Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-02-2015, 07:51   #46
Senior Member+

Re: Its the..CHELTENHAM match thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Could or should have either moved Conneely or taken him off altogether,please don't tell me Lidds isn't an attacking fullback and Piero became a lot more ineffective moved back even though he played well and his assist was fantastic.
Can't agree there John.Thought the fullback had the measure of Pierro in the first half and was forced inside and back a lot.
When he dropped deeper (fullback) he had more space and was outstanding and linked up with Windass who went right as well.
You know I like Lidds,and can only assume he carried the can for conceding possession which led to a goal the other week (harsh if that was the reason as others have made individual mistakes as well )
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-02-2015, 08:09   #47
Senior Member+

Only one question......
Was the Scott Davies roll out to Rob Atkinson, then directly via his boot to the head of their tall and BIG No.4...really preplanned ??.
If so, it failed in every respect !...
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 09:57   #48
Senior Member+

Atkinson had a stinker
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 10:16   #49
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

I said that last night after the match.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:20   #50
Senior Member+

Just one more question !..

Is Andrew Proctor not fully fit ?.....or is Anno Domini catching up with him ??.
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 10:26   #51
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post

Is Andrew Proctor not fully fit ?.....or is Anno Domini catching up with him ??.
To be honest,whilst he always gives 100%, I think its already caught up wi him.
Old 21-02-2015, 10:37   #52
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
To be honest,whilst he always gives 100%, I think its already caught up wi him.
Thought him and Joycy did well last night and helped pin them back for long periods,both give it everything,although if we held an higher line we would be in their half !!!
Old 21-02-2015, 10:45   #53
Senior Member+

Quote:
Only one question......
Was the Scott Davies roll out to Rob Atkinson, then directly via his boot to the head of their tall and BIG No.4...really preplanned ??.
If so, it failed in every respect !...
To be fair Yonmon i think we tried to stretch them with diagonal balls as they were compact and narrow and it didn't happen for him last night.
its the lack of pace that's more of a worry when he gets taken wide.
Hes good in central areas but struggles when dragged wide of the 18 yard lines and if your fullback attacks that's were the space is left and its happened a lot recently.
Old 21-02-2015, 11:20   #54
Senior Member+

Quote:

Dan Jewell confirmed before the game on radio Lancashire, that Proctor hadnt trained all week due to a knock but was declared fit to play.

He did well to last 90 minutes.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 11:32   #55
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Dan Jewell confirmed before the game on radio Lancashire, that Proctor hadnt trained all week due to a knock but was declared fit to play.

He did well to last 90 minutes.
If thats correct, then would it not have been wiser to keep fer Burton?
Old 21-02-2015, 12:22   #56
Senior Member+

I thought alot of our players didnt turn up last night , wether thats due to tiredness or no effort im not sure! Just seemed like a loss of winning spirit!

If Dean Winnard wasnt athletic he wouldn't play in the football league , his contribution is terrible! Unless its a 2 yard pass he cant make one! Last night him and also the terrible Atkinson got the ball, moved a few yards ( even though there was no cheltenham player in our half) and just launched it hoping it would go to a red shirt! Seriously how can you be a proffesional football player in the football league and do that? What do they do all week? I see better passers of the ball on a sunday!!! They have no idea of how to move up the pitch as like i said, no cheltenham players in our half yet the crowd are shouting them to push up yet its the same old rubbish of a hoof ball! It really baffles me!

Its quite clear now also this new guy from Sligo cant cut it yet in the football league so why we are playing him instead of Liddle il never know!

Windass is playing some good football, hes getting used to the football league and whats needed and hes showing some good glimpses of skill and pace but yet like anyone learning their trade in the football league he doesn't make the right decision and if he does its far too slow!

The Argentinian Messi was off the pace and should of at least hit the target with his chance but another one who looked tired!

Proctor looks like all these regular games are catching up on him and had a very poor game but not at all surprising if it being right about not training all week.

Luke Joyce had a poor game also, forvever going sideways and seemed also to look tired. Wish he'd just lift his head sometimes and run forward with the ball sometimes then always look back! Gave away far too many balls last night and his passing for a man whos in their to pick the right balls out and keeping it all ticking over was poor!

Piero again was superb! Right mid , Left mid, Right back, wherever you want Piero to play he will put 100% in and delivers the goods! His touch is superb and his crosses, well look at last night, another great ball in which resulted in a goal! Need to give him the ball again and he just brings things alive with his running at defenders and sticking great crosses in the box!

McCarten did well when he came on and a great goal but fizzled out in the end!

Thought Kal did alright at left back when he came on but i think hes lost the knack of running and taking on defenders! Lack of confidence at the minute with that lad!

