Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-01-2017, 12:05   #136
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: January window

Quote:
Originally Posted by AccyMad View Post
I liked Buxton when he was here but given the manner in which he left I don't think I'd want him back tbh
Obviously i missed that? whats the score?
Old 08-01-2017, 12:18   #137
God Member

Just that he was here for pre-season training & games, was even on the team photo - he tweeted that he was staying & about to re-sign then at very last minute cleared off to Portsmouth to play for Cook & co - it just left a sour taste tbh
Outback Ozzy and cashman like this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:19   #138
God Member

Maybe it had something to do with a Bucko training throughout pre-season, smiling broadly in the team's official photo, and then disappearing just before the season kicked off. I liked him too but his fitness was (is?) a liability for a team with limited finances.
(beat me too it, Accymad)
Exile on Spencer St is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 12:25   #139
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Just that he was here for pre-season training & games, was even on the team photo - he tweeted that he was staying & about to re-sign then at very last minute cleared off to Portsmouth to play for Cook & co - it just left a sour taste tbh
Cheers di i remember now, me memorys getting real crap these days.
Old 08-01-2017, 15:28   #140

From Andy holt
There is interest in our players this transfer window, the days when .@ASFCofficial had to accept any offer are over. 1/2

But I won't stand in the way of any .@ASFCofficial lads career progression as long as the interested party is sensible. #justsaying 2/2
Old 08-01-2017, 16:04   #141
Full Member+

Quote:
I liked Buxton when he was here but given the manner in which he left I don't think I'd want him back tbh
I have to agree it left a bitter taste with me as well, although I liked him as a player and a nice lad to speak to. I did smell the hand of a no good agent involved in this. He would have done better staying with us. He has not had a look in at Portsmouth. What has happened to Naismith as I never hear him mentioned these days. But would I have Bucko back probably yes all things considered. I think he could be persuaded to come back on loan even. It is a department we are weak in. I don't know who else the Manager is talking to or what he has up his sleeve. we will know soon.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 16:06   #142
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Naismith scored a good goal fer em yesterday,
Chrisr likes this.
Old 08-01-2017, 17:05   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
From Andy holt
There is interest in our players this transfer window, the days when .@ASFCofficial had to accept any offer are over. 1/2

But I won't stand in the way of any .@ASFCofficial lads career progression as long as the interested party is sensible. #justsaying 2/2
Oh God! That sounds ominous.
I know we need the money, but to lose someone like the Don or Beckles at this stage of the season would be a disaster.
On the other hand, tell Arsene Wenger we want 10 million for McConville.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:08   #144
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I know we need the money, but to lose someone like the Don or Beckles at this stage of the season would be a disaster.
Hang on a min, after yesterday only 10 Million with add ons.
Old 08-01-2017, 17:30   #145
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Stiffupperlip View Post
I believe a lot of scouts have been watching Pearson every player has a price and if they want to go they will but as Andy Holt says the days off being ripped off have gone.
Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:35   #146
Full Member+

Looks like a chav has hacked his account, #justsaying
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:48   #147
Full Member+

I have to say that I am surprised Matty pearson has not been snapped up by a bigger richer club, He could walk into most teams and do a great job.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:50   #148

Just been reading Crooks want a loan away from Ibrox.I think that would be a good loan
Tommy McQueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 17:57   #149

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy McQueen View Post
Just been reading Crooks want a loan away from Ibrox.I think that would be a good loan
That would be beyond irony if we loaned back a player who was happy to sign forms before the season had ended.
Surely he'd be too embarrassed to show his face after that?
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2017, 20:40   #150

If you recall Beckles/The Don's agent told me there was strong Championship interest in the pair of them. QPR were after the Don, but I think their manager got sacked after that (the Luton away match). The Don being injured, and indifferent form on his return may have cooled interest.

If I was a betting man I'd say Matty will be courted by Div 1 or Champs teams also?

Sean's goal against Luton though. Reckon he's destined for a top European side.
Lord Didsbury is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..