Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree64Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-05-2013, 17:50   #1
Senior Member+

James Beattie is name as new Stanley boss!!

Quote:
ACCRINGTON Stanley have named James Beattie as their new manager.

The 35-year-old was brought to the club by former boss Leam Richardson in mid-November to boost the club’s ultimately successful fight for survival.

Having worked under Richardson in a player-coach role last season, the former Blackburn Rovers, Southampton, Everton and Stoke striker will take the reins.

Richardson left his first managerial role last month to become Paul Cook’s assistant at Chesterfield.

Beattie, who made 27 league and cup appearances for the Reds last season, scoring seven meaningful goals, is set to be unveiled to the media at a press conference at the Store First Stadium in the morning.

It is not yet clear whether the former England international will continue in a playing capacity.
Beattie named Stanley boss (From Lancashire Telegraph)
Chubbyman likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 17:56   #2

Re: James Beattie is name as new Stanley boss!!

Be interesting to see how this works out!

Heard that he spoke very well at the awards evening. And talking to some saints fans down here in Southampton [where i live] they tell me he's a winner and demands more from his team mates all the time!

Hopefully he can get some of the players to sign up for us.
Potter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:02   #3
Senior Member+

I reckon there'll be some of the bigger stanley names who will think twice about going away - unless the offer is too good i think they'll stay
Old 13-05-2013, 18:11   #4
God Member

Absolutely 'chuffed'.
ON STANLEY ON
ianray, Dazzagee and Chubbyman like this.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:17   #5

HAGGIS 316 and DAV007 will be very disapointed people tonight. Come to think of it football clubs arn't queing up to sign the FOOTBALL GENIUS.
kristo1 and Chubbyman like this.
ianray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:22   #6
Senior Member+

Should i create a premptive thread - sack James Beattie now!
Old 13-05-2013, 18:30   #7
Senior Member+

Over the moon!!!!

Well done all the club :-)
Redraine likes this.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:32   #8
Full Member+

I heard it on the We Love Sir Alex Show, or to give it its proper title North West Tonight! I admit i wanted Coley and Jimmy back and i still think that they will be one day, but we must now focus on our new manager wishing him every success for the future, just as long as it's with us!
DAV007 likes this.
winstanley asfc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:38   #9

I am rather pleased with this bit of news and am looking forward to the new season with optimism
caretaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:42   #10

Didn't think he would even consider it as I thought he was living down south now, be an interesting summer as he will have some very good connections

Good luck James
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 18:46   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Be interesting to see if anyone now signs?
Old 13-05-2013, 19:04   #12
Senior Member+

I just said that on reddit - not a bad signing considering he was only here for a few months initially.

was looking to move down south to his new house and all that

and boom. stanley happens.
Old 13-05-2013, 19:20   #13
Member.

I don't know enough about this lad to make any judgements on his abilities has a manager; I guess we are out of money again and the club is striving to reinvent itself all over again come the 2013/14 season.

It will be interesting to see who signs and stays at the club and who opts out for the stronger teams, it will also be interesting to see where we go for our new blood now that JB is in control; will we see an influx of retirees from the upper echelons of English Football or will we struggle to entice middle of the road non league players to the Crown.

This will be a season of questions, hopes and fears and for a great part one of tears; It sure as hell won't be boring.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2013, 19:26   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Why should it be tears fer a great part Doug? Start off thinking negative is the worst thing yeh can do in my view, Having yer own business yeh should know that.
yonmon likes this.
Old 13-05-2013, 19:29   #15
Senior Member+

Congratualtions to James Beattie our new STANLEY MANAGER.
Here's to a successful start for him signing up a squad of his choice and looking forward to a new dawn next season.
Great appointment IMHO.
Now we need to all get 100% behind James and his players.
ON STANLEY ON ..... SING TO THE "BEAT"
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..