Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree253Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2019, 12:00   #76
Senior Member+

Re: January transfer window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reamer View Post
Not sure if we can get the loan guys back, especially the lad from Rotherham who added some pace to the defence but , if not, then surely Sykes must get a chance to establish himself at CB. He's been patient and shown whenever he's been called upon that he's a team player and very capable of handling himself at L1 level. Well deserved mom against Ipswich.
The priority in Jan is to get some help for Billy up front, we're well short of options if Hall doesn't return and Zanzala banned. Very happy to see that Barlaser is here for rest of season. I just hope that Coley can find a way to add some zip to our attack that we have lost since Jackson left.
Having said that, with regard to Jackson, he was not a threat today but have to say that Ipswich gave him very little to feed on.
Hope we can hang on to our 'better' players in this window. Clark and Finley must be under scrutiny from some of the big hitters in this league.
Both are under contract with a price on their heads. Everything is in Coley’s hands not the players so it’s not a case of hoping. Club is in charge.
baldy likes this.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 06-01-2019, 16:30   #77
Full Member+

It's only in Coley's hands until a club meets the players' valuation which is something he has previously stressed, so as far as I'm concerned it's a case of hoping we can keep hold of our better players until at least the end of the season to help keep us in this division.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 16:57   #78
God Member

Coleman said before the game that he was after or talking to 4 targets presumably loans we will have to be patient.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2019, 20:28   #79
Senior Member+

Quote:
It's only in Coley's hands until a club meets the players' valuation which is something he has previously stressed, so as far as I'm concerned it's a case of hoping we can keep hold of our better players until at least the end of the season to help keep us in this division.
So just set a ridiculously high price - simples !!
Kiwi John likes this.
Old 06-01-2019, 20:36   #80
Senior Member+

I do feel for Coley when to comes to making permanent signings. He needs league one quality and even if it’s a “free” wages become an issue.
He can’t afford to rock the boat with the strong nucleus he’s got by bringing players in on better money.
For that reason he’ll stick to the loan market I’m sure where a percentage of the wages can be met by the parent club.
KiTChener and monkey hanger like this.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:25   #81
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
I do feel for Coley when to comes to making permanent signings. He needs league one quality and even if it’s a “free” wages become an issue.
He can’t afford to rock the boat with the strong nucleus he’s got by bringing players in on better money.
For that reason he’ll stick to the loan market I’m sure where a percentage of the wages can be met by the parent club.
Wages are governed by budget all players sign contracts as the club grows so will budgets and wages Coleman is paid to manage and produce results its up to him to steady the boat and bring in better players for this level.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:12   #82
Senior Member+

You’re missing the point mate.
The budget may allow a good recognised League One player to join - but his contract may be at a level that exceeds the current deal of our best players.
That potentially causes unrest.
I’m sure Coley has a game plan to manage the situation by using the loan market.
Old 07-01-2019, 12:39   #83
God Member

[QUOTE=Twenty Eight;1221747]

we got promoted and doing ok this season with a squad that all seem to get on. bring in a couple on bigger money and this could be killed overnight. we regularly beat sides who,s players on paper are worth more than ours but our closeness together gets us over the line.
KiTChener and cashman like this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 14:40   #84
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
So just set a ridiculously high price - simples !!

Which is what happened with Jackson, wasn't it ? Some said the figures quoted for him were ridiculously high. Now I don't know the exact figure that the club (manager or owner ?) eventually settled for, but he still left.
Reamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 14:47   #85
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Which is what happened with Jackson, wasn't it ? Some said the figures quoted for him were ridiculously high. Now I don't know the exact figure that the club (manager or owner ?) eventually settled for, but he still left.
We got a damn good fee for jacko i think, Loved him but he aint Championship Level yet, cos he cant get a regular slot in Ipswitchs side?
Old 07-01-2019, 16:57   #86
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
We got a damn good fee for jacko i think, Loved him but he aint Championship Level yet, cos he cant get a regular slot in Ipswitchs side?
Talking to a couple of Ipswich fans in the bar on Saturday & they reckon we owe them some change
KiTChener and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 19:19   #87
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherry View Post
How did you miss info. from Mr. T #8?
See Coleys comments today about the game tomorrow confirming Charman’s return to Geordie land.
Old 07-01-2019, 20:30   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
Talking to a couple of Ipswich fans in the bar on Saturday & they reckon we owe them some change
But his colleagues didn't play to his strengths, felt he was badly let down by them. No support.
choirboy likes this.
KiTChener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 20:45   #89
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
But his colleagues didn't play to his strengths, felt he was badly let down by them. No support.
Quite agree, they weren't just blaming Kayden by any stretch of the imagination - just pretty pee'd off with their club in general
KiTChener, cashman and choirboy like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 07:39   #90
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiTChener View Post
Kayden was left to play up front on his own. He is just not that kind of out and out centre forward.

His success for us was based on how he played up front behind Billy's first thrust for the ball and he used his speed and skill to pick up the ball in advanced positions often coming in on goal at speed and at tight angles.

Kayden got absolutely no support from his colleagues and his abilities are being badly mismanaged at Ipswich.
KiTChener and Reamer like this.
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..