Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-12-2018, 18:37   #16
Senior Member+

Re: January transfer window.

If I’m wrong I’m wrong.
Let’s see.
Revived Red likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-12-2018, 14:05   #17
Full Member+

Mark Hughes made at least three bad mistakes in the first half, unusual for Mark, Anderton was given the ball too late to do much with it and was under constant pressure. Their No 10 was a complete handful all the game. We had not got any answers. Why have we got such good players sat on the bench? Coley leaves his subs far too late for me. We had player on the bench yesterday who I believe could have made a big difference. Erico Suisa was on the bench, Why? good players know there is little point in coming to Accy as they will be bench warmers.
cashman and ferret man like this.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 14:27   #18
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
Mark Hughes made at least three bad mistakes in the first half, unusual for Mark, Anderton was given the ball too late to do much with it and was under constant pressure. Their No 10 was a complete handful all the game. We had not got any answers. Why have we got such good players sat on the bench? Coley leaves his subs far too late for me. We had player on the bench yesterday who I believe could have made a big difference. Erico Suisa was on the bench, Why? good players know there is little point in coming to Accy as they will be bench warmers.
Sorry Chris, have to disagree on some points - Any mistakes made by Mark Hughes were due to him having to cover for Nick Anderton who, uncharacteristically, was anywhere but where he should have been, certainly in the first half. For long periods he didn't even make an effort to mark Ivan Toney & you can't let a player like that just roam free.
You think Sousa could have made a difference, really? The lad tried when he came on but he's too easily knocked off the ball, far too lightweight for a game like yesterday's. Zanzala made a difference by running at their defense & making a nuisance of himself.
I do agree we could do with making subs a but earlier in some games but who would you have used yesterday? Maybe Piero instead of Sousa, but of the others??
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 14:53   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Hughes distribution has always been poor, but yesterday the stuff hes good at were also missing. in fact 99% of em were not at the races, i can handle us losing if a gallant effort has been made, but the first 45 mins NOTHING worth shouting about, better when we played 2 upfront in second half, but punished on the break, which wouldn't have occurred i think had we started 2 strikers, maybe our show would have been a bit better.,
monkey hanger likes this.
Old 30-12-2018, 16:30   #20
Full Member+

One up front at home BULLSHINE
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
ferret man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-2018, 19:55   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Hughes distribution has always been poor, but yesterday the stuff hes good at were also missing. in fact 99% of em were not at the races, i can handle us losing if a gallant effort has been made, but the first 45 mins NOTHING worth shouting about, better when we played 2 upfront in second half, but punished on the break, which wouldn't have occurred i think had we started 2 strikers, maybe our show would have been a bit better.,
I couldn’t disgree more about Hughes distribution being poor I think it’s excellent for a League One centre back
baldy likes this.
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 01:12   #22
Junior Member+

Believe Preston trying to sign Connor Ripley and Callum Johnson.
northender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 08:42   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
I couldn’t disgree more about Hughes distribution being poor I think it’s excellent for a League One centre back
Fair enough, watch him passing and then come to a view.
choirboy likes this.
Old 31-12-2018, 09:21   #24

I watch him passing every week
widnes viking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 10:06   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by widnes viking View Post
I watch him passing every week
so do i so we will have to differ then.
Old 31-12-2018, 14:29   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post

Can't agree with you on that one Cashy. Mark Hughes always gives 100%, he should without any doubt be the team captain. The blame for Saturdays fiasco should be laid firmly at the management's doorstep for their poor team selection and taking too long in making substitutions. "Wonder boy" once again looks as much use as a chocolate teapot!
Revived Red and choirboy like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 15:59   #27
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by keep the faith View Post
Can't agree with you on that one Cashy. Mark Hughes always gives 100%, he should without any doubt be the team captain. The blame for Saturdays fiasco should be laid firmly at the management's doorstep for their poor team selection and taking too long in making substitutions. "Wonder boy" once again looks as much use as a chocolate teapot!
I never said he dont give 100% read proper before opening yer gob, i said his passing is poor thats all, hes a damn good defender.
pifco likes this.
Old 31-12-2018, 16:05   #28

I think Hughes passing is pretty good too.
I thought he’d really struggle in this division but apart from when he’s up against a standout forward like Toney he does really well.

Sorry, Keep the Faith, got to disagree with any Sean criticism. The guy is class.

Really, the whole team is ok....we just need to have another good centre midfielder to play alongside Finley and better than Kee/Zanzala/Hall upfront. That needs either a huge slice of luck of another Coley miracle in Jan.
baldy, chevyfire and Chrisr like this.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2018, 17:48   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Didsbury View Post
I think Hughes passing is pretty good too.
I thought he’d really struggle in this division but apart from when he’s up against a standout forward like Toney he does really well.

Sorry, Keep the Faith, got to disagree with any Sean criticism. The guy is class.

Really, the whole team is ok....we just need to have another good centre midfielder to play alongside Finley and better than Kee/Zanzala/Hall upfront. That needs either a huge slice of luck of another Coley miracle in Jan.

It's not Sean I'm referring to Your Lordship. Sean has turned himself around to become a class act. It's the guy who gets rid of the ball either sideways or backwards as quick as he can who can't run with the ball that I'm on about!
cashman and monkey hanger like this.
keep the faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 12:45   #30
Senior Member+

IMHO Mark Hughes is a towering influence in our Stanley Squad.
His experience always shows through and he really plays the role of a 'Captain' in the team. His passing is usually very sound..... it is sometimes simply sublime
but against The Posh he had a relatively poor game with some of his passes below his usual standard.....In particular the attempted header back to Ripley which gifted Posh a simple goal.
However, the referee did not pick up the utterly foul behaviour by Posh's big centre half who Hughes was trying to mark at set pieces! Their lad was holding Hughes off at a distance by using a straight arm locked at the elbow with his hand wrapped around Hughes' throat! I really felt for Mark and I could see him getting totally frustrated with the lack of input from the referee!

AccyMad and keep the faith like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..