Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 20:27   #16

Not convinced by Leam but today's result shouldnt have any bearing - away against top of the league we never had a chance
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2013, 23:08   #17

Re: It's Time For Change NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
Not convinced by Leam but today's result shouldnt have any bearing - away against top of the league we never had a chance
I agree, todays result should have no bearing on how we should judge our manager, but 2 wins, 5 draws and 8 loses from the last 15 games should
Old 03-02-2013, 02:23   #18
Full Member+

So by the reckoning of a few on this thread, Coley would come in and wave his magic wand and all will be well????

Get real !!

I know Coleman worked a minor miracle to get us where we are now, but these aren't "his players" and they don't play " his way".

I don't think Coleman would do anything different than Leam would try now. Silk purse, sow's ear and all that, but I doubt that sacking Leam / relieving him of his duties or him stepping down will dramatically change things.

As one poster put it on another thread "burying heads in the sand". Well.....mine's well above the sand pal....With our budget and crowds...if Leam steers us to 22nd spot this term, given the last 18 months and all the upheaval... thats as good as winning the conference.

Some folk on here expect miracles. Fair enough, Coleman got us here. But HE decided that he'd had enough and went to 'Dale. Coleman's body language in the last six months of his tenure convinced me that in his mind, he'd done about as much as he felt he could.

And finally, emotions have a big part to play in following football, but for crying out loud....we played 86 minutes against a side at the top of the league. A side with resources and the sort of financial clout we could only dream about. We kept it level till half time.Second half, the extra man told.

To me, nothing Leam can do about a man getting binned with a red card after four minutes.I wonder if the doubters noticed the lads who scored against us today??? Two players with vast experience, who are no doubt are on more money per week combined than we can pay the majority of our lads for the same period.

Oh, hang on....I forgot that we have a god given right to dominate League 2 with an average home support of around 1100 !!! Silly me!!!!

Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:22   #19
Mog

Stevensons pen vChipstead « Invictastats.com??.

Dont know if this link will show. But this young man has so much confidence in his own abillities he should be looked at.
Old 03-02-2013, 07:49   #20

a good penalty for sure, but could he cope with the pressure of the big crowds at The Store-First Stadium?

This ain't Folkestone, y'know
Old 03-02-2013, 08:54   #21
Mog

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadsworthcloud View Post
a good penalty for sure, but could he cope with the pressure of the big crowds at The Store-First Stadium?

This ain't Folkestone, y'know
This lad was at Millwall academy at 15 to 18. then at Nike academy for a year. The problem was Millwall run out of cash and I bought him home. But he was on loan to wolves for a short while. He was and still holds the record for the fastest schoolboy to run the 100 m in Kent and he has played to crowds a lot bigger than Accrington. I fact Maidstone are at Folkestone next Saturday. Expect a capacity turnout. As a sportsman he is one of the fittest lads I know. Similar to Young Lennon from Spurs. Also Phil,s cousin is Marlon Devonish. Olympic gold medalist in 4 x 100m. I am not trying to sell him, just wanted to show him off. Thats all. By the way he scored another penalty yesterday at Tooting and Michem. Folkestone won 5.0.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:00   #22
Senior Member+

Can we dispel the myth of ' the current squad are not coley's signings and wont play for him'

May I suggest you speak to some of the players, they would walk over hot coals for coley.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:18   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can we dispel the myth of ' the current squad are not coley's signings and wont play for him'

May I suggest you speak to some of the players, they would walk over hot coals for coley.
O.K. so what yer basically claiming is those players have no loyalty,sounds just like you to me, are yeh sure yer not sat looking in the mirror when yeh typed that?
Tommy McQueen, jaysay and smobile like this.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:31   #24
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post

Not many of the present squad actually know Coley. And I don't recall anyone saying they would not play for him. What people are saying is that it would be no different if he were in charge. I, for one, think it would be worse. As Carpon said, Coleman's body language - and sometimes words - towards the end of his tenure indicated that his heart was no longer with Stanley.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:43   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Not many of the present squad actually know Coley. And I don't recall anyone saying they would not play for him. What people are saying is that it would be no different if he were in charge. I, for one, think it would be worse. As Carpon said, Coleman's body language - and sometimes words - towards the end of his tenure indicated that his heart was no longer with Stanley.
Think most people could see that,sad but true.
Old 03-02-2013, 18:27   #26
Senior Member+

We all know Coleman doesn't have a magic wand but it's the dead truth that John Coleman is a far better manager than Liam Richardson! If we have any chance of staying up then a change is needed! Colemans dream was to get Accrington to the football league! So you think he'd let that drop ? He'd do anything in his power to keep us up and he knows most of the players.. Liam isn't a football manager and Is slowly sinking the ship! I feel extremely sorry for him as he's genuine , honest , loves the club etc but he's not a manager at this moment in time!

