Accrington Web
   

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.


Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!



Like Tree49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2021, 12:15   #31
Senior Member
 
LongLostSon's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks
LongLostSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-01-2021, 13:53   #32
Senior Member+
 
Exile on Spencer St's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongLostSon View Post
Remember those two games well Exile. Tv cameras at Grays cos they were expecting to break a record with another straight win. Mangan got red for a bit of petulance and Coley was invited by the ref to watch from the stand !
At Aldershot we had to queue outside ground to await ref's last minute pitch inspection. Brought uncle Proccy Fan with me - at one point he needed a pee and when he came back I had to tell him about 2 rapid goals he had missed. Won 5 - 0 me thinks
Yeah, at the time I seem to recall Grays thought they would be walking into League 2, but an unfancied horse came up on the rails and beat the lot to the title!
Aldershot was a great result, but a ‘mere’ 1-4 score line on that night!
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 18:31   #33
Senior Member+
 

Re: January transfer window

Could Doniecian be on his way back ?
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 18:48   #34
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could Doniecian be on his way back ?
Why do you ask??

__________________
JCFG

15 Years in the Football League



308

STAY SAFE
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 18:53   #35
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could Doniecian be on his way back ?
And after his last loan spell....
__________________
JCFG

15 Years in the Football League



308

STAY SAFE
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 19:09   #36
Senior Member+
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by VALAIRIAN View Post
Why do you ask??

Because he's available Coleman rates him can play right or left wing back/ full back, center half, or even midfield and he,s a decent player you add if you have ambitions of top six finish.Plus I think there could be room in the sguad as there could be some going the other way possibleby on loan.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 19:18   #37
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January transfer window

doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2021, 19:26   #38
Senior Member+
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
doubt if we have room to pay him, must be on a lot more than he was here? would love him back but cant see it myself,
If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 13:54   #39
Senior Member
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
If and it's a big if Cashy he would probably be on loan yes I know that would make 7 but most aren't getting a game anyway and we have had more than that before.
Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 13:58   #40
Senior Member+
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Time to look forwards not backwards.
We've got better defenders already.
Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.
monkey hanger likes this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 19:25   #41
Senior Member
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Didn't stop us going for Roberts, one or two more signing in January according to John this morning, doesn't seem keen on picking McGuire, Mohammed or any of the younger lads so personally think defence could do with experienced cover.
It didn't and whilst this will be very unpopular I think any cost could have been invested better.
Has the same ring as the lauded return of Piero.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 19:40   #42
Coffin Dodger.

 
cashman's Avatar
 
Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January transfer window

Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.
andyd likes this.
__________________
N.L.T.B.G.Y.D. Do not argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
cashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 20:47   #43
Senior Member+
 
MikeA's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
Could Doniecian be on his way back ?
Rumour?
https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-...-with-donacien
MikeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 22:08   #44
God Member
 
VALAIRIAN's Avatar
 

Re: January transfer window

Not sure Mike, but I think we both know Coley likes to sign the same players time and time again

Wonder if anybody will beat Craney??

__________________
JCFG

15 Years in the Football League



308

STAY SAFE
VALAIRIAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 10:26   #45
Senior Member+
 

Re: January transfer window

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Piero was a good player at the level we were at also a top bloke but nowhere near the standard of Roberts in my view.
or the standard of clarke at the time who had his position.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools



Other sites of interest.. More town sites..




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48.


© 2003-2013 AccringtonWeb.com


Page generated in 0.39940 seconds with 11 queries

Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.1