Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-11-2006, 22:01   #1
God Member

Improving the bar

The bar has obviously gone down hill this season with respect to takings. The OSC think this is one area where we can really help the club and maybe raise a bit of funds along the way. I would like to see a monthly night organised by our new social club committee (yet to be officially formed) to fill the bar for at least one night a month. Saturday night can usually be discounted and maybe friday because of functions that are booked. But would you go out on a thursday night? Thursday in town has become a good night out recently but there would be nothing to stop you going to our event and then on into town.

What night do you think would be best to maximise attendance?

What or who would you like to see?

It will happen.
Old 01-11-2006, 23:10   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Improving the bar

Think the problem on thursday night is "student night" so may not be everybodys ideal plan and with people working on a friday, whats wrong with booking with the club for a friday or saturday?? doesnt have to be a birthday party does it, if we can get a decent amount of people then why not
Old 02-11-2006, 00:07   #3
God Member

I know it might be boring but quiz nights get people out. If you make it a regular thing you can make a bunch of money - have a raffle as well.
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 07:32   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy
Think the problem on thursday night is "student night" so may not be everybodys ideal plan and with people working on a friday, whats wrong with booking with the club for a friday or saturday?? doesnt have to be a birthday party does it, if we can get a decent amount of people then why not
booking a weekend is not a problem as such, but, the point of the nights would be to increase the bar takings. Any event needs to be publicised and it would be better if it was the same night every time. If we booked a friday or saturday we could potentially be taking away a birthday/christening/wedding. I wouldn't think that 'student night' would affect us too much as most of our fan base (who would attend such events) are slightly older. But it would be good if we held our own event targetting students.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:26   #5

"student night" you're having a laugh!!!
I thought Rob was talking fund raising where people with money contribute to a worthy cause..........
not peniless layabouts talking about which red suits the communist flag the best!!!
stanerlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:36   #6
God Member

I'll give you that one!!
Old 02-11-2006, 09:40   #7

Ultras used to run a games night with trophies. Playstation, Darts, Pool. This was a relative success. Now your asking for ideas. I am finding it hard to understand why you drop a good earner then look for other ideas?
Old 02-11-2006, 09:57   #8

Quote:
Ultras used to run a games night with trophies. Playstation, Darts, Pool. This was a relative success. Now your asking for ideas. I am finding it hard to understand why you drop a good earner then look for other ideas?
that's cause macca is a man of ambition and wants to make things better than before. you live in a time warp!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 10:01   #9
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
that's cause macca is a man of ambition and wants to make things better than before. you live in a time warp!!!
and you live up macca's arse

a proper football club,built on the foundations laid by a true fan..andy dunn notw 08....fantastic !!!
BLACKBURN RAVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:02   #10

So he goes from a night that attracts people and makes money to no night and needing ideas and you think that is better.

Irony is you in a parka listening to northern soul telling me I live in a time warp.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:11   #11

irony is you being a W***** and breathing fresh air!!!! my music has n'owt to do with ASFC or you .
Old 02-11-2006, 10:15   #12

How about a regular Northern Soul night then, at least you'd get 1 old person there, and no students.
Baudelaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 10:19   #13

Quote:
How about a regular Northern Soul night then, at least you'd get 1 old person there, and no students.
Northern Do's attract hundreds. King st was sell out earlier this year so it might not be so bad. Good thought if it stops our above friends coming.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:23   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanerlee
irony is you being a W***** and breathing fresh air!!!! my music has n'owt to do with ASFC or you .
then why have you got it as your avatar you muppet. you shove it in my face then cry when i mention it.
Old 02-11-2006, 10:28   #15

right, you know who i am so come tell me on the terrace cause i'm bored with all this now.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..