Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2004, 17:39   #1
I am Banned

I'm Worried Abour Rory . . . .

Eight matches into the season and he's obviously not able to give his best for 90 minutes.

There must be an underlying reason, and whatever it is needs to be addressed forthwith.

This man is so fundamental to Stanley's League Football ambitions that a price cannot be put on his full fitness.

Accrington Stanley is now a professional football club ; please let's see a professional approach to the health and fitness of our players.
Henry Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-09-2004, 18:18   #2

Re: I'm Worried Abour Rory . . . .

yes, there must be something wrong and it needs to be addressed soon as rory is really important. However, even though we are now full time, apparently, like after the dagenham game for example, the players are being given days off which doesn't really show that we are taking this seriously does it? I don't actually know if they did have "days off" but if they did, what's the point in being full time?
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:26   #3

Footiegirl do you work ?? Or attend school ?? Do you go everyday to either ?? No I doubt It !! Players have lives outside of football as well you know, like spending time with their loved ones, I serioulsy don't think you thought about the comment you made in which case no hard feelings Shurm
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:35   #4

i DO go to school and i don't get mondays off like the players apparently did. I thought that most people worked monday to friday but sorry to offend u or whatever, it is just something that i though was relavant to them being full time.
Footiegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:37   #5
Senior Member+

they do work saturdays too, and all days most saturdays, it is a difference from the 1 hour twice a week part time jobby.
AccyStanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 18:47   #6

Beat me to it AccyStanFan hehehehe
Shurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 20:07   #7
Senior Member+

And the players trained today (Sunday) too.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2004, 21:19   #8
Full Member+

Coley had promised the players they could choose their own day off if they kept four clean sheets after they lost 5-0 to Stevenage. And with just one game in 10 days, they deserved a break. Let's keep the players fresh, it's a long season and it's not even October yet.

Last edited by Whalley Red; 20-09-2004 at 08:39.
Whalley Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2004, 18:34   #9
Senior Member+

Angry Re: I'm Worried Abour Rory . . . .

Thanks for highlighting an obvious concern Henry;the health and fitness of our key players should not depend finances....surely loyal players deserve to be treated in a professional manner.To expect Rory to carry on playing thru a serious injury is not beneficial to the Club or to his health longterm.What happens if we get another decent Cup run and he is sidelined?
Old 22-09-2004, 20:20   #10
Full Member+

Does he have a serious injury?
Old 23-09-2004, 09:59   #11
Senior Member+

Think it's still his groin injury still was niggling him all pre season and I heard him complaining about it last saturday.....
Smiffy16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2004, 10:12   #12
Full Member+

Groin strains generally requires 2-3 weeks without competitive football, but if it's a hernia, that's more serious. He should get urgent medical treatment if that is the case. We're a full-time club, so this should be different to Dean Calcutt's situation last year, if it requires an operation.
Old 28-09-2004, 19:21   #13
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: I'm Worried Abour Rory . . . .

As you say ,hernias are serious business and need sorting out quickly.Let's hope the powers that be have realised that you cannot expect players to just carry on.
"If you want to see the old Rory Prendergast this needs sorting"

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..