Old 03-02-2013, 19:24   #27
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by fc:stanley View Post
We all know Coleman doesn't have a magic wand but it's the dead truth that John Coleman is a far better manager than Liam Richardson! If we have any chance of staying up then a change is needed! Colemans dream was to get Accrington to the football league! So you think he'd let that drop ? He'd do anything in his power to keep us up and he knows most of the players.. Liam isn't a football manager and Is slowly sinking the ship! I feel extremely sorry for him as he's genuine , honest , loves the club etc but he's not a manager at this moment in time!
For a start, I wonder if you could do Leam the favour of spelling his name correctly. I would question several of your statements. Firstly, I believe it was Eric Whalley's dream to Stanley into the Football League - and he provided the funds for JC. Secondly, it is unfair to say JC is a far better manager than Leam. What would JC have done yesterday that Leam did not do? Read Dan's commentary again - it could hardly be more laudatory. Thirdly, it is simply untrue to say "he knows most of the players". Just count up those in the squad that he does know - it is barely one third of them.
Old 03-02-2013, 21:12   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revived Red View Post
Just count up those in the squad that he does know - it is barely one third of them.
Rommy Bocoplayed for Luke Joyceplayed for Peter Murphyplayed for Padraig Amondplayed for Dean Winnardplayed for Ian Dunbavinplayed for Craig Lindfieldplayed for Will Hatfieldplayed for Charlie Barnettplayed for Marcus Carverplayed for Andrew Dawberplayed for Mark Hugheshasn't played for Nicky Hunthasn't played for Laurence Wilsonhasn't played for Lee Molyneuxhasn't played for Michael Liddlehasn't played for George Millerhasn't played for James Beattiehasn't played for James Grayhasn't played for Aidan Chippendalehasn't played for Luke Clarkhasn't played for Bohan Dixonhasn't played for Paul Rachubkahasn't played for Tom Eckersleyhasn't played forCameron Belfordhasn't played for Toto NsialagoneRob AtkinsongoneKarl SheppardgonePierro MingoiagoneDarren SchofieldgoneJack SampsongoneMatty WhichelowgoneOsayamen OsawegoneRyan Watsongone

11 have played for him (or like Carver and Dawber were in the Youth set-up whilst he was here)
14 haven't played for him, but thats not to say they don't know him (Coley chased Hughes for years and will probably know Dixon from Scouse circles)

Not that it matters as you couldn't imagine that they wouldn't play for him, its their job.

The thing you get by changing managers is a new impetus, players trying to impress the new guy coming in. You get a fresh wind blowing through. It doesn't work for everybody who tries to change the manager to avoid relegation, but of those clubs who do suddenly find a vein of form it's usually due to a new guy coming in.

I agree that he shouldn't be hung out to dry after playing top of the league with ten men, but there are some hefty looking, loseable games coming up and it isn't going to get any easier for Leam.

At this moment in time we can't even see a goal coming let alone a win, what can you change if not the manager? He needs to get all his senior players fit and on the pitch because the last ten games of this season will not only make or break him as a manager but possibly us as a club.
jaysay likes this.

Last edited by maccawozzagod; 03-02-2013 at 21:16.
Old 04-02-2013, 14:25   #29
Senior Member+

All the players are pros,so to say they would up there game for Coley is myth.
The first half showed how hard they were prepared to work for Leam.
Its all down to putting the ball in the net, last eleven games F-4 A19,
same period last season,F-18 A14,Season before F-16 A17.
Defence is very much the the same,but we are just not scoring-simple as !!!.
How will Coley get them scoring?,as out of 11 games,we have failed to score in 6.
We created chances against Port Vale and Plymouth,but the glaring short fall is the lack of pace.
Apart from possibly Bocco,who in the front six will hurt the opposition?,so we are trying to go long and get on the second ball,or pass our way thro.
Its just not working at present,and needs to be worked on.
Corners and set-pieces are over complicated,and our most profitable move,step-over to edge of area hasnt been used.
I am behind Leam,but i think he needs some decent loans,with pace to get us back on the front foot.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:22   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
Thanks For your efforts Leam, thanks for not following 'the snake' and showing your loyalty to us but if Accrington Stanley are to maintain hard earned Football League status this season then the club and those responsible for running it must act now and put somebody in charge who will for want of a better word just save us, unless this happens we are doomed.

Tried to remain optimistic and positive but after another weekend in which we loose and other teams around us pick up much needed points the fact is we need a change. At this stage I literally cannot see where the next 3 points are coming from and when we go behind in games the fact is we generally go and and loose.

Is it better to go down fighting or go down and accept the fact that it was 'inevitable one day'

I hope we pull through and survive but I just can't see it happening with the current management team. Is there any fight in the team when we go into these games, we need to start winning, look around at other results, Teams are fighting for their lives.....are we?? That makes it even more frustrating.
P
It's time to bring back John and Jimmy, the club needs a lift, the team needs some kind and any kind of inspiration, fans need lifting, results need to improve immediately and I just can't see it happening.

Rant over now I am going to go and have a lie down and really start to panic!!!

On Stanley On!
Not after the second 45 we don't.......... Performances like that will see us through, then next season Leam can forge his own team
Redash and Revived Red like this.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..