Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree132Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2013, 21:27   #1
Senior Member+

James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

James Beattie is the manager of Accrington Stanley

League games alone -
10 played
0 wins
2 draws
8 defeats

Goals Scored - 6
Goals Conceded - 18

Total Points -2

After 10 league games, no one can deny the results are shocking/appalling/diabolical/unacceptable.

My biggest problem with James Beattie as our manager is simple, its his tactical knowledge and ability,
He doesn't have any.
He doesn't know how to change a game
His formations, team instructions, game plan, substitutions, player selection is all amateur.
He clearly is not cut out to be a football league manager.

The solution?
Easy.
We have a man in waiting who is available, who is proven, a good tactician, a man with ambition, a man who gets the best out of players at this level, he is use to working on a tight budget, is proven under pressure, and if the damage already done does take us down - has a track record to lead us back into the football league. And more importantly, is motivated to re-build his reputation after the Rochdale affair.

John Coleman - Save Our Season.
He would relish the chance to drag us up the table.

In Summary;
James, do the honourable thing and resign.

Finally,
learn from Barnet, don't leave it to late to make a change.
And never accept relegation as inevitable, we have a chance to make a change now and do something about it.
Now is the time.
Accrington Web
Old 04-10-2013, 21:45   #2

Re: James Beattie - Do the Honourable Thing

And so it begins !!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 22:22   #3
mab
God Member

Budapest Defenders Champion!
Fast Castle Defense Champion!

Leam R John C Jimmy B along with Dave O all at the game tonight.
Old 04-10-2013, 22:39   #4

Poor poor crap 1833 so two attacks by accy then daggers score. Why why why take hunt off.
Old 04-10-2013, 22:40   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
James Beattie is the manager of Accrington Stanley

League games alone -
10 played
0 wins
2 draws
8 defeats

Goals Scored - 6
Goals Conceded - 18

Total Points -2

After 10 league games, no one can deny the results are shocking/appalling/diabolical/unacceptable.

My biggest problem with James Beattie as our manager is simple, its his tactical knowledge and ability,
He doesn't have any.
He doesn't know how to change a game
His formations, team instructions, game plan, substitutions, player selection is all amateur.
He clearly is not cut out to be a football league manager.

The solution?
Easy.
We have a man in waiting who is available, who is proven, a good tactician, a man with ambition, a man who gets the best out of players at this level, he is use to working on a tight budget, is proven under pressure, and if the damage already done does take us down - has a track record to lead us back into the football league. And more importantly, is motivated to re-build his reputation after the Rochdale affair.

John Coleman - Save Our Season.
He would relish the chance to drag us up the table.

In Summary;
James, do the honourable thing and resign.

Finally,
learn from Barnet, don't leave it to late to make a change.
And never accept relegation as inevitable, we have a chance to make a change now and do something about it.
Now is the time.
I agree with you DAV007 about JC he certainly gets the best out of his squad,did a few not bet against themselves to win ,and do you honestly believe it was an isolated case.....Who else was involved certainly not only the players punished.If he's so highly rated why hasn't he received a single interview.
I believe JB should be given a chance to turn things round till Christmas,and get the rest of the squad fit at his disposal.It helps no one be so negative when support is needed for the club and I don't think JC would have put his hand in his pocket to pay the clubs tax bill unless of course he'd had a good win off the bookies!!!
ukcowboy, AccyMad and Grimps like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 22:44   #6
God Member

Speculation is inevitable after such a lifeless performance in such important circumstances - and I am unsure whether JB has the ability to get us out of this - but I'm not comfortable with how disrespectful the message in this thread is. That's just me.
ukcowboy, AccyMad, sparkie and 4 others like this.
Old 04-10-2013, 22:59   #7
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimps View Post
Poor poor crap 1833 so two attacks by accy then daggers score. Why why why take hunt off.
I think he was in danger of getting red carded!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 23:15   #8
God Member

