World Cup or Euro games can make up for having to endure the summer break & I count down the days till the first pre-season friendly but after all the excitement of this season & particularly the emotional rollercoaster of the last few weeks I'm exhausted & actually ready for the break - I must be getting old
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 08:56   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
That is Ok as long as you didn't ENJOY it.
Sadly,I did.
..I need help..especially coz my golf partner turned up and asked me how Accy was going. He genuinely didn't know.
Old 21-05-2016, 09:03   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi John View Post
...Today I went to watch a local club rugby game instead of my towns footy team. Unheard of.
Cool. I hope it was League not Union ! Personally I follow my NWCML team Bolton Mets RLFC over the Wanderers but that's as Rugby League shades it for me ( odd as Bolton's a soccer mad town ) personally. I watch the Mets as often as is practical home or away . Sorry Stanley didn't make it but to the contributor on here who calls em quote " Wanky Wanderers" unquote I have a tiny smile ( does he call Burnley " small town in Yorkshire " too , me thinks ) haha. Yes Stanley continue to make this district known on the map just as much as Accrington brick. Good on the famous Accy Stanley.
Bolton in Ossy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 09:30   #6
God Member

Rugby Union I'm afraid...Rugby League not strong here in the Hawkes Bay.
Old 21-05-2016, 09:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Well i'm watching the test Match n Englands started well, not the same but it helps.
Old 21-05-2016, 10:31   #8
Full Member+

I went to Stanley yesterday and despite all the noise from the " tractors " on the pitch and workmen dismantling the scaffolding , all I could hear was the chanting from Wed night , it was electric and all came flooding back putting lump in my throat.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2016, 17:31   #9
Super Moderator

Football? Don't talk to me about football. After what's happened over the last couple of weeks, I don't want to know about it. Turn over when it comes on telly (not watching the Cup Final at the moment) and refuse to look at the sports pages in the paper. People keep giving me pep talks - "We would've struggled in Div 1.", "We've had a great season anyway.", "Things could be worse - you could be a York fan." but nothing works.

Just hope I've snapped out of it by the time the Preston friendly rolls around!
Old 21-05-2016, 17:39   #10
God Member

Don't roll those bloodshot eyes, Wynonie.
Life goes on.
Wynonie Harris likes this.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 08:06   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Football? Don't talk to me about football. After what's happened over the last couple of weeks, I don't want to know about it. Turn over when it comes on telly (not watching the Cup Final at the moment) and refuse to look at the sports pages in the paper. People keep giving me pep talks - "We would've struggled in Div 1.", "We've had a great season anyway.", "Things could be worse - you could be a York fan." but nothing works.

Just hope I've snapped out of it by the time the Preston friendly rolls around!
thank goodness someone feels the same as me. not interested in who.s been released by who and wondering if they could do a job for us . its like someone has stolen your car and then someone saying well it was old anyway. hope I can get my interest back come august but at the moment I doubt it. may need counciling.
Wynonie Harris and Kiwi John like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 08:35   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hey i aint oer the moon either, but life goes on, sick as a parrot, but still been a magnificent season, roll on next i say, lets see if we can go one better.
Greeny likes this.
Old 22-05-2016, 09:28   #13
Beacon of light

This is not a part of the forum I venture into very often...but I can tell you that with everything that has been going on for our towns team.....excitement followed by bitter disappointment. It is only natural for there to be some feeling of anti clmax....but once you have got bored of the cricket and the other summer time sports I am sure you will all get back into the swing and follow the team with a renewed hope for next season.
They did well(they showed vigour and courage)....and that cannot be argued about.
I will burger off now back to where I belong in the forum.
AccyMad, Outback Ozzy and Greeny like this.
Old 22-05-2016, 10:02   #14
God Member

Thanks Margaret, sure we'll all be fine eventually - Stanley fans have good, natural bouncebackability - we've had to have over the years, think this time it's just gonna take a little longer for some.

P.s.When are next season's fixtures out
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-2016, 10:38   #15
Beacon of light

Yes....and it is part of what makes ASFC such a fine club(in the true sense of the word)....it is what gives the place its unique character.
Good luck for next season!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..