Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2015, 20:15   #61
Senior Member+

Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMoody View Post
So you're not allowed to meet in person?

Telephone only? Carrier pidgeon? Cans with string?

Let it go sad man

You clearly don't know what happened, but rather than help remove your ignorance I will let you bathe in it as you seem to enjoy getting angry.
FrankMoody likes this.
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2015, 21:12   #62
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
Cashman is cracking up.
Anyone who shows an ounce of support or agreement with the manager is called biased!

Your argument does not hinge on beattie giving him a run in the team because he didn't,
it does not hinge on the lad being wanted by other football or conference clubs because he isn't,
It's does not hinge on his game changing ability when he has come on as so far despite his excellent attitude and workrate he hasn't shown a lot,
It hinges upon beattie offering the lad a contract the same time beattie was handing out contracts like confetti.

If someone gets a contract they must be good!
Numpty, me point was and i said J.B. musta thought he had potential. That does not mean the guy gets played instantly, Everyone i see seems to be of the opinion that one thing J.B. did by giving contracts longer than usual at the club, were a good thing to help stability,plus if other clubs came in then stanley wouldn't see them walk away as in previous seasons, whilst he certainly wasn't perfect, that was a good thing, so can i repeat Numpty.
Old 13-02-2015, 21:19   #63
Senior Member+

Ok cashman, whatever you say.
Old 13-02-2015, 21:51   #64
God Member

Quote:
...Anyone who shows an ounce of support or agreement with the manager is called biased!
Which is more appropriate and less hostile than being called a "hater", don't you think, Davo?
Old 13-02-2015, 22:05   #65
God Member

Quote:
Cashman is cracking up.
Anyone who shows an ounce of support or agreement with the manager is called biased!

Your argument does not hinge on beattie giving him a run in the team because he didn't,
it does not hinge on the lad being wanted by other football or conference clubs because he isn't,
It's does not hinge on his game changing ability when he has come on as so far despite his excellent attitude and workrate he hasn't shown a lot,
It hinges upon beattie offering the lad a contract the same time beattie was handing out contracts like confetti.

If someone gets a contract they must be good!
Pathetic get a life,
Old 13-02-2015, 23:11   #66
Senior Member+

Time for oil-pouring yet again I fear ?...
Like Macca says there is, and I don't care to use the word but it seems to fit, crap appearing in every thread posted on our Forum.
So I won't mention Coleman, or the long gone Beattie whose work and influence at the Club are long gone and therefore of little relevance whatsoever !.
As for James Gray, whose ground-level antics displayed much too often, I don't like at all, It is I think that he is a young man finding his way in a difficult profession which often lands an individual between a rock and a hard place, and where a lack of experience and immaturity can have a serious effect on their development and opportunity !.
Skill level, in such situations doesn't seem to matter, and peripheral effects like Managerial preference and the presence of other more favoured players often decides their position in the pecking order for team selection.
If this is the case for young James then can I suggest that he firstly has the opportunity to sit down with someone having the wisdom to talk him through what must seem to him like an insoluble dilemma, and secondly that he does show the mettle and courage to make a real impression on all who are there to manage his journey towards finding his place in Soccer !.
Too many lads have been lost to the game at his age. Hope that James doesn't join their ranks !.
Old 13-02-2015, 23:12   #67
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsFc62 View Post
regardless of whats gone! Both Gray & Carver have been sent out on loan (or tried to be sent haha) because they dont cut it at League Level.

This isnt to say they are good enough period they are both very young players, plying their trade in a lower league, getting vital playing experience will help them both develop. If Gray is too stubborn to see that he isnt quite good enough, yet! then more the fool him
Maybe he thinks he is good enough and that being his problem?
Old 13-02-2015, 23:18   #68
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
As far as i'm concerned this is about right or wrong,simple as, Yer as bad as Davo fer being biased football19.
Right or wrong?,I unsure what you mean,
The club doesn't have a reserve side so how's he going to force his way back in?,surely playing games and scoring is the best avenue.
Never been biased cashy,i try to be honest on how I see it.
I have always said I like him, but it's game time he needs and he won't get in at the moment ahead of gornell
baldy and DAV007 like this.
Old 14-02-2015, 00:06   #69
Full Member+

Quote:
If you agree to turn up at a training session and afterwards tell the Southport manager you have changed your mind, then there is only 1 person to blame.
Hang on a minute. What you 'blaming' him for Dav0 ? He's made a decision for whatever reason concerning his own career and what direction it should take. He's spent a day with them, decided it's not right for him and changed his mind. In any walk of life be it plumber, brickie, scaffolder or whatever people are allowed to decide if something is right for them or not. 'Blame' has absolutely nothing to do with it except in the twisted logic world of Dav
Redraine, cashman and Revived Red like this.
Old 14-02-2015, 03:20   #70
Senior Member+

Quote:
he didnt under beattie.

2 managers who dont think he is good enough to start in league 2, but what do they know!
Its probably why man united, barcelona and bayern munich came into sign him, not as if he has ended up in the conference north playing at Barrow.
I don't know about trusting your great Messiah's ability to assess forwards ,which of the above great clubs snatched the services of Colemans greatest find Crooks....please remind me where he's playing now?
Old 14-02-2015, 07:16   #71
Senior Member+

A club even greater than man United, Barcelona and bayern Munich, a club called Accrington Stanley.

It's only a rumour, but let's wait and see.
Old 14-02-2015, 08:38   #72
Senior Member+

Quote:
A club even greater than man United, Barcelona and bayern Munich, a club called Accrington Stanley.

It's only a rumour, but let's wait and see.
Anyone else heard of this development ?...... rumour or otherwise ?.
Old 14-02-2015, 08:43   #73
Full Member+

this is a james gray thread, by the way he's on the way to training, this morning
Old 14-02-2015, 09:21   #74
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Nah just more crap imho.
Old 14-02-2015, 09:27   #75
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Just Davo being mischievous yet again. If that really happens then Coley has lost his marbles and I'll eat my hat. I have never put anyone on "ignore" yet but I'm sorely tempted.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..