Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > Hobbies and Accy Sport > Accrington Stanley
Donate! Join Today

Accrington Stanley Accrington Stanley forum.

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree153Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2017, 22:49   #181
I am Banned

Re: January window

I was wrong about Gerard he plays for Oldham and is also a dj
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-01-2017, 23:41   #182
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twenty Eight View Post
Blackburn's scout was at the Hartlepool game and theyd made their mind up to release him.
He might be back ................. but again it will always come down to ££$$
John is wanted by oldham and port vale
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2017, 16:42   #183
I am Banned

I’ve already spoken to Blackburn about John. It’s just a little bit complicated at the moment, with John’s contract running out at the end of the season. We have got a deal in place to extend his loan until the end of the season but that will depend on what happens in the next 48 hours with regards his future at Blackburn.”

A quote from coley
st06nc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 10:59   #184
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
John is wanted by oldham and port vale
MMMMMMMM two clubs without Managers.
Twenty Eight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2017, 11:08   #185
God Member

Oldham have a manager - they've appointed John Sheridan for this 3rd attempt at the job! Getting as bad as Martin Allen going back & forth to Barnet
monkey hanger likes this.
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:09   #186

GTF, leave stanley
Old 14-01-2017, 10:34   #187
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav1d View Post
GTF, leave stanley
I really don't get that, He never had a run in the team, His knowledge and experience would have helped the team a great deal. Strange decisions. but Eagles left and as played straight away and assisted in the goals for Portvale. It does raise questions in my mind about our training techniques. when players who can't get on the pitch during our worst run and can go elsewhere and perform. It does make for a question or two to be answered.
Chrisr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:42   #188

He never had a run in the team because he couldn't run!

Looked quality when the ball came to him but just didn't have the legs anymore.
AccyMad likes this.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 10:52   #189
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
He never had a run in the team because he couldn't run!

Looked quality when the ball came to him but just didn't have the legs anymore.
Bobby Moore could never run, didn't make him a bad footballer, he had it upstairs as GTF has.
mab, Dav1d, Chrisr and 1 others like this.
Old 14-01-2017, 14:38   #190

Don't think GTF could ever be described as speedy Gonzales, even in his heyday with Blackpool. He was just a big strong forward thought good enough to play in the Premiership.
Also mystified that, after scoring on his debut, he was literally side-lined.
I sometimes wonder whether if we got Diego Costa on loan, he'd get more than ten minutes on the field, and then only when we're 1-0 down.
cashman, Chrisr and monkey hanger like this.
Lord Stiffupperlip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 15:21   #191

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAV007 View Post
What a horrible thing to write about our new signings beliefs because you don't agree with them.
Show some respect and get behind the club, such horrible bitter outdated remarks because someone has a different belief to you are not welcome at Accrington Stanley, especially to a new young player who needs all the support possible.

The lad is internet savvy, he may well read this forum. Do you think your spiteful childish comments may provide him with any more encouragement or motivation to wear the Stanley shirt?
Bloody hell
johnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 16:01   #192

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Bobby Moore could never run, didn't make him a bad footballer, he had it upstairs as GTF has.
We can't get Moore but I'm sure Bobby Charlton still has it upstairs you want to give him a go? He's been without a club for a while so should be happy for a game!
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2017, 16:02   #193
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
We can't get Moore but I'm sure Bobby Charlton still has it upstairs you want to give him a go? He's been without a club for a while so should be happy for a game!
Prat
Chrisr likes this.
Old 15-01-2017, 08:37   #194
God Member

if you don,t try someone you,ll never know what if anything they can bring to the table. eagles and garry t f should have had a run in the side before they were given a contract. it would have saved some money if they didn,t come up to scratch and not having em hanging around here just to fill up a bench.
cashman likes this.
monkey hanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2017, 18:11   #195
God Member

Coleman reckons another incoming transfer this week let,s hope it,s someone with a bit of experience and leadership on the pitch.
andyd is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..