Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree44Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 16:52   #1

It's Time For Change NOW!

Thanks For your efforts Leam, thanks for not following 'the snake' and showing your loyalty to us but if Accrington Stanley are to maintain hard earned Football League status this season then the club and those responsible for running it must act now and put somebody in charge who will for want of a better word just save us, unless this happens we are doomed.

Tried to remain optimistic and positive but after another weekend in which we loose and other teams around us pick up much needed points the fact is we need a change. At this stage I literally cannot see where the next 3 points are coming from and when we go behind in games the fact is we generally go and and loose.

Is it better to go down fighting or go down and accept the fact that it was 'inevitable one day'

I hope we pull through and survive but I just can't see it happening with the current management team. Is there any fight in the team when we go into these games, we need to start winning, look around at other results, Teams are fighting for their lives.....are we?? That makes it even more frustrating.
P
It's time to bring back John and Jimmy, the club needs a lift, the team needs some kind and any kind of inspiration, fans need lifting, results need to improve immediately and I just can't see it happening.

Rant over now I am going to go and have a lie down and really start to panic!!!

On Stanley On!
smudgie, DAV007 and madkev like this.
Accrington Web
Old 02-02-2013, 17:06   #2
Senior Member+

Re: It's Time For Change NOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Boy View Post
Thanks For your efforts Leam, thanks for not following 'the snake' and showing your loyalty to us but if Accrington Stanley are to maintain hard earned Football League status this season then the club and those responsible for running it must act now and put somebody in charge who will for want of a better word just save us, unless this happens we are doomed.

Tried to remain optimistic and positive but after another weekend in which we loose and other teams around us pick up much needed points the fact is we need a change. At this stage I literally cannot see where the next 3 points are coming from and when we go behind in games the fact is we generally go and and loose.

Is it better to go down fighting or go down and accept the fact that it was 'inevitable one day'

I hope we pull through and survive but I just can't see it happening with the current management team. Is there any fight in the team when we go into these games, we need to start winning, look around at other results, Teams are fighting for their lives.....are we?? That makes it even more frustrating.
P
It's time to bring back John and Jimmy, the club needs a lift, the team needs some kind and any kind of inspiration, fans need lifting, results need to improve immediately and I just can't see it happening.

Rant over now I am going to go and have a lie down and really start to panic!!!

On Stanley On!
It's generally the case that the man in charge has the best handle on what's going on. This isn't Coley's team; they're at Rochdale. Are you seriously suggesting that someone else - Coley as you suggest - can swan in, fire the lads up (and I bet they care as much as we do anyway) and "save us"? Tell me the last time that happened (apart from Mad Dog at Barnet last season - and they've done 'final day escapes' for 3 years on the trot, and are there again)?

Coleman hasn't got a magic wand; nor has Cook, nor Leam, nor anyone else out there. Our current squad won't do it for Coley; they'll crawl over hot coals to do it for Leam, us and themselves.........

The ship isn't sunk; it isn't sinking; don't sack the Captain of the ship; get out there next Saturday and roar them on!

Well that's my belief anyway ........
Old 02-02-2013, 17:24   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Div3North View Post
The ship isn't sunk; it isn't sinking; don't sack the Captain of the ship.
But the warnings about the ice floes need to be heeded.
Old 02-02-2013, 17:56   #4
God Member

Silly.
Redash, Kiwi John and smobile like this.
Old 02-02-2013, 18:19   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Silly.
What is?
Old 02-02-2013, 18:20   #6
Senior Member+

I am sorry Mad Kev and Beach Boy, but you are both wrong. Why start a thread about a change in management when, to all intents and purposes we played with 10 all day today and got beat by a top of the league side. The only ones undermining the management are people like you who are calling for Coley et al to come back and save us from relegation. It aint happening period. Support the team and the management. Leam has now got the players he wants and will mould the team to winners. We are not going down this season. Yes I know we are only 4 points off the bottom, but give them a chance to turn it round, we still have 15 games to play yet this season and if the worst happens and we are relegated, it won't be a surprise to you two doubting thomas's.
AccyMad, Kiwi John and Revived Red like this.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 02-02-2013, 18:29   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveInGermany
But the warnings about the ice floes need to be heeded.
They don't get many icebergs on the Mersey so I doubt two out of work scousers would be much help.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 02-02-2013, 18:29   #8
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Old 02-02-2013, 18:35   #9
Senior Member+

Ive not called for a manager out since the days of Roadaway & Leighton James I dont think.

But for me Leam just doesnt have what it takes at the moment.

I cannot see where our next win is coming from. Not worth my £50 today im afraid.
fc:stanley and DAV007 like this.
Old 02-02-2013, 18:50   #10
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yerself View Post
They don't get many icebergs on the Mersey so I doubt two out of work scousers would be much help.
Don't need to be, as long as the skipper bears a little away from the course he's on now, the good ship Stanley can avoid the icebergs of relegation.
Old 02-02-2013, 18:57   #11
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by smudgie View Post
Ive not called for a manager out since the days of Roadaway & Leighton James I dont think.

But for me Leam just doesnt have what it takes at the moment.

I cannot see where our next win is coming from. Not worth my £50 today im afraid.
Don't blame Leam, Barnett off after 5 mins did not help the cause today. playing 85 mins with 10 men will not have helped.

Piston broke owd geezer, Stanley supporter and shareholder, Retired and loving it
Addendum, the views I express on here are my own, if you don't like them: TOUGH!
Old 02-02-2013, 19:12   #12
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outback Ozzy View Post
I am sorry Mad Kev and Beach Boy, but you are both wrong. Why start a thread about a change in management when, to all intents and purposes we played with 10 all day today and got beat by a top of the league side. The only ones undermining the management are people like you who are calling for Coley et al to come back and save us from relegation. It aint happening period. Support the team and the management. Leam has now got the players he wants and will mould the team to winners. We are not going down this season. Yes I know we are only 4 points off the bottom, but give them a chance to turn it round, we still have 15 games to play yet this season and if the worst happens and we are relegated, it won't be a surprise to you two doubting thomas's.

I agree with most points not all and I'm entitled to agree with whatever I like as you are

Enjoy the rest of the season
Old 02-02-2013, 19:15   #13

Are we bottom or 2nd bottom no . So keep us up
Old 02-02-2013, 19:19   #14
Senior Member+

Seem to remember being 4-0 down at half time under Coley at port vale!!!,and with eleven men.
Old 02-02-2013, 19:21   #15
Full Member+

Aye haha Yup awesome wasn't it and a guest appearance from the local streaker

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..