Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree149Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2014, 20:56   #106
Senior Member+

Re: James Beattie

Superb compilation of JB's scoring feats at Sheffield United....
His penalty taking was masterful.......The "Walk away from the keeper" seemed to totally put the wind up 'em!!
He did this twice in his first few matches for Stanley.......
I still have this memory of him at the far end of the ground at Fleetwood two seasons ago when he scored a pen!..........
There was a really long delay in taking the penalty and their keeper was jumping up and down like a crazy guy trying to put JB off.......but JB waited camly, kept his composure, just stood over the ball then he marched several yards away from the keeper.... out of the penalty box .....turned round, ran up to the ball and absolutely 'SMASHED' it into the roof of the net.......PERFECT PENALTY!....
I really do believe that the keeper tried his best to get out of the way of the ball!!!!!!
If only we could have a twenty something JB in our forward line now!

Anyway.....I would like to say...
Thanks James for your work at Stanley and I would like to wish you and your family all the best for the future.
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad, cashman, Reamer and 2 others like this.
Accrington Web
Old 20-09-2014, 01:56   #107
Senior Member+

You want to find out why Beattie felt the need to leave before you start handing out the superlatives
Old 20-09-2014, 06:32   #108
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
You want to find out why Beattie felt the need to leave before you start handing out the superlatives
Seeing you are such a good detective and have a host of contacts in Costa La Scouse can you let us all know the true facts of the Accrington Bury game .Average country wide gamble on a game of this type £5000....actual amount staked on this game circa £150000.00.........amazing how many correct score bets were predicted.
Old 20-09-2014, 06:33   #109
Senior Member+

Quote:
Please tell us.
Old 20-09-2014, 06:47   #110
Senior Member+

I don't like doing rumours, I'm sure the truth will come out

Is Mr.T allowed to elaborate?
Old 20-09-2014, 06:59   #111
Senior Member+

Quote:
Actually Dav007.......I don't!!
All I want to do is to support Accrington Stanley 100%, whoever is the Manager and whoever the players are.......
Just remember this please.......
Any club, especially our club...... IS ITS FANS!
Managers and players come and go but THE TRUE FANS ARE HERE ALL THEIR LIVES!
Of course I am not so naive as to realise that fans have the right to ask questions at certain times but you seem to look for trouble, (or to want to cause it), much too often.
Just get 100% behind the club please!
ON STANLEY ON
AccyMad likes this.
Old 20-09-2014, 07:03   #112
God Member

Quote:
Is Mr.T allowed to elaborate?
As a club official he isn't going to elaborate, speculate or guess. The official line is he left by mutual consent.

Maybe it's time for everybody to move on, Beattie has gone, new management are in place.
Old 20-09-2014, 07:09   #113
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
As a club official he isn't going to elaborate, speculate or guess. The official line is he left by mutual consent.

Maybe it's time for everybody to move on, Beattie has gone, new management are in place.
you can bet on that Dave
Old 20-09-2014, 07:49   #114
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post

Agreed.

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..