Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2019, 21:56   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Itma !!.. A gillingham thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
the joke was she was the best of the three officials out there. softest ref i have seen for awhile and the other lino only got involved with seans stupid caution incident. just what you want against a steve evans side who are always masters of the holding, pushing and shoving stuff.
I fully agree about the poor refereeing Monkey Hanger. Predictable ‘spoiling’ tactics from a Steve Evans side but the referee just allowed them to get away with it time after time. He didn’t show a yellow card to a Gillingham player until virtually the end of the match! He awarded 24 free kicks against Gills players, there should have been many more. The match was a very poor spectacle in terms of entertainment largely because of the constant attempts at foul play and so many free kicks which totally disrupted the flow of the game.
The referee only booked three players and probably went home thinking that he’d had a ‘good match’.
AccyMad, yonmon and monkey hanger like this.
Accrington Web
Old 29-10-2019, 09:49   #47
God Member

after the first few minutes it was obvious what their tactics were. if i put my referees hat on and not my stanley one i still would have cautioned a couple of their lot in the first 20 minutes would have made the game more enjoyable and easier for him. would it have changed the final result though is another question.
choirboy likes this.
Old 29-10-2019, 12:19   #48
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Evans teams have always played that way cos he knows with the poor standard of refs, in the main they can get away with it imho.
choirboy and monkey hanger like this.
Old 29-10-2019, 18:23   #49
Senior Member+

Unhappy Re: Itma !!.. A gillingham thread !.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkey hanger View Post
true. pritchard and charles should have been on 10 minutes earlier for me and most around me. coley is either stubborn or hasn,t learned this substitute lark yet. its not as if others do not make more timely substitutions.

Even Steve Evans , that paragon of dubious football tactics !, made three timely substitutions , who unlike Carvallo had time to make an impact on the game !.
Sometimes I despair !..
Revived Red and monkey hanger like this.
Old 30-10-2019, 08:38   #50
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
[/B]

Even Steve Evans , that paragon of dubious football tactics !, made three timely substitutions , who unlike Carvallo had time to make an impact on the game !.
Sometimes I despair !..
i despair in nearly every game i go to at stanley because of this. the main reason i did not renew my season ticket this season. get totally fed up looking to see any movement on the bench. got to be a standing joke around me as the 85th minute seems the time for any action.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..