Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 08:27   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyman View Post
Would James Grey have missed all the chances Crooks has? Just a thought.
Probably not all, But its hard fer some to use brain cells.
Old 07-03-2015, 12:00   #137
Senior Member+

Not my favourite player by any means, but his goal record at the end of last season and early this really was great.

To be not even given a chance by the so-called messiah is a disgrace.
Yet another case of the face not fitting.

I hope he does well at the Cobblers, good luck "Tippy".
cashman and smobile like this.
Old 07-03-2015, 17:20   #138
God Member

Mr.Gray was straight in the Northampton starting eleven but was subbed after an hour. No surprise given the amount of match time he's been given recently.
Old 04-04-2015, 10:15   #139
Full Member+

He scored 2 in 3 minutes for Northampton yesterday! What are the chances of him being recalled with Terry Gornell out for 3 games?,and more to the point would he want to return to Stanley?!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:00   #140

Talking Re: James Gray

Why would the Coalman want him anyway? He didn't think he was good enough to get in the 18 man squad, that would suggest there are at least another 7 players in from of him in the pecking order.

Our recent scintillating record of 5 wins in 25 games and his undoubted greater knowledge than any spectator means no one can question the great man's judgement anyway.

Great watch on football league show, not embarrassing in any way.
yerself, smudgie, cashman and 1 others like this.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:34   #141
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
Why would the Coalman want him anyway? He didn't think he was good enough to get in the 18 man squad, that would suggest there are at least another 7 players in from of him in the pecking order.

Our recent scintillating record of 5 wins in 25 games and his undoubted greater knowledge than any spectator means no one can question the great man's judgement anyway.

Great watch on football league show, not embarrassing in any way.
No Frank, our manager is qualified n we are not, so we have no right at all to opinions, n his arse lickers are too stupid to see what hes saying.
smudgie likes this.
Old 04-04-2015, 11:36   #142
Junior Member+

Its nice of so many of us to be concentrating on a magnificent display yesterday but instead we are looking at a player out on loan and for whatever reason the managers sending off. I'm sure John will regret his actions yesterday but it wasnt a one way altercation as morecambes GK coach looked to throw a punch for me.
I was never a huge lover of grays when he was at the club but give him credit for doing well in recent games for Northampton. I cant see him having a future at Stanley but I have upmost trust in John and Jimmys judgement. As for recent form I would take 50 points every season and staying in this league no matter how we get them. Lets not kid ourselves stayimg up is always an achievement and I actually thought that this team wasnt too far off a play off push but the 5 games at the start of the season and the 5 in mid Jan resulting in 10 defeats sort of killed them hopes.
Lets get behind the team and give them all the support we can on Monday in what is a massive game and get rid of some negativity.
Plus I'm sure the question regarding Gray will be asked on Thursday night by someone and I trust John and Jimmy have their reasons. Let roll our sleeves up and keep the faith !!!
Old 04-04-2015, 11:59   #143
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

This thread is about Gray not yesterdays game, which we were unable to get too as we said. But i expect these comments from arse lickers, Which i dont need to tell me to get behind the team at any match.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:12   #144
Junior Member+

If you read my post on yesterdays match thread you will quite clearly see that I comment it was a shame many couldnt make the game yesterday, so before we start accusing people lets get the facts right please.
As for me commenting on yesterdays game, I am quite within my right to make a comment about it and as it doesnt quite fit your ideology I get shot down for being an "arse licker" which I find a stupid comment.
It was more of a respone to the post a couple of posts before me about the incident regarding John but the next time I wish to comment on the game I will be sure to ask whether its ok of I do so.
I think I am also able to say lets get behind the lads, its not specifically aimed at you, just a general statement that the lads need the support. Thats not to say you dont already do so as I'm sure you do.
I do apologise if the post was put in the wrong thread or it offended you in any way.
SamF likes this.
Old 04-04-2015, 12:22   #145
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Yer certainly allowed to comment on yesterdays game, more so than me in fact, This happens to be a thread about Gray not the game thread. But its blatantly obvious to me why yeh did so,
Old 04-04-2015, 18:07   #146
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoUpTheStanley
morecambes GK coach looked to throw a punch for me
Can't you throw your own?

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Old 04-04-2015, 23:46   #147

Think we all knew what he was capable off, just needed the run of games and support and now he's scoring! Glad he is and doubt he will be back and why would he!
Old 05-04-2015, 13:24   #148
Senior Member+

Just going off topic but has anyone even heard of an "on loan manager" !!!
Sean Hessey is on loan to Marine fc and was recently put in charge to save them from relegation.
By all accounts hes doing a great job and has brought in Andy Owens who i thought was a decent player
Old 05-04-2015, 18:06   #149
God Member

I reckon many managers must feel as though they are 'only' on loan the way they get chopped and changed after half a dozen bad results.
Old 05-04-2015, 18:45   #150

Cool Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exile on Spencer St View Post
I reckon many managers must feel as though they are 'only' on loan the way they get chopped and changed after half a dozen bad results.
Or 8 games without a win !!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..