Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree26Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2014, 20:34   #1
Senior Member+

James Beattie Regime - High point - Low Point

Can you please identify what was your high point / low point of the James Beattie management era?
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-09-2014, 20:40   #2
God Member

Re: James Beattie Regime - High point - Low Point

He moulded a team that eventually gave us the hope that the impossible could become a reality.
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 20:54   #3

Regime ? It's Accrington Stanley, not the axis of terror

We all know you were in favour of "regime change" DAVO
DAV007 likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 20:57   #4

Just for you DAVO

Low Point: James Beattie not resigning last season so Coley could come back.

High Point: James Beattie leaving this season so Coley can come back.
Revived Red likes this.
smobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 20:59   #5
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Can you please identify what was your high point / low point of the James Beattie management era?
The high point has to be the day he finally shut you up.....and you nearly had to buy me a slap up curry....The low point must be walking away....thus allowing you to open your big gob again!!!
Chubbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 21:06   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
The high point has to be the day he finally shut you up.....and you nearly had to buy me a slap up curry....The low point must be walking away....thus allowing you to open your big gob again!!!
Kiwi John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2014, 21:12   #7

Coley's still at Sligo Rovers ( with Jimmy Bell ) , can't see him being tempted back personally ?
peter9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:02   #8
Senior Member+

Quote:
No.
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 10:27   #9
God Member

High points: Surviving in the Football League last season in spite of such a terrible start. The Middlesbrough victory. His commitment to community work, trying to improve non-playing standards and helping out with the transfer embargo last year. Erm... The suits?

Low points: The start of last season - Beattie wasn't ready for management and the club suffered, as far as I see it. The brand of football has been difficult to keep passionate about. Limited tactical impact. The media work which served as a conveyor belt of excuses and speeches containing absolutely zero inspiration for the following week.

As yet undecided: 2 year deals for players - unsure whether this is true progression or a shirt sighted hindrance for management of the playing budget. Also unsure on his ethos of constant positivity in the training camp. This can offer too much cushioning for players who really need a kick up the backside.

I appreciate a good amount of what James tried here, however I also believe his departure will ultimately be good for the club in the longer term.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 16:51   #10

Much more sense in that post Shaker than the drivel normally spouted when the topic of managers are mentioned on here!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-09-2014, 23:38   #11
God Member

High points - the 5 - 1 demolition of Morecambe despite the best efforts of
Mr. Bentley & co to get the original game abandoned.
Low points - Dav007's continued spouting of drivel regarding James Beattie's suitability as manager - you must be so proud of the outcome of your campaign
smudgie likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 08:24   #12
Senior Member+

High point - Turning round the terrible start to last season

Low point - His speech in the clubhouse after the last game of the season, Very, Very downbeat almost funeral like speech. Instead of a passionate "against the odds" speech and positive towards this season!
Old 14-09-2014, 10:30   #13
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
High points - the 5 - 1 demolition of Morecambe despite the best efforts of
Mr. Bentley & co to get the original game abandoned.
Low points - Dav007's continued spouting of drivel regarding James Beattie's suitability as manager - you must be so proud of the outcome of your campaign
Obviously, my honest assessment of the worst start in our history last season forced him out.

Or maybe is was my comments about the exciting brand of football?

Or was it the criticism of his tactical approach?

Clearly I am to blame.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-09-2014, 12:09   #14
God Member

Quote:
Clearly I am to blame.
Blimey, Davo, where have you put those paranoia pills when you need them.
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-09-2014, 18:27   #15
Senior Member+

High Points.

The speech at the dunkenalgh hotel the week before he took the job. It was absolutely magnificent and I was delighted he took it.

Laying the ghosts of Oxford to rest when we smashed em away at the end of last season and in general the way we finished the season.

The signing of in particular Marcus Betinelli, who without doubt was a massive part of us staying in the League last season.

The way he tried to improve the club off the field, with more community involvement and a far more professional attitude than its ever had.

Low Points.

The obvious first 10 games of last season, he obviously wasn't ready at the time.

The post match interviews, which has everyone pointed out, became VERY tiresome.

The way it ended..... Which im still not quite sure what happened.

In general I would to place on record my thanks to him, as in the circumstances a mid-table finish in our circumstances is a superb achievement.
smudgie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..