Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree61Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2021, 12:12   #76
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Ipswich home thread

glad we are appealing seamus red, people can say what they want about him. but he has NEVER been a clogger in my eyes its got to be one of the stupidest mistakes ever giving him a red in my eyes.
choirboy likes this.
Old 04-03-2021, 13:56   #77

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
think the changing rooms may have em having this down on stanley more than the players. from a personal point of view i have always started a game with a better impression of a side with good facilities than one where it is under par. thats not saying i,m biased but you never know at the end of the day that subcontiously you are.
Hope you're listening Mr Holt?
Gold plated taps, free shampoo & 3-ply bog roll in the new officials changing room please.
yonmon likes this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:32   #78
God Member

If and it is a big if, it was due to the state of the place and the facilities, then we would not have this issue in games away from home?!

One of the games that Coley was aggrieved about was Crewe the other week...... away from home.

I am not saying that our facilities are anything more than acceptable, but the one thing that I know - and have witnessed on many occasions - is that the match officials do not have any issue whatsoever with the welcome and hospitality they receive at Stanley

I would even go as far as to say that some look forward to coming (unless it has changed in the last few years!)

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:38   #79
Super Moderator

Ladies and Gents;

Due to Covid we have upgraded the away teams changing area into a new portacabin near the dressing rooms. This can be clearly seen as Paul Smyth crosses the ball for Dion's goal on the highlights.

As a result of this the away dressing room wasn't being used so the match officials have been using this facility all season. Every team of match officials has complemented us on what facilities they are being offered and the warm Whambley welcome.

Really frustrating when we have poor decisions go against us.

To me, no point in having a go at refs, as what is certain is they'll be meeting up with you again and their decision is final during the game
pifco and andyd like this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 15:39   #80
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
If and it is a big if, it was due to the state of the place and the facilities, then we would not have this issue in games away from home?!

One of the games that Coley was aggrieved about was Crewe the other week...... away from home.

I am not saying that our facilities are anything more than acceptable, but the one thing that I know - and have witnessed on many occasions - is that the match officials do not have any issue whatsoever with the welcome and hospitality they receive at Stanley

I would even go as far as to say that some look forward to coming (unless it has changed in the last few years!)

Joe;

Spot on; nothings changed. Officials atcually ask to be sent to Accy
andyd likes this.
Mr T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 16:35   #81
God Member

Great news - Seamus's red card has been overturned, just a shame we can't get the 70 odd minutes back that we had to play without him
cashman, yonmon, choirboy and 2 others like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 16:59   #82
Full Member+

So how about Ipswich playing with ten men when we play at their ground...I wish
choirboy likes this.
Greeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 17:05   #83
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Great news - Seamus's red card has been overturned, just a shame we can't get the 70 odd minutes back that we had to play without him
that ref should be punished for it but hardly likely.thing is if J.C. had really kicked off about it he would be thats for sure.a manager hardly dare say anything to these knobs but i can.

Last edited by cashman; 04-03-2021 at 17:08.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 17:34   #84
God Member

In the good or bad old days before they started changing rules every season a foul in the box if given was a penalty cards yellow or red in my mind should be for dangerous challenges or persistent fouling through the game this new flag up for offside waiting for player to touch ball is an absolute nonsense and must make a refs job harder than it needs to be, in Seamus case this double jeapordy rule brought in 5 seasons ago I believe only counts if the ref didn't think the foul was intentional confusing or what not defending the ref who sent Seamus off but the rules are confusing and getting worse it should have been penalty save get on with it 11 players each ruined the game.
cashman likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 18:32   #85
God Member

The rules may be confusing but shouldn't be for a full time professional, premier standard referee surely? After all, his sacking wasn't about his refereeing ability - the rules change in my job, but it's also my job to keep up with those changes or face the consequences
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 18:40   #86
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
The rules may be confusing but shouldn't be for a full time professional, premier standard referee surely? After all, his sacking wasn't about his refereeing ability - the rules change in my job, but it's also my job to keep up with those changes or face the consequences
its the same in any industry as far as i know, yeh got to keep up with things or pay the price, these people are immune.yet people like him could cause a manager to lose his job yet no comeback on them its ridiculous.

Last edited by cashman; 04-03-2021 at 18:42.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 19:35   #87
God Member

Coley called it in the interview after the game!!

The ref made a mistake, thank goodness he is only a ref..............

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
VALAIRIAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 20:06   #88
Senior Member+

Quote:
Well said Di.
Seamus went for the ball and wasn't “lazy” as was suggested.
Hardly justice for the club but justice for Seamus.
On to the next one ..... first name on the teamsheet.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 06:57   #89
God Member

Quote:
That's my point agree they should know the rules but it's quite obvious that in all levels of the elite game they are consistently getting things wrong they can't even get things or agree on wether it's a right or wrong decision with VAR, offside,s because your fingernails are over the line constant fiddling with the rules are in my opinion ruining the game and not making officials jobs any easier.
Old 05-03-2021, 07:02   #90
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Conneelly not sure it was a red card but it was a tired legs tackle.
The right decision this is what I said has it happened was a penalty and never a red Seamus has been cleared and hope he has a good game Saturday.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..