Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2021, 19:27   #61
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ipswich home thread

Too manner ******* running the game for me.
Old 02-03-2021, 20:09   #62
God Member

Brave effort but ultimately 10 men cost us ref got Conneelly card colour wrong, always looking for positive,s made Ipswich look nothing special even with a man down 3 players limping off Morgan coming on and a decent shift but injuries piling up and brave Colby battling along for 90 + 11 minutes clearly not fit could barely jump near the end, hope the news on Baxter isn't bad cannot afford to lose him I think rest and relaxation is the format for Saturday, unlucky lads.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 20:35   #63
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
Poor disciplinary record is costing us games.
Not tonight.
Awful decision by the ref. Yellow card offence.
AccyMad, cashman, choirboy and 2 others like this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 20:47   #64
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Not tonight.
Awful decision by the ref. Yellow card offence.
Agree with you Twenty Eight. Second half, even with ten men, we were nearly as good as Ipswich. With eleven I believe that we would have won the match tonight by a couple of goals.
AccyMad likes this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2021, 20:52   #65
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
Agree with you Twenty Eight. Second half, even with ten men, we were nearly as good as Ipswich. With eleven I believe that we would have won the match tonight by a couple of goals.
I concur with that synopsis - couldn't believe all that bad luck happened in one game, hoping that we've used up our share for the rest of the season
cashman, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:14   #66
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I concur with that synopsis - couldn't believe all that bad luck happened in one game, hoping that we've used up our share for the rest of the season
i aint sure di i have had the view for ages that many refs are against stanley, no idea why but thats what i think.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:29   #67
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i aint sure di i have had the view for ages that many refs are against stanley, no idea why but thats what i think.
try to watch games with two hats on. a stanley one and my refs one. whilst fans and players of all teams thing the ref has a downer on them i have got to agree that stanley rarely get the rub of the green from match officials. this little club v big club thing seems to still exist in the game.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 09:32   #68
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
agree with that. everything seemed to go for them and if stanley had gone in at half time with the lead the second half may have been different. holding a lead and trying to get back into the game with 10 men are quite different propositions.
Old 03-03-2021, 09:37   #69
God Member

[QUOTE=monkey hanger;1250980][QUOTE=stanleyhouse;1250963]Lambert leaves Ipswich.

at least that stops me having a dislike for that club.

well stopping my ipswich dislike didn,t last long. who,ll replace the snake when a better offer comes along. barton or fatty evens i suppose.
Old 03-03-2021, 10:29   #70

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Seems ilogical they committed more fouls than us but only got 1 yellow to our 3 yellows + a red!
I smell a conspiracy!
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 10:35   #71
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
Seems ilogical they committed more fouls than us but only got 1 yellow to our 3 yellows + a red!
I smell a conspiracy!
bit like at the wham where the ref seems to let things go with both sides then decidedes to clamp down. we get the yellow card first. then the other one when the opposition are committing loads of petty fouls. how many times have we said that he,ll book a stanley player next and been proved right. at times we are not as street wise as others on the pitch.
Old 03-03-2021, 21:35   #72

Maybe we have got a major discipline problem with too much back chat to refs. Coley admits he has told the players that only the captain should be speaking to the referee and assistant referee's. But I saw at least 6 occassions in this game where....Hughes, McConville, Nottingham and Smyth were gobbing off at the referee during the game......all players upset with decisions I'm sure...but they couldn't keep quiet. We all know referee's very rarely change their minds once a decision has been made....so why continue...Maybe we have got a poor reputation in refereeing circles......they no doubt all talk amongst themselves.....?
cashman and andyd like this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 08:55   #73
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Grounder View Post
Maybe we have got a major discipline problem with too much back chat to refs. Coley admits he has told the players that only the captain should be speaking to the referee and assistant referee's. But I saw at least 6 occassions in this game where....Hughes, McConville, Nottingham and Smyth were gobbing off at the referee during the game......all players upset with decisions I'm sure...but they couldn't keep quiet. We all know referee's very rarely change their minds once a decision has been made....so why continue...Maybe we have got a poor reputation in refereeing circles......they no doubt all talk amongst themselves.....?
doubt stanley are any worse than others. its just human nature to say stuff when you feel something has gone against you. if talking back was deemed detrimental to the side gillingham should be propping up the league with evans and his gobby mate giving officials real grief. imagine when officials see they have a gillingham game it could be looked at as an added reason to get things spot on to keep em quiet. think the changing rooms may have em having this down on stanley more than the players. from a personal point of view i have always started a game with a better impression of a side with good facilities than one where it is under par. thats not saying i,m biased but you never know at the end of the day that subcontiously you are.
cashman and andyd like this.
Old 04-03-2021, 10:05   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
doubt stanley are any worse than others. its just human nature to say stuff when you feel something has gone against you. if talking back was deemed detrimental to the side gillingham should be propping up the league with evans and his gobby mate giving officials real grief. imagine when officials see they have a gillingham game it could be looked at as an added reason to get things spot on to keep em quiet. think the changing rooms may have em having this down on stanley more than the players. from a personal point of view i have always started a game with a better impression of a side with good facilities than one where it is under par. thats not saying i,m biased but you never know at the end of the day that subcontiously you are.
Roll on November then, when the main stand developement may be nearing completion.
andyd likes this.
Crown Grounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:18   #75
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
from a personal point of view i have always started a game with a better impression of a side with good facilities than one where it is under par. thats not saying i,m biased but you never know at the end of the day that subcontiously you are.
When dining out , from a personal point of view I have always started a meal with a better impression of a restaurant with good facilities than one which is under par.... but then I am terribly biased MH !.

As kindred spirits then, do we both share the theory that our feelings towards life events , including those football based could well be driven by some subconscious thoughts ?...

Do you know what MH ? , Sigmund Freud would have been happy to know that two posts on a simple football website supported his thinking !.

Now, I'm going to take my medication and then analyse the Manager's notes on the Gillingham FC website !

Stay safe and well !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..