Same old, same old from Dav007 - couldn't wait for that tenth game limit you so generously gave to Beatts before you started bleating could you?
Ok, we are in a perilous position but do you seriously believe with the injuries we have had/still have that anyone could have fared any better?
Tonight was not pretty but the lads could not be faulted for effort - Daggers were not that great in football ability although they were quicker than us & caught us twice on the break in what was a pretty scrappy game overall.
I was pretty sad walking off the ground tonight, in fact instead of the usual ritual of going in the Crown & putting the world to rights over a couple of lagers I found myself coming home, opening a bottle of wine & catching up on Corrie but I will still be there at the next game cheering on James & our lads - not berating them on here - that does no-one any good at all. Get behind the team & manager instead of satisfying your own agenda by proclaiming the supposed benefits of having Coley & co back in charge. (Rant over)
Old 04-10-2013, 23:20   #9

10 games to judge seriously.

Who are we Blackburn Rovers???

Imagine if Sir Alex had only been given 10 games to prove himself.

Give the man a REAL chance!!!
Old 04-10-2013, 23:20   #10
Senior Member+

Just watched JB's interview on t'Fishy...he says that there is enough in that dressing-room to win two or three 'on the spin'.

Can, after tonight's efforts,the most ardent supporter believe this to be true ?. One has to admire the show of loyalty to his players but shudder at this almost unreal assessment of a situation which so far has made opposing sides look so much better all round than The Reds and defeat seem to be inevitable.
I must also question here his choice of Captain. Unless there is some form of Telepathic links which we don't know about existing between Luke Joyce and his team via which he can inject effort and enthusiasm into their play, then it appears to me that the drive and dynamism so badly needed on the pitch at the present time is sadly missing.... and does this in turn explain his own poor form ?.

Quo Vadis Stanley ??.
Redraine and nige b like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 00:46   #11
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Speculation is inevitable after such a lifeless performance in such important circumstances - and I am unsure whether JB has the ability to get us out of this - but I'm not comfortable with how disrespectful the message in this thread is. That's just me.
i'm usually loathe to criticise individuals, be they players or managers, but BT just doesn't seem to have the x factor or whatever it is that turns players into teams.

One can't doubt that he is a gentleman, eloquently spoken and seems to care about the club evident in his general demeanour. Neither could one doubt that he has been able to pull in favours to get us a decent player or two - but they haven't been able to win games despite playing some half decent football at times. I'm not sure what the Carling Opta stats are for our shots on target ratio but from what I've seen, heard or read that is our main problem, we don't get any shots on goal. For a striker of some repute in his day this is a worrying statistic.

We have a talented squad he keeps telling us, so why aren't they winning?
  • Luck and injuries aren't helping matters but every team has that problem.
  • We are told that professionalism and preparation is correct so that isn't the problem.
  • We know that it isn't a lack of character from the players because he does his background checks before he signs them
That leaves tactics or motivation ...
Oldgobbin, baldy and yonmon like this.
Old 05-10-2013, 00:54   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
I'm not sure what the Carling Opta stats are for our shots on target ratio but from what I've seen, heard or read that is our main problem, we don't get any shots on goal. For a striker of some repute in his day this is a worrying statistic.
The Football League | Stats | Club Shooting

18 shots on target, not even 2 shots a game average
Old 05-10-2013, 01:39   #13
Full Member+

Maybe James Beattie will one day become a successful manager or assistant manager,but at a club that can afford to give him money to spend. It would be no disgrace for him to resign. His first attempt at football management wont be seen as a black mark on his cv as the football world expects any Stanley manager to be unsuccessful!

Last edited by winstanley asfc; 05-10-2013 at 01:42.
Old 05-10-2013, 07:52   #14
Senior Member+

[QUOTE=shakermaker; I'm not comfortable with how disrespectful the message in this thread is. That's just me.[/QUOTE]]

No it isn't. But we don't do respectful

Well, some of us don't
Old 05-10-2013, 08:15   #15
Senior Member+

First time ive heard a manager out chant in a stanley end since we where bottom of the Unibond and lost away at Bamber Bridge in about 1998.

Not nice

But people pay there money and are entitled to their opinions I suppose??

I really dont know what I would do, as its obvious we cant afford to sack him.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..