Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-09-2014, 11:15   #76
Full Member+

Re: James Beattie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Bentley to Blackpool. Beattie to Leeds. Coleman to Stanley. Derek Quinn to Morecambe.

Nobody in their right mind would go to Blackpool normally and Jim won't go now we have this Chinese investment and a bigger budget.

I wondered if Oyston wanted Beattie as Riga's assistant to appease the fans. He would hate paying Riga his 1 year rolling contract to get rid.

Last edited by Morecambe_Red; 13-09-2014 at 11:19.
Accrington Web
Old 13-09-2014, 11:32   #77
Senior Member+

I know that I am not the only one to have felt , and stated that JBs tenure at ASFC would be of a temporary rather than more protracted one, so I was not at all surprised to hear of his departure. I guess that the Chairman and Board must have shared this opinion and have, hopefully,acted accordingly !.
As to his successor ?. Well one can only smile at the rapidity exhibited in this thread by those who always appear to know the immediate solution to any problem which confronts our Club. But why should I spoil their fun ?...
At the risk of annoying Accymad though, I am surprised that no one has suggested the possibility that managing Accrington Stanley could well have brought about disturbing repercussions in the...shall we say?..more romantic side of JBs existence, and perhaps Mrs B has presented him with the sort of scenario which one associates with Corrie and other Soap Operas. Where a wife accuses her better half of loving someone or something more than the love which she has to offer. Culminating in the phrase 'It's either me or them !'.
The scene ends with the Husband...knowing which side his bread is buttered on?..submitting to wifely charms and doing the right thing !....but I digress !.
Anyway, today the sun is going to shine on The Crown, ooops !...the SF Stadium,I'll be there,
Mab will pass some gossip along to me, Chubbyman ( Dav007 all forgotten !) will be there,
FA19 will fill me in with all the tactical machinations going on..which I can seldom get my head around anyway !....the ' get it up t'field 'lads will be in good voice.....BC and I will be annoying the visiting Directors sat next to us ..The best Centre Back in League 2 will be keeping Matt Tubbs subdued......and we'll all be giving the team the support they deserve !!...
Both Alfred.E. and I repeat ...'Worry ?.....what worry ??'.
Old 13-09-2014, 13:48   #78
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Jc and jb are in the directors box!!
SamF and DAV007 like this.
Old 13-09-2014, 14:56   #79

Quote:
Originally Posted by mab View Post
Jc and jb are in the directors box!!
Hope they've paid to get in!
yerself, AccyMad, sparkie and 3 others like this.
Old 13-09-2014, 16:16   #80
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeg Red View Post
Hope they've paid to get in!
and are shown the door after......give Stevo the chance if he wants the job!!!
Old 13-09-2014, 16:22   #81
God Member

Well done you mighty men in red.
Old 14-09-2014, 09:40   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Bentley to Blackpool. Beattie to Leeds. Coleman to Stanley. Derek Quinn to Morecambe.
Nobody wants the Leeds Job maybe Beattie is the "YES man" for that Job. aAs for Blackpool it's another Pompey suitation one of their board has taken alot of money out their club to their home country which is madness and proves foreigners should be in the background of the english game, Even after rumors yesterday of Coleman being at your Match i still wouldn't wish him on you all your club deserves somebody far better in that Management seat.

UP THE DALE
Old 14-09-2014, 10:33   #83
Senior Member+

There was mention on the 606 forum of Beattie being in the running for the Scunthorpe job. Scunthorpe fans expect their manager to be gone if the results don't improve.
Old 14-09-2014, 14:54   #84

beattie was sacked. didnt leave on his own. wont get a job easily with the truth gradually coming out. possible football league investigation coming as well
Old 14-09-2014, 15:01   #85
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishtonbumble View Post
beattie was sacked. didnt leave on his own. wont get a job easily with the truth gradually coming out. possible football league investigation coming as well
This has totally confused me Surely Bumble never played for Rishton
Old 14-09-2014, 17:11   #86
Senior Member+

Chubbyman,
Are you going to start spreading rumours about your boyfriend Beattie or do you only throw mud at scousers?
Old 14-09-2014, 17:41   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Chubbyman,
Are you going to start spreading rumours about your boyfriend Beattie or do you only throw mud at scousers?
Heard a few things about Beattie but they're speculation at the moment,so before I comment I need to know it's fact.What i've said about your friends is FACT.... and I don't throw mud at scousers,in fact I like them and have many scouse friends except if they're called DAV.....some good news for you and bad news for me is i've been told it's a done deal with Coley and the announcement is imminent,after the next game.
Old 14-09-2014, 18:23   #88
Senior Member+

If that's true, I will buy you a celebration pint and will look forward to receiving your season ticket.

But seriously, if you know something to be true, you should say it in public, rumours don't help anyone.

And would the person who keeps texting me the beattie info stop as I have requested, I don't want to know anymore.
Old 14-09-2014, 18:31   #89
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
If that's true, I will buy you a celebration pint and will look forward to receiving your season ticket.

But seriously, if you know something to be true, you should say it in public, rumours don't help anyone.

And would the person who keeps texting me the beattie info stop as I have requested, I don't want to know anymore.

I have offered to meet you face to face many a time and tell you what FACTS I knew,but you have never taken up the offer.
You are more than welcome to my season tickets as promised,I hope the stewards on the gate accept a paper bag full of carbon..... OXFORD Tuesday?
Old 14-09-2014, 18:35   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
i've been told it's a done deal with Coley and the announcement is imminent, after the next game.
Not what I hear Chubbyman ............. Hold on to your ticket for now!
Tommy McQueen and Chubbyman like this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..