Big Terry upfront did well first half but i knew with it being his last club they would know how to mark him and mark him they did well! He didnt get a sniff in the second half and during it i thought he had gone off!

Was a poor game all round and the officials are getting more poor every game! Cheltenham arnt the worst team ive seen all season but we should be beating them with our good form at the minute and with them on a downwards spiral!

Onto Tuesday now and i hope the club push to get a bigger crowd then last night! WHERE ARE YOU THE PEOPLE OF ACCRINGTON?
cashman likes this.

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 12:29   #57
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Most of that i can agree wi FC. Although a little harsh on Dino, who fer me is our best stopper by a country mile, True his distribution is far from the best, but fer me a defenders main job is to defend.
Old 21-02-2015, 12:45   #58

Note how everyone is calling up the CB's for a poor performance... remember they spent a lot of the game as the only defenders in a Stanley shirt! Naismith and Mingoia pushing forward meant Deano and Atkinson got stretched more than they would have liked to have been.

What I couldn't grasp was why we persisted with the long ball. Gornell has been fantastic for us but was getting wrestled off the ball by their CB's and the ref was giving us nothing for the shoves and pulling of shirts. By all means leave him on the pitch as he'll tie up their defenders but when you have McCarten,Naismith, Windass, Bruna and Mingoia on the pitch at the same time get the bloody short passes going - we could have tied them in knots!
football19 likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2015, 13:00   #59
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Why are people not supposed to say if someone played poor sam? The distribution was bloody awful in general by em last night. Don't matter what. if yeh got a bit of of time a decent pass aint asking much.
Old 21-02-2015, 13:07   #60
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
I thought alot of our players didnt turn up last night , wether thats due to tiredness or no effort im not sure! Just seemed like a loss of winning spirit!

If Dean Winnard wasnt athletic he wouldn't play in the football league , his contribution is terrible! Unless its a 2 yard pass he cant make one! Last night him and also the terrible Atkinson got the ball, moved a few yards ( even though there was no cheltenham player in our half) and just launched it hoping it would go to a red shirt! Seriously how can you be a proffesional football player in the football league and do that? What do they do all week? I see better passers of the ball on a sunday!!! They have no idea of how to move up the pitch as like i said, no cheltenham players in our half yet the crowd are shouting them to push up yet its the same old rubbish of a hoof ball! It really baffles me!

Its quite clear now also this new guy from Sligo cant cut it yet in the football league so why we are playing him instead of Liddle il never know!

Windass is playing some good football, hes getting used to the football league and whats needed and hes showing some good glimpses of skill and pace but yet like anyone learning their trade in the football league he doesn't make the right decision and if he does its far too slow!

The Argentinian Messi was off the pace and should of at least hit the target with his chance but another one who looked tired!

Proctor looks like all these regular games are catching up on him and had a very poor game but not at all surprising if it being right about not training all week.

Luke Joyce had a poor game also, forvever going sideways and seemed also to look tired. Wish he'd just lift his head sometimes and run forward with the ball sometimes then always look back! Gave away far too many balls last night and his passing for a man whos in their to pick the right balls out and keeping it all ticking over was poor!

Piero again was superb! Right mid , Left mid, Right back, wherever you want Piero to play he will put 100% in and delivers the goods! His touch is superb and his crosses, well look at last night, another great ball in which resulted in a goal! Need to give him the ball again and he just brings things alive with his running at defenders and sticking great crosses in the box!

McCarten did well when he came on and a great goal but fizzled out in the end!

Thought Kal did alright at left back when he came on but i think hes lost the knack of running and taking on defenders! Lack of confidence at the minute with that lad!

Big Terry upfront did well first half but i knew with it being his last club they would know how to mark him and mark him they did well! He didnt get a sniff in the second half and during it i thought he had gone off!

Was a poor game all round and the officials are getting more poor every game! Cheltenham arnt the worst team ive seen all season but we should be beating them with our good form at the minute and with them on a downwards spiral!

Onto Tuesday now and i hope the club push to get a bigger crowd then last night! WHERE ARE YOU THE PEOPLE OF ACCRINGTON?
FC Interesting comments !!,wasn't going to comment but it did make me smile.
it was Deans 250th game last night,not bad for someone who cant play !!
On to last nights game,and i am interested how other people view the game
how many headers do you think he lost during the game ?.
what do you think his "pass completion"was for over 15 yard passes.
how many tackles/challenges did he lose?
How many times did he get rinsed?,indeed how many times this season?
How many clearances did he make from crosses?
He is athletic and his style is not pleasing on the eye !!,but very effective.
How would you prefer your defenders to be ?.
i accept everyone has an opinion but curious how you form it.
I have most of the stats for the above but am interested how you saw it
baldy likes this.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..