Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 17:40   #16

Re: James Beattie

very sad news as liked his attitude - only wished for his sake that his departure saw Stanley better placed to avoid any feeling that he failed - which he hadn't.
Dav007, please spare us the John Coleman stuff - seem to recall him saying on leaving that he had taken Stanley as far as he was capable so no point whatsoever in his return.
yerself, AccyMad, cashman and 2 others like this.
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2014, 17:40   #17
Junior Member+

Shocked, wasn't expecting to read that when I got home.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:41   #18

I would never wish Coleman on you all hope you get someone better in surely Accrington Stanley's penitential would stand out to someone in the Football World wanting to put got Accrington Stanley promoted to League 1 on their CV, Well Done on upsetting Tranmere at weekend

Good Luck Rest of your Season

UP THE DALE
cashman, Greeny and Chubbyman like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:48   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
very sad news as liked his attitude - only wished for his sake that his departure saw Stanley better placed to avoid any feeling that he failed - which he hadn't.
Dav007, please spare us the John Coleman stuff - seem to recall him saying on leaving that he had taken Stanley as far as he was capable so no point whatsoever in his return.
Oh he did say that n he had taken us as far as he could, i agree with him, But that changed when he got sacked at Rochdale.
yerself and sparkie like this.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:52   #20

So did he walk or was he pushed?
baldy likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:53   #21
God Member

John had taken us as far as he could at the time. However the key point being missed here is that we've been heading backwards (on the field at least) since the moment he left.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:53   #22
Senior Member+

David Dunn player manager? I wonder.........
Old 12-09-2014, 17:53   #23
I am Banned

Proccy for manager?
AccyMad likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 17:55   #24
Full Member+

Cheerio
Old 12-09-2014, 17:57   #25
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Johnny Coleman Save Our Season and football league status

If they bring him back come and see me and you can have our two season tickets for free.
Greeny likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 18:06   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
John had taken us as far as he could at the time. However the key point being missed here is that we've been heading backwards (on the field at least) since the moment he left.
Thats your opinion n yer entitled too it, mines if he returns i'm history.
Old 12-09-2014, 18:10   #27
Junior Member+

Has to be Coleman. He took us as far as he could? The play- off's! Id take that wouldn't you?

Seemed that Stephenson was the brains of the operation anyway so don't think too much will change for sat.
DAV007 likes this.
Old 12-09-2014, 18:22   #28
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Maybe he could do a Rochdale and leave us at the bottom of the pile in total disarray.
Old 12-09-2014, 18:23   #29

Very sad to see beattie go and in very strange circumstances. If it was the travelling then he would probably have gone at the end of last season. Must have his eye on something else. Exeter possibly. Maybe he's going to be number 3 at Chesterfield.

Don't know who I would like to come in but although I have huge respect for Paul Stephenson, it would only be the cheap option and the wrong option. Flitcroft at chorley may be worth a shot.

At least he didn't leave us bottom of the league.
Old 12-09-2014, 18:41   #30

Absolutely stunned. Never expected to read that. Don't know what's behind it but wish him all the best.
yerself and AccyMad like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..