Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree143Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2015, 08:59   #91
Senior Member+

Re: James Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by maccawozzagod View Post
i'll stick me boots on when the small handful of posters give o'er dominating every thread with the same two topics of rubbish. Until then those boots were made for walking
I agree with you maccawozzagod, its a shame they cant help but be negative about the club.
I would encourage you to stay on here and keep being positive, we need to stick together.
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2015, 09:08   #92
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
'this forum is crap now, same old drivel on every single thread being posted'

the usual cry from some old has been that's nowt left in his locker
dig yer boots out and stick em on !
Thanks Reamer !.

Unfortunately I only own Golf shoes nowadays !.
Old 15-02-2015, 12:42   #93
Senior Member+

Quote:

sorry Reamer but personally I think it's better to have forum that's alive with with old drivel as you put it, than a forum that's only posted on twice a day
Old 15-02-2015, 13:59   #94
Full Member+

Think you've got your wires crossed Accybeme the 'same old drivel' quote was not mine. My mistake , should have quoted in the usual way
Old 15-02-2015, 14:21   #95
Full Member+

Quote:
i'll stick me boots on when the small handful of posters give o'er dominating every thread with the same two topics of rubbish. Until then those boots were made for walking

Think you've missed the point macca. If you believe the forum is crap and dominated by certain topics the only way to change that, other than 'walking', is to counteract by choosing your own topics, which was meant by 'dig yer boots and stick em on' line. As for the two topics of rubbish, I think we've all been guilty of posting rubbish at some time haven't we ? To me the threads have a natural life span and then everyone leaves em and moves on to the next. When you're following a footy club there's two main discussions - players and managers. What's the problem ?
cashman likes this.
Old 15-02-2015, 15:00   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its a damn good thing a small number comment on every thread, otherwise there would be NO FORUM, Dont get why yer carrying on like a drama queen Rob?
Old 15-02-2015, 15:49   #97

The problem is most threads wander off topic and end up either pro or anti Beattie or Coleman or Dav0 adds some nonsense and people react to it. This is another example of it as the thread was about James Gray but is fall of allsorts.

Threads work fine if they stay on topic. There is also an ignore poster setting which will not show posts from people on it unless someone quotes them.
Red-Osbornello likes this.
Old 15-02-2015, 16:00   #98
God Member

nobody is being a drama queen Cashman. I purely made a comment that this forum is nothing but drivel and other people have commented further.

I used to post frequently (check the stats under my username, and they're all in here rather than Accyweb in general), but the last year or two all topics descend into the same old rubbish like deeayess has just posted.

Nobody is making a drama, nobody is walking.

All the people who say Accyweb is rubbish still read it, as it will always be the mouthpiece for those in the know to let things out, however, as time progresses less and less people post and just remain in the background reading.

I've tried using the ignore setting but I had that many people on it that threads made no sense at all!
Old 15-02-2015, 16:13   #99
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Well yeh did say these boots are made fer walking, and its a simple fact if the few didnt post regular then the forum would probably cease to exist, like many other forums have, its not rocket science. The ignore is fine fer those that need it, I dont, People can agree or disagree thats what lifes all about.
KiTChener and SamF like this.
Old 15-02-2015, 16:32   #100

In my opinion more people would contribute if the polarized DAV versus the Cashman clique bollocks wasn't clogging up every thread.
Old 15-02-2015, 17:15   #101
God Member

Quote:
nobody is being a drama queen Cashman. I purely made a comment that this forum is nothing but drivel and other people have commented further.

I used to post frequently (check the stats under my username, and they're all in here rather than Accyweb in general), but the last year or two all topics descend into the same old rubbish like deeayess has just posted.

Nobody is making a drama, nobody is walking.

All the people who say Accyweb is rubbish still read it, as it will always be the mouthpiece for those in the know to let things out, however, as time progresses less and less people post and just remain in the background reading.

I've tried using the ignore setting but I had that many people on it that threads made no sense at all!
Macca IS a god..

18 Years in the Football League

https://onstanleyon.com/sean-mcconville-testimonial/
Old 15-02-2015, 17:27   #102
Senior Member+

James is a Stanley player and he is as important to the needs of the club as any other member of the squad.
OK, at the moment he is not first choice but we all know how quickly the fortunes of players can change. A couple of injuries or a suspension could so easily thrust him into the forefront of team selection. So we need him fully fit and 100% positive in the cause for the team and the club.
Coley sometimes plays matches behind closed doors in order to keep the fringe players in the squad up to scratch and to keep his eye on their form.
So, could I suggest that we 'stay on Topic' in each thread and that some of you guys stop wittering on at each other on the forum and get behind all of our players and the management. If you think that the rest of us are 'entertained' by your petty argueing then you are wrong.
If you really need to keep on 'scrapping' at each other then do what we did when we were kids....Get down behind the bikesheds and have a 'Feight' .....'tis the only way for children to sort out their differences.
ON STANLEY ON, TOGETHER IN UNITY
SamF and Dav1d like this.
Old 15-02-2015, 17:52   #103
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by choirboy View Post
James is a Stanley player and he is as important to the needs of the club as any other member of the squad.
OK, at the moment he is not first choice but we all know how quickly the fortunes of players can change. A couple of injuries or a suspension could so easily thrust him into the forefront of team selection. So we need him fully fit and 100% positive in the cause for the team and the club.
Coley sometimes plays matches behind closed doors in order to keep the fringe players in the squad up to scratch and to keep his eye on their form.
So, could I suggest that we 'stay on Topic' in each thread and that some of you guys stop wittering on at each other on the forum and get behind all of our players and the management. If you think that the rest of us are 'entertained' by your petty argueing then you are wrong.
If you really need to keep on 'scrapping' at each other then do what we did when we were kids....Get down behind the bikesheds and have a 'Feight' .....'tis the only way for children to sort out their differences.
ON STANLEY ON, TOGETHER IN UNITY
(((Behind the bikesheds))) come/come choirboy advocating violence is no soloution
Old 15-02-2015, 18:12   #104
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accybeme View Post
(((Behind the bikesheds))) come/come choirboy advocating violence is no soloution
Oh it must be, our Fan/Director thinks so. Just shows how much knobs know, Dav @ I are very unlikely to ever come to blows, Though i can't really speak fer Dav, We are both Stanley Fans @ will never agree on some things,So what? Very good of choirboy, to speak for the rest of us I get quite a few messages saying i am correct, and i have no doubt Dav gets as many saying he is, Suppose though if yeh toot a whistle, it does summat to yer brain cells?
DAV007 likes this.
Old 15-02-2015, 18:24   #105
Senior Member+

Quote:

Still not quite sure who the 'old has been that's nowt left in his locker is ' ??.....would you have the Forum restricted to a certain age group ?.....or to those with something left in their
locker ? ...( Does this mean Physically, Emotionally, or Intellectually ?).
Can I suggest that injecting this element of ageism into a posting is just as unattractive as the protracted Coleman v Beattie argument which must be boring the pants off most of our contributors whilst allowing some to engage in an unending flow of jibes and near-insults !.

Still not quite sure who 'the old has-been' can be ....??.
KiTChener likes this.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..