Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree115Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2015, 20:21   #346
I am Banned

Re: Impossible headlines..

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Pathetic in my view, what about the victim? He deserves sod .all, or is it not a serious enough crime?
The victim admitted she was drunk and couldn't remember the whole night, if he really was that guilty surely he would of served his full sentence and not just half
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2015, 21:08   #347
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by st06nc2 View Post
He deserves a second chance
I suppose you will claim that Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris deserve a second chance at the BBC. And if the Beeb won't have them, they could always offer their service to ITV, Sky, etc etc.
cashman likes this.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 21:30   #348
God Member

Quote:
The victim admitted she was drunk and couldn't remember the whole night, if he really was that guilty surely he would of served his full sentence and not just half
Guilty is guilty, i.e proved beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law - really don't think his sentence was shortened just in case he was a little bit innocent
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 23:02   #349
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
I suppose you will claim that Stuart Hall and Rolf Harris deserve a second chance at the BBC. And if the Beeb won't have them, they could always offer their service to ITV, Sky, etc etc.
Who are they?
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 23:36   #350
Senior Member+

Quote:
No, routinely everyone serves half their sentenced time unless they foul up while inside.

Quote:
Who are they?
You have got to be kidding ...... surely?
Old 06-01-2015, 08:49   #351
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimer View Post

You have got to be kidding ...... surely?
I wouldn't be too sure about that either.
Old 06-01-2015, 10:07   #352
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Guilty is guilty, i.e proved beyond reasonable doubt in a court of law
If only that was always the case, Accy Mad. Many, many miscarriages of justice have occured over the years, some of which have cost lives, and not just loss of a livelihood. I'm no cheerleader for Evans but if you read the transcript of his trial you would have to agree that he has a reasonable case for appeal, and that explains why he cannot be expected to apologise to the claimant. There is also the question of evidence which was unavailable at the trial. I.e., postings on Twitter which were deleted by the claimant but which are still showing on servers in the USA
These suggest that she was set on a course of entrapment by "landing a big one this time" and " and "going to get 2 pink Minis".
Redraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:18   #353
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraine View Post
If only that was always the case, Accy Mad. Many, many miscarriages of justice have occured over the years, some of which have cost lives, and not just loss of a livelihood. I'm no cheerleader for Evans but if you read the transcript of his trial you would have to agree that he has a reasonable case for appeal, and that explains why he cannot be expected to apologise to the claimant. There is also the question of evidence which was unavailable at the trial. I.e., postings on Twitter which were deleted by the claimant but which are still showing on servers in the USA
These suggest that she was set on a course of entrapment by "landing a big one this time" and " and "going to get 2 pink Minis".
Whats very hard for me to grasp about this,is the simple fact our "Press" aint latched on to this?? cos that would sell papers!!
Old 06-01-2015, 12:28   #354
I am Banned

40% of the Stanley v Man U useless tickets sold to a man in Brazil according to Peter Marsden.

Not to that Colin Swindelhurst fruit juice fella surely?
DtheP47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 12:33   #355
God Member

Quote:
I know there are many miscarriages of justice Redraine, what got my goat was the suggestion by the poster that Ched Evans' sentence had been reduced because there was some doubt as to his guilt - my point was if there'd been any doubt in the jury's minds he wouldn't have been convicted in the first place.
There maybe some room for controversy in that verdict but until (if) it is overturned I do not think he should be able to return to football - then again I felt the same about Lee Hughes & that goalie, McCormick? & they seem to have been allowed to pursue their careers - indeed I think Hughes thrives on the stick he gets from opposition fans about it, sick in my mind!
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 13:00   #356
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Whats very hard for me to grasp about this,is the simple fact our "Press" aint latched on to this?? cos that would sell papers!!
The press have to be very mindful of the possibility of being in breach of the contempt of court rules in cases which are still under review. Here are the facts as per the court case. Judge for yourself, but make yourself a nice cup of tea and be prepared for a long read!

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-...-chedwyn-evans
Old 06-01-2015, 13:27   #357
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The press have to be very mindful of the possibility of being in breach of the contempt of court rules in cases which are still under review. Here are the facts as per the court case. Judge for yourself, but make yourself a nice cup of tea and be prepared for a long read!

https://www.crimeline.info/case/r-v-...-chedwyn-evans
Well that i aint too sure about either, It aint stopped em wi a far more high profile Royal member of society these last few days,ok it aint a court matter, but yon lot are a damn site more powerful in my view.
Old 06-01-2015, 14:43   #358
Beacon of light

Quote:
There is also the question of evidence which was unavailable at the trial. I.e., postings on Twitter which were deleted by the claimant but which are still showing on servers in the USA
Can it be conclusively proved that she was the author of these postings????
Perhaps it couldn't which would make them inadmissible as evidence.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 16:44   #359
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Can it be conclusively proved that she was the author of these postings????
Perhaps it couldn't which would make them inadmissible as evidence.
I don't know, but read this and make up your own mind:-

Some notes on Lauren Crawford / Ched Evans rape case & Twitter
cashman and Lucysgirl like this.
Old 06-01-2015, 17:05   #360
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Dunno how yeh dug that up mate.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..