Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree50Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-10-2019, 23:10   #1
Senior Member+

Itma !!.. A gillingham thread !.

ITMA...!

As well as welcoming another home win for the Reds tomorrow, I am more than certain that Gillingham's Manager.. the only Man to have had more clubs than Colin Montgomery !... Will be welcomed with open arms by many Stanley stalwarts as he wobbles along to the away dugout !.

Seriously, we meet another side who I am sure JC will prepare for with respect, and look forward to more of the great football which we all witnesed last Saturday !.

As for Steve Evans ?.. I didn't mean it... honestly ??. 🤔🤔😎😎

ON STANLEY!.. ON !!.
choirboy likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 26-10-2019, 05:51   #2
God Member

Re: Itma !!.. A gillingham thread !.

Quite an amount of water coming/come down in the last few days.... first real test for our new pitch

choirboy likes this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 26-10-2019, 08:28   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

no doubt at all to me the sprinklers will be on.
Leylandii and choirboy like this.
Old 26-10-2019, 08:54   #4
Super Moderator

Pitch is fine, Coppice Terrace is rather wet, but we'll close that if it's still raining at kick off
cashman and choirboy like this.
Old 26-10-2019, 09:11   #5
Senior Member+

Andy and Buzzer tweeted that the pitch is looking great and drains are working well.
Forecast is for more rain this morning but easing off a lot from noon.
Before Andy spent the £300k on the pitch and retaining walls the match would have definitely been called off IMHO.
Well done and massive thanks Andy.

COME ON STANLEY.
Back to winning ways today after the ‘Blip’ on Wednesday.
cashman, yonmon and chevyfire like this.
Old 26-10-2019, 10:40   #6
God Member

C’mon the Reds.
You need to give Kiwi John some consolation today!
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 26-10-2019, 12:31   #7
Full Member+

You do mean Sunday yonmon ?
Old 26-10-2019, 15:07   #8
God Member

C'mon u reds..I'm grieving, cheer me up..
Old 26-10-2019, 15:19   #9
God Member

&*iuywr$#%$%iu&^&^%$@%^%$^%*ui^*&^@%$%#**&^*&^%^$! #
Old 26-10-2019, 16:03   #10
God Member

For various reasons couldn't make it today another home defeat by a club near us in the league Coleman said he doesn't like changing his starting 11 much that's ok when your winning and towards the top end of the table, why have such a big squad then are they good enough we are close to the bottom Bolton points deducted Southend look worse than us but the other bottom 3 spot is wide open we need some form soon.
Old 26-10-2019, 16:04   #11
God Member

I wouldn't want to be around me today.
Old 26-10-2019, 16:08   #12

Not sure, how we lost that one. Luck wasn't on our side along with a lack of preditory striking (I am hoping baker-richardson can be the answer) and discipline regards being onside. We created far more than the gills although the Kent team I felt always had a goal in them. Atmosphere was a bit flat in the Clayton end today, we need to be that 12th Man to Scrabble the points for another season of league 1. I felt we needed a bit of quality as well as the endeavour unfortunately we did have quite enough quality and luck today to get us the points.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
AccyMad likes this.
Old 26-10-2019, 16:26   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Gills have to be the worst side i have seen at the Wham this season, no doubt at all,felt our side shoulda been freshened up long before football genius did, but thats nowt new. gills keeper did make 3 really good stops i thought.the correct MoM was chosen mind wasn't much to pick from today,the lineswoman should have stopped at home and done the ironing for all the use she was.
choirboy and accytom18 like this.
Old 26-10-2019, 16:32   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyfire View Post
Not sure, how we lost that one. Luck wasn't on our side along with a lack of preditory striking (I am hoping baker-richardson can be the answer) and discipline regards being onside. We created far more than the gills although the Kent team I felt always had a goal in them. Atmosphere was a bit flat in the Clayton end today, we need to be that 12th Man to Scrabble the points for another season of league 1. I felt we needed a bit of quality as well as the endeavour unfortunately we did have quite enough quality and luck today to get us the points.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk
Courtney has some qualities he comes from an expremier club but will he (going back to my previous thread) be selected I fear not.
Old 26-10-2019, 17:11   #15
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferret man View Post
You do mean Sunday yonmon ?
Posted on Friday night FM !... I suppose I could have fast forwarded and said 'today ' rather than 'tomorrow ' !
But if it had been tomorrow or Sunday then everyone would know what was going to happen in the afternoon and hence been better prepared for all that really happened today as opposed to tomorrow when I would have been able to post something about today not tomorrow which would have taken us into Monday,.. and Stanley never play on a Monday anyway !... just a thought !.

But apart from all that , did you enjoy the game today and have you any analysis to pass on to me to read and digest and help me to while away a long and cold October evening ?.

Keep em coming !.. VBW !. 😎
choirboy and ferret man